Sign in to follow this  
JAP

So what are your new years resolutions for 2004 ..

Gonna throw out Manfred with Mums (my bong)

Get rid of my little beerbelly that ive gotten the last 3-4 months

- Finish my BA thesis and earn the required credits at the university

- Buy OFP 2 (If it comes out in 2004)

- Move to a better apartment

That's about it smile_o.gif I don't usually make any resolutions but 2004 seems like a good year somehow ...

1. Get a life

2. Learn to model (maybe)

3. Do something other then sit on my ass for 7 hours at a time.

4. Don't do number 2

- Goto Euro Disney with my 4 year old daughter and wife, which i promissed them for over 2 years now but due to building a new house and it being so frigging expensive i didn t manage yet to do ..  sad_o.gif

You'll have to hurry for that one, as Euro Disney filed for bankruptcy this fall. It probably won't be around much longer.

This year i will really try to make an effort of not paying my taxes. crazy_o.gif

Oh and working less would be a healthy resolution to ,preferably fo the same morey...

Yep.... Quit smoking! I'll have to go on a diet as well then, as you tend to put on weight if you quit the fags,

Mine is not to play OFP at such irregular hours.....

Such as now

- Goto Euro Disney with my 4 year old daughter and wife, which i promissed them for over 2 years now but due to building a new house and it being so frigging expensive i didn t manage yet to do ..  sad_o.gif

You'll have to hurry for that one, as Euro Disney filed for bankruptcy this fall. It probably won't be around much longer.

They did  wow_o.gif

Well i dont think it will ever close, they will probably look for new investors or sell the damn place instead of really closing it down.

Maybe it ll become Six Flags Paris  wink_o.gif

Which would be a good thing cause then they put in more rollercoasters  smile_o.gif

Anyway, me crosses fingers it doesnt close ... try explaining to my little girl Mickey Mouse went bankrupt  sad_o.gif

Cheers

- stop smoking cigarettes again crazy_o.gif ,

- start to modify my pc up to ofp2 hardware specs or above tounge_o.gif

- ...  rock.gif

#1 Get a girlfriend

#2 Do more sports

#3 Spend less money (This contradicts #1 and #3)

#4 play more airsoft (this contradicts #1 and #3 as well) tounge_o.gif

#5 get to know more girls  biggrin_o.gif

[*] Get a girlfriend

[*] Get a driver's license for car & motorcycle

[*] Buy an off-road motorcycle

[*] Enlist for military service

That would make a good year.

mine is to NEVER lose a chanse to get a girl again... have done it ones last year, a chanse that will never come back...

oter than that, buy a new computer so i can play OFP for real ;)

Get a girlfriend

Mend friendship with this other girl (Very long story sad_o.gif )

Help get the (American) football team to the playoffs again.

Get a job

Graduate Early (Hopefully by New Years next year I'll be done with high school)

Get stronger and faster and reinforce my decision to go to the USMC.

There's probably a few others I could come up with, but who knows how many I will accomplish.

Great reading material!

But ok, here are mine;

-Join the Royal Netherlands Navy for a trainee post as a part of my study (seriously)

-DON'T get a girlfriend (Only costs me money and I don't have the time for it because of the above)

-keep playing OFP (easy one!)

-Try to finish a Dutch version of the landrover 110 and maybe even make a Fennek AD for OFP (If I can find the time for it)

Quote[/b] ]Get stronger and faster and reinforce my decision to go to the USMC
GOOD ONE! This should be my most important one! It didn't even think of it because it's so obvious. Altough I won't be joining the USMC.; I'll join the Royal Netherlands' Marine Corps in june/july 2005.

Good luck, Harnu! I hope you make it. But if you keep training every day, it shouldn't be a problem. Remember that strength isen't eveything, though; you also need form! A half year of training on form should be more than enough. (that's what I'll do also)

Training everyday isn't good though since the muscles rebuild during rest.

I train for one and a half year now, so don't tell me what to do. You're not completely right. The real message should be;

Don't train the same muscle every day, since it needs (more or less) 48 hours to rest. My current training schedule;

monday; chest, biceps, abs

thuesday; shoulders, back, triceps, abs

wednesday; legs (all leg muscles), abs

thursday; shoulders, back, biceps

Friday; chest, triceps, abs

(48  hours rest for shoulders and back is because thursday also counts)

The training schedule should change every three months to keep pushing the body to it's limits. A few times a year you should take a week rest to let the body recover. The best lesson is to listen to what your body tells you. It's a slow sport; don't think you'll be much after one year of training. The first year is often not more than getting into shape.

In the 1 1/2 years that I train I gained 13kg of weight. So I must do something right.

Heh... Many single men (or lesbians,heh ) in here...

Because I fall into the "just friends" category all too often because I'm not a big enough asshole.

@Frostbite, best of luck to you too.  Although my workout schedule is a bit more laid back then yours.  My real heavy lifting is Monday, Wednesday, Thursday at about six in the morning.  Football workout, good thing this is the last year I have to get up that early.  And gymclass everyday I do something.  Usualy squats or light benching. (Something like 140lbs on a decline bench.  It's a piece of cake on decline)But after football is over next year, I can work out at a better time than that.  And if I graduate early like one of my goals dictates, that leaves at least eight months with nothing to do but work and work out.

Heh... Many single men (or lesbians,heh ) in here...

Because I fall into the "just friends" category all too often because I'm not a big enough asshole.

@Frostbite, best of luck to you too.  Although my workout schedule is a bit more laid back then yours.  My real heavy lifting is Monday, Wednesday, Thursday at about six in the morning.  Football workout, good thing this is the last year I have to get up that early.  And gymclass everyday I do something.  Usualy squats or light benching. (Something like 140lbs on a decline bench.  It's a piece of cake on decline)But after football is over next year, I can work out at a better time than that.  And if I graduate early like one of my goals dictates, that leaves at least eight months with nothing to do but work and work out.

You don't have a big enough asshole to be... nevermind.

wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

you forgot you could play OFP with that 8 months too.

I'll see if I can do some VBS-esque training with the guys from the USMC from the USMC Squad during that eight month period tounge_o.gif