Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Real life photography/photo editing

I believe those are the pyramidal tracks, a housing development outside of Cairo.

I believe those are the pyramidal tracks, a housing development outside of Cairo.

Such a fiasco would never match the ridiculous beehive building complex that actually exists in Jerusalem's Ramot neighborhood:

DodecahedralHousing_640.jpg

crazy_o.gif

It's better than the boring apartment blocks everywhere else - at least that building is worth looking at, even if it only provides a "WTF?" moment.

That's a cool house. Looks like a colony, or some kind of tree house with lots of houses but no tree, where you can jump on the facade to your neighbour. Like that game Crystal for Amiga. And you could put solar panels on the roof and have your own little water cleaning system and stuff. And everyone knows each other well. Colony. Oh I wanna live in a house like that.

051005hst007b3be.jpg

That's a cool house. Looks like a colony, or some kind of tree house with lots of houses but no tree, where you can jump on the facade to your neighbour. Like that game Crystal for Amiga. And you could put solar panels on the roof and have your own little water cleaning system and stuff. And everyone knows each other well. Colony. Oh I wanna live in a house like that.

Try hanging a picture on the wall! banghead.gif

I just bought a few new peices of equipment for my D70, a 50mm f1.8 prime lens, and an SB600 flashunit. These pics are just me playing around with them...

BassDOF2.jpg

BassDOF1.jpg

Skull.jpg

BassDOF3.jpg

WesternSpringslo.jpg

Hey there...

Earl, love your first pic, its beautifull... where on fiji was that?

My first try, its taken just south of london on my ealier vacation there....

tounge2.gif

Where abouts in DK are you from? Curious if it's close to home.

bigma.jpg

New toy and messing with my old C8080 which still takes the best macro shots I've ever seen.

hey,

was skating today and my mom gave me her Cam...so these are the results:

(most of them over 100kb, I've warned you! wink_o.gif)

Pics by me.

Actors: Alin, Adri, Dennis, Hugo, Ramon

pictures only resized

greets Eversmann

Ok here are some random shots first of my Dog. Then i will post some shots of the Lake District In the North of the UK for those that dont no...

Dog 1

Dog 2

Dog 3 Snow

Dog 4 Snow

Me showing off VBS1 wow_o.gif

Now for some shots in the lake district...

Lake D 1 [ My dad and dog ]

Lake D 2 [ My Dog Walking on Water ]

Lake D 3

Lake D 4

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....ake D 5

Lake D 6 [ plus mam ]

Lake D 7 [ lmao i think my dog ate a P. Frog ]

These 2 shots have nice backgrounds

Lake D 8

Lake D 9

Next i will post some shots of the Tall Ships when they were here in the north at newcastle..

Nice photos guys, but the links are a bit tedious. Either that or MTV shortened my attention span.

Guess what I bought? A threefiftydeeeeeeeeeeeee!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Tommorow I'm gonna take my camera out on my bike ride and get a couple of snaps of the country side.  smile_o.gif

You could probably write the purchase off on tax too, as a 'work expendature'.

Are those objects recycled engines? Very cool, the way they appear almost as plants in a greenhouse. smile_o.gif

Tax write-off, indeed.  Those pics are from the "engine tent" at a wrecking yard, and I was there mostly to grab some generic texture reference.  These are just the few 'cool' photos I took.

Later, I went to two other yards on the same road and they both denied me access, for different reasons.  I'm sure it's because they think I'm undercover and looking for stolen cars.  I was lucky they let me into the first one without too much trouble.

Nice shots earl, how are your first impressions of the 350D?

First I was like  yay.gif then I was like  yay.gif and now I'm like  yay.gif

It's not even comparable to my C3000 - I'm stoked to see such a huge difference, totally justifies the purchase.  No sky burnouts on a normal day, no more purple fringing, no autofocus issues, easy manual settings, way way faster reading and writing to memory, huge capacity even with RAW (2GB) and instant startup time.

Yeah coming from a C3000 I can understand it must be a trip smile_o.gif Only thing my old C8080 had over the 350D was its incredibly low ISO values. It would go down to 50 ISO while the 350D wont go below 100. That helps make the C8080 a great macro photography tool without having to buy lenses etc. I still use it for that ocasionally. You might still experience purple fringing on the 350D but that will be down to lenses not being cut apochromatically but the kit lens shouldnt have that smile_o.gif

100 to 50 ISO is just one stop.  You can always get a neutral density filter cut the light down a few stops before it enters the lens.

I'm going to try some long night exposures soon, I got the RC1 remote shutter control for that purpose.

Do any of you 350D owners have long fingers? I've just about saved up for a DSLR now, and Iv'e been out testing a few. And found the 350D quite unforgiving of my somewhat long fingers. Does this really matter in the long run? Since I love the feel of the camera, except that "little" detail.

wtf2je.jpg

Train

Do any of you 350D owners have long fingers? I've just about saved up for a DSLR now, and Iv'e been out testing a few. And found the 350D quite unforgiving of my somewhat long fingers. Does this really matter in the long run? Since I love the feel of the camera, except that "little" detail.

[ig]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5425/wtf2je.jpg[/img]

Train

Get the BG-E3 Battery grip underneath it, world of difference. Earl: Lower ISO values also cause less noise and I'd really have liked that as a feature seeing as I take most of my shots from a tripod anyway.

I know I posted a couple of pics of these ages ago, but I decided to play with the macro of my new camera today (weather has been sucking lately so not much opportunity to shoot outside ) and I figure my two old Russian cameras make interesting subject smile_o.gif

Lomo "Smena" ("Young Generation") Symbol (early 80's):

camera36ia.jpg

camera52sb.jpg

camera48xs.jpg

camera17mm.jpg

camera61nd.jpg

Interestingly, I just found that a number of these are still up for sale in their original packaging:

http://shop.lomography.com/smenasymbol/

Chaika (Seagull) II (Manufactured 1967-1972):

camera74gj.jpg

camera23lt.jpg

Both together:

cam88lg.jpg

I have to say, after handling these, most modern cameras feel like toys. Especially the Chaika - there's a lot of metal in that one, I'm sure you could do some damage if you threw it at someone, and it would probably not feel it at all itself.