Overall length with rotors turning: 30.19m

Maximum height to top turning tail rotor: 5.32m

Width fuselage: 2.69m

Length fuselage: 22.35m

Cabin Dimensions

Cabin length: 9.14m

Cabin width: 2.29m

Cabin height: 1.98m

Oh there is no doubt that the stallion is a big beast, but Scorpio's just isnt scaled right, I think he might have used the wrong unit of measurement in O2. Give me a few mins and Ill post some pics to show what I mean

And look at that comparison pic, your model actually looks the most accurate of all 3. The vbs1 model has some errors such as the back of the engine housing and the overall lenght is too short.

Well actually we need to be more clear about what chopper we are talking about.  Scorpio's is supposed to be a CH-53E  Super Stallion even though it doesnt have 3 engines.  The VBS1 chopper actually looks more like the MH-53J Pave Low from the Air Force, except for it has 3 engines and the Pave Low only has 2 (and I was wrong, the dimensions look correct).  Your chopper looks most like the CH-53E Super Stallion as far as the general shape, but it is missing the 3rd engine and refueling probe, and it isnt tall enough. I think the MH-53J and CH-53D are both a tad bit shorter in length than the CH-53E, but Ill have to research a little more to prove that.

Here are the pics as I promised (warning large pics)

Air Force MH-53J Pave Low  Note the way the back of the engine housing curves down sharply and the way the tail fin points straight out from the tail with no support brace.

USMC CH-53D Sea Stallion Note that it is the same general shape as the Pave Low, though it lacks the avionics package in the front and the refueling probe.

USMC CH-53E Super Stallion  Note the 3rd engine above and behind the front left engine, fuel probe on the nose, the way the engine housing has a gentler slope in the back, and the bent tail fin with the support brace.

Edit: I think the noses of the Sea Stallion and Super Stallion might be shaped differently too, but its hard to tell

And here are two pics to prove my point about Scorpios chopper being too big:

Real CH-53E with people to compare height

Scorpio's Chopper

I think the picture says enough

Anyways Shadows,  I think your model is the best one yet even though it is a simple mockup

Oh there is no doubt that the stallion is a big beast, but Scorpio's just isnt scaled right, I think he might have used the wrong unit of measurement in O2.  Give me a few mins and Ill post some pics to show what I mean

And look at that comparison pic, your model actually looks the most accurate of all 3.  The vbs1 model has some errors such as the back of the engine housing and the overall lenght is too short.

Well the height of a man ion OFP is afterall 2 metres, so there is no exact

Quote[/b] ]Your work is verry great and i looks great but...

Could you please only talk about our USMC mod and not you small project? thnxs

Thank you, and I apologize

Yeah, that's topic hijacking, makes me mad, as well as many other people. Make your own topic.

As for the CH53 Echos, NZX and I went over it, and Scorpio's model looks good as far as dimensions, pending further skin review, as well as tail and cockpit review.

The topic title is a bit misleading, "Lets talk USMC" doesn't translate to "The USMC MOD". rock.gif

It was a simple mistake and again I apologize

Semper Fi

Sig [uSMC]

USMC-Warriors

The topic title is a bit misleading, "Lets talk USMC" doesn't translate to "The USMC MOD". rock.gif

It was a simple mistake and again I apologize

Semper Fi

Sig [uSMC]

USMC-Warriors

Ah,No need to apologize,Post anything thats related to USMC addons if you want.I dont mind.I always like seeing new stuff.An those pix of that M4 look very very nice.I like the texture you have done.

Started to mess with the whole mod idea yesterday.I started with the main display first and Im going to work my way down.I have to come up with some good looking ideas.Right now its just a plain jane deal.

USMC-0038.jpg

Ok let me clear up some issues on the "Big Iron" CH53E. I am the mod expert, on this wonderful helicopter. Like I've said before I have about 6 years working on it. I help scorpio with the dimensions of his model.

Yes it is a big beast....in fact scorpio's model is almost right. it's not off by much. Our major problem was the high poly count that was incountered trying to build it.

The CH53E is bigger then the CH53D and MH53J (Pavelow)

The reason for this is the addition of the third engine on the CH53E. When they added this engine it gave the helicopter more tourqe the actual airframe had to be made bigger and stronger to handle the tourqe. This is another reason why it can lift it's own wieght in external load.

The only problem with scorpio's model is the landing gear are to big, which lets the helicopter sit to high when on the deck.

Overall Scorpio did a desent job with trying to keep to realistic dimensions.

As far as the cockpit exterior. The CH53E, CH53D, & MH53J all have the same front. the only difference is the MH53J has a huge electronics bay attaached to the nose of the aircraft. The CH53E just has a probe and the CH53D doesn't have a probe.

Right now, AFAIK, we're mostly on scaling, deciding how big the model is compared to other game objects, people, and vehicles. Mostly we're working on getting that right first, or we were the other day, because currently with the model, we have 3, and only one of them can be totally to scale. Currently that looks like Scorpio's model, so I'm not sure what NZXSHADOWS has planned, but I'd assume we're either rescaling his or Scorpio's model, and throwing away the VBS one. Keep in mind, assumption here, and I can't verify this at this time.

More news tomorrow most likely on which model will be used. We could rescale the models, but that means re-texturing in most cases, because the textures would warp at scaling. Eh, not sure what to do.

Wel i am sill working on the 53 Pack and I want to know one thing from you all:

Which version could I make more?

I have: The MH53J PaveLow III ( only one thing on this is that there is a gun in the back of the chopper wich cant be used cause there is already a gun in the right doorway )

And the MH53E Seadragon.

Definitely scripts, work on those now. Something like the BAS MH47E scripts, with the ability to easily call in a quick extract or a quick insert. Also probably some easy fastrope scripts and all, plus free walking of the fuselage.

For the  gun on the aft, make it an M240B or M249.

Wel i am sill working on the 53 Pack and I want to know one thing from you all:

Which version could I make more?

I have: The MH53J PaveLow III ( only one thing on this is that there is a Mgun in the back of the chopper wich cant be used cause there is already a gun in the right doorway )

And the MH53E Seadragon.

Make them both both are sexy choppers wink_o.gif

Just curious why you would make the tail gun an M249 or M240 since neither are mounted there in real life? The usual layout is either 3 .50 cal's or 3 7.62mm miniguns.

Are you guys going to do a full mod/campaign, or are you releasing addons one-by-one?

Well,We might have a couple of missions Maybe a small campaign For the Boot Camp section That is really just for the addons.But we are mainly just going to release single addons.

Well in my opinion you should make the CH53E, since it is the USMC Mod. The MH53E Sea Dragon is a navy helicopter and the MH53J is an Airforce Helicopter. I say make the CH53E first then make the rest off of that.

I should have most of the interior and exterior pics that I sent to Col Klink and scorpio of the 53 if you still need them WaffenDennis. I can help you out on the development of this helicopter if you want it to be acurate. I was helping Col Klink until he stopped work on his.

As far as missions, myself and Bobcat from the ICM clan have started on a mission for the Mod release. Hopefully it will be a hit. I will utilize every USMC Mod addon that will be made. I am also planning out smaller missions for each addon individually. Mostly they will be coop, but I might make a few C&H MP missions as well.

Quote[/b] ]Just curious why you would make the tail gun an M249 or M240 since neither are mounted there in real life? The usual layout is either 3 .50 cal's or 3 7.62mm miniguns.

Yes the CH53E does have a tail gun. It was implamented about 1 1/2 years ago. the Marine Corps has mounted a 50 Cal. Machine Gun on the tail ramp.

Waffendennis:

Perhaps I phrased it wrong, My point was not about the caliber but the type of weapon MSpencer chose. The M240 & 249 have never been mounted the rear of CH-53's.

The usual compliment is either 3 GAU-2 Miniguns (2 in the doors, 1 in the rear) or GAU-15/M2HB .50 cals.