Sign in to follow this  
bonko the sane

Aec island-3 in 1

Just spotted this at http://www.ofpnews.info/ofp/modules/news/ :

Quote[/b] ]Snakeman from PMC Tactical released AEC Island , AEC Island is Malden, Everon and Kolgujev in one 25km island wrp file

You can fly from malden airbase (only AI landable) to Everon or Kolgujev in one

mission

This raises a lot of oportunities for inter island war

smile_o.gif

Shame about the 1 AI usable runway per map engine limitation, but i really like this concept.

Is this one of those maps that create "mucho grande" lag in the editor/map unless you have an extremely powerful PC?

nope,i have a average pc > AMD1700+ ; GF5600 Ultra ; 512RAM ,the only lag i got was when i was flying at 1000kph (and that happens in allmost every island)

Its looks good but when i want to download this file  my firewall goes off and say Cannot download this file Trojan Horse removed.  rock.gif

I made one map with all 5 maps (+desert island and nogova) 51,2x51,2 and it worked just fine but my computer is out of order right now I cant play... sad_o.gif

Its looks good but when i want to download this file  my firewall goes off and say Cannot download this file Trojan Horse removed.  rock.gif

crazy_o.gif anyone else get this?

Quote[/b] ]I made one map with all 5 maps (+desert island and nogova) 51,2x51,2 and it worked just fine but my computer is out of order right now I cant play...

How rock.gif ? OFP only takes 512 textures, and since Nogova has about 300 texture types and Kolgujev about the same number, the number would quickly pass the limit. Or did you make new textures biggrin_o.gif ?

crazy_o.gif  anyone else get this?

Well i downloaded it from PCM Tactical and there was no problem only at the ofpnews website. I think ofpnews is putting TROJAN Horses in it  mad_o.gif

Its looks good but when i want to download this file my firewall goes off and say Cannot download this file Trojan Horse removed. rock.gif

crazy_o.gif anyone else get this?

No. I downloaded it and it is just a rar archive containing the islands, no trojan at all.

Edit: i got it from pmc tactical too....

Edit2: i just downloaded the one from ofpnews and it's exactly the same, same md5sum, same content, no trojan....

Well it seems the ofpnews site  has changed the download link now its working no more messages about Trojan Horse blocked. Well next time im visiting other great news sites. Without Trojans. Anyway back to topic i have no lag at all with P4 2.1 Ghz 512 DDR Ati Radeon 9700  biggrin_o.gif

Looks good. This is something that has been talked about for a long time. It's nice to see it finally come about.

[OT]

Well it seems the ofpnews site has changed the download link now its working no more messages about Trojan Horse blocked. Well next time im visiting other great news sites. Without Trojans. Anyway back to topic i have no lag at all with P4 2.1 Ghz 512 DDR Ati Radeon 9700 biggrin_o.gif

Considering that you don't know the difference between a firewall and a virus scanner, I'd be very careful about making serious accusations like that. I'm sure the OFP News people don't appreciate it when some paranoid person gets a false alarm and starts saying things that could damage their reputation.[/OT]

Sweet, its about time someone did this, nice one snake man!

this is great stuff, and they use Fatwombats hires textures (if u have them installed).

im keen to see what snake man the mission makeing machine can come up with useing these now smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]im keen to see what snake man the mission makeing machine can come up with useing these now

Maybe a new version of the PMC Command Campaign smile_o.gif ?

WOW! wow_o.gif

This is simply amazing!!!!

Great work there, snake.

I've dreamed about this.

So if some textures on Malden, Everon and Kolgujev were changed to the ones on Nogova, then Nogova could be imported too?

Well, get on it, folks tounge_o.gif

I've dloaded this and looked at it. It's kinda cool seeing the Malden coastline in the distance after leaving Everon. Are all of the islands still the same size, I wonder, or did he have to make them a bit smaller to do this?

They are all 100% in size. Atleast Malden and Everon (have'nt tried copying any Kolgujev-missions over).

crazy_o.gif  anyone else get this?

Well i downloaded it from PCM Tactical and there was no problem only at the ofpnews website. I think ofpnews is putting TROJAN Horses in it  mad_o.gif

Iv done a virus scan on the file and there ISNT a Trojan Horse in it.

Great Work Snake!

This Is Great!!

I Also Agree With Shadow,Nogova Would Fit In As A Fourth Island In That Group,Well Get Busy People And Get It Done!!!

LOL J/K but it would be nice if someone did update it with Nogova... smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This is simply amazing!!!!

Great work there, snake.

I've dreamed about this.

So if some textures on Malden, Everon and Kolgujev were changed to the ones on Nogova, then Nogova could be imported too?

No, I believe that would be illegal. You'd be sending the Nogova WRP and textures into a place where every cheap CWC bugger can use it mad_o.gif .

They wouldnt have the objects on it tho if you use the ones that came with the Resistance.

In my book, the proof of genius is producing something entirely new that makes everyone say "of course, that's so obvious, why didn't I think of that?"

q.e.d.

Quote[/b] ]They wouldnt have the objects on it tho if you use the ones that came with the Resistance.

BIS has put its foot down on this. You may not publicly release the Nogova WRP.