Sign in to follow this  
r1c0cH3T

Well yet another great addon being made by martin!

Martin, has taken a break from Helicopters and has moved to planes! Here's what Martin had to say on his site:

Quote[/b] ]

dc3.jpg

Well i thought i would take a brake from helicopters

and build my all time love a "DC-3" yes my love,this aircraft takes me back to the good old days when big band music yes hip,and fuel was just a little cheaper, i, they were the days. Of course i am not that old but i was born in 1959 !

Well i am not going to rush this but i will do a army version

cargo and transport.

Yes Ai will be able to land it.

Yes it will have animated engine smoke on startup.

And animated doors which you will be able to walk inside

and up to the copit before take off

I will be pushing the detail of this to the limit of ofp

but we will see.

Where is a lot of work still to be done on the outside

and then the fun starts (inside)

Will keep you posted

Martin......

Great work from martin as usual! Remember to send him an e-mail about his work or else he won't release it like his hot air ballon!

Great job martin!  smile_o.gif

Great news Martin, a release from your stable is always a real beauty.

May I suggest (bear with me now) a Tonal Defence Force version? In BAS's background history to Tonal, the islands were occupied by the British during WW2. I can just imagine some 1940's West hardware left lying around the island along with all the Cold War Soviet stuff - a real exciting mixture of technologies IMO. I'm going to post a bit of WW2/East Africa info over on the BAS Tonal/Tango thread if you're interesed.

Cheers!

Cornhelium

Wow that looks so good that you'd think its an addon for FS2K4 biggrin_o.gif Really nice work!

Wow that looks so good that you'd think its an addon for FS2K4 biggrin_o.gif Really nice work!

You never know it could have been converted from FS2k.But it does look very good.

Hmm.... it looks like a more modern DC-3 with turboprops. I guess that's cool for modern-day missions as these old birds are still flying. But I just wish someone would make a C-47 that the AI could take off and land. Right now there's only that old C-47 addon that was never finished, was too big, and didn't turn very well. sad_o.gif

But a modern day DC-3 would definitely be fun to have for using it on the Tonal map to simulate some crazy African missions with mercenaries, oil/mineral surveying teams, archaeologists, diamond smugglers, and a whole cast of shady characters mixing it up with government and rebel forces. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Looks good. Maybe we can see a camouflaged version? A lot of countries, especially in Africa, used the DC-3 up until just a few years ago.

Oh sweet, that looks great martin, I had no idea you were turning to fixed wing aircraft. Keep up the great work! smile_o.gif

Hmm....  it looks like a more modern DC-3 with turboprops.  I guess that's cool for modern-day missions as these old birds are still flying.

Turboprops? :S Its got the old rottary engines! Just look at the cowlings! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] But I just wish someone would make a C-47 that the AI could take off and land.   Right now there's only that old C-47 addon that was never finished, was too big, and didn't turn very well.  sad_o.gif
wasnt that supposed to be in the next Invasion 44 mod release?
Quote[/b] ]

But a modern day DC-3 would definitely be fun to have for using it on the Tonal map to simulate some crazy African missions with mercenaries, oil/mineral surveying teams, archaeologists, diamond smugglers, and a whole cast of shady characters mixing it up with government and rebel forces.   smile_o.gif

It sure would! smile_o.gif It still is one of the most used transport aircraft around and it would fit in to Nogova very nicely! smile_o.gif It and the 707/727/737 would fit in just fine! smile_o.gif

Actually the textures are from FS2k4 default DC-3.  Looks nice, and a version with turboprops would be cool too, for more modern conflicts.

Nice work Martin, if you want some help with the wheel animations you know who to ask (Me or Bratty the author but he may be too busy to help?)

Can you show us some pics of the interior please?

The plane looks very nice, but I am afraid it will be just like all of the other addons made by Martin. For some reason NONE of them work in MP so whats the point.

If you want a little "cabin music" for the passengers enjoyment, I have several Big Band Cd's.  I'd be happy to convert a few Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller tunes to .ogg for you. I'll even record them in mono and add some effects to make them seem like they are coming over a 1930's-40's PA system.

Also, it would be way too cool if you could make a puff of oil smoke come out of the exhausts as the engines initially spool up.

If you want a little "cabin music" for the passengers enjoyment, I have several Big Band Cd's.  I'd be happy to convert a few Benny Goodman and Glenn Miller tunes to .ogg for you.  I'll even record them in mono and add some effects to make them seem like they are coming over a 1930's-40's PA system.

Also, it would be way too cool if you could make a puff of oil smoke come out of the exhausts as the engines initially spool up.

Hahahaha... It would be cool to have an action menu radio for the passengers and crew. smile_o.gif

Please Remain seated until the light burns, And what also be cool to drop cargo. suit cases full with clothes( Soldier Killed in Action, got a suit case on his head) hehe

Would be fun

biggrin_o.gif

A DC3 never has been, and probably never will be fitted with turboprops, unless some one-off testbed exists somewhere.

What's really needed is some way to simulate 3 miniguns firing from the port side.

A DC3 never has been, and probably never will be fitted with turboprops, unless some one-off testbed exists somewhere.

What's really needed is some way to simulate 3 miniguns firing from the port side.

Sorry if I misspoke. I meant spool up as in get up to proper rpm, not as with a spinning turbine. I want that puff of oil smoke and the chug sound of a radial engine winding up to full rpm.

Sorry if I misspoke.  I meant spool up as in get up to proper rpm, not as with a spinning turbine.  I want that puff of oil smoke and the chug sound of a radial engine winding up to full rpm.

Didn't mean to sound grumpy, wasn't even referring to your comment. smile_o.gif

Definately looking forward to this addon. great for anyone doing mods/missions set between 40-80's in third world countries.

the south african dc3's have turboprops

Interesting. Got a picture?