Sign in to follow this  
RED

Ecp released!

I did not try to copy the cpp to the server base yet, i thought about it but my players wanted to play and i did not want to waste their time anymore.I will try that and report back afterwards.

BTW: copying the cpp files has not been necessary before on my server?!?

It works now with the cpp files copied into the server root. Hehe, my ofpserver scripts looks weirder every day, with all the checking for finmod and ecp versions in the mods option and copying or deleting cpps in the server dir...

Will you please look into that DR thing? I'm hearing stuff from more and more people.

The first test was really bad. We played cti and people died without cause and for 300-600 times. I was driving a uaz in friendly area and all of a sudden i am standing on the road, my car is driving on without me and my skin is changing rapidly between normal skin, wounded skin and my face.jpg. My player died 300 times within one or two seconds. This happened to me again half an hour later. And to many other guys on the server. We played that same mission 2h earlier without ecp and had no problems.

Will you please look into that DR thing? I'm hearing stuff from more and more people.

I am sorry if this has already been covered. You are sure that you have downloaded the DR addons installer and the DR config from the ECP page, and that it is installed correctly?

My problem above may be totally ecp unrelated, as v1.95 of ofp seems to have problems with heavy scripting. As i wrote there, i noticed a 3 or 4 times higher server load while running 195 on the server, with or without ecp...

I have to do further testing...

Hi Folks,

I hope this error has not been posted before, anyways, I did not find it in this thread...

When I tried to install the ECP_DR_Addons_Installer.exe I got the following error:

Error opening File for writing:

"\@ECP\addons\DynamicRange.pbo"

Hit Abort ...bla bla...

I am running the GOTY Edition with Beta 1.95.  ECP is installed correctly, the paths are correct too. There are no restrictions for writing or Free-space problems. I got it working when I installed .PBOs by hand so I think it is an Installer-Issue.

If you want, I'd be glad to help you out with my system Information (Registry, Path entries etc.)

And THANX for the big effort and time!

Pollux

ok, ok, will do. give me a few days though. 90% of all ECP bugs are install related, so my plan was to make people use the installers to fix that.

so much for that plan eh? wink_o.gif

hey everyone, I just wanted to say I like the work you guys are doing, but i have a few questions and request. first the questions; i dont know why but somtime when i disable the weather script it still changes, is this to be expected? and how do i get the snow effect to work? ok now on to the request I am sure you guys may already be working on some of these, but anyhow can you include the after smoke effects on the weapons like on the gwl troops it adds so much realism to the seen also i noticed a smoke effect on some newly intruduced tanks after the main gun fires such as the dkm tanks this is a must have if you are aiming for realisted combat simulation this smoke makes it look like it really discharged a shell  (but considering it is just a game maybe such realism isnt that much of a requirement) and last but not least, can the helicopter effect that goldmember mod use be added to the script please?

i truely respect and thank you all for your talents  biggrin_o.gif  blues.gif truely yours an ofp fan for life  biggrin_o.gif

ps. I am using 1.95 version

Quote[/b] ]first the questions; i dont know why but somtime when i disable the weather script it still changes, is this to be expected?

That is a bug, will be fixed in the next release. cheers!

Quote[/b] ]how do i get the snow effect to work?

Snow effects are defined in ECP_Island_Settings.sqs. You'll nee for the winter island how to make snow work either randomly or only at certain locations. Further work is required on the island settings system (i want people to be able to define weather patterns), but this is low priority at the moment.

Quote[/b] ]but anyhow can you include the after smoke effects on the weapons like on the gwl troops it adds so much realism to the seen also i noticed a smoke effect on some newly intruduced tanks after the main gun fires such as the dkm tanks this is a must have if you are aiming for realisted combat simulation this smoke makes it look like it really discharged a shell

MachoMan is looking into this. You can expect that it will happen.

Quote[/b] ]helicopter effect that goldmember mod use be added to the script please?

What specific effect do you mean?

I'm interested to know too. I wasn't aware of any special stuff on the GMR choppers other than rotor wash.

What I WOULD like to see is FDF style rocket effects. That mission in the FDF campaign where two Apache's swoop in low over the forest and pepper two trucks with FFAR's looks awesome because of the new rocket smoke effects. Rockets such as FFAR's and Hydra's look very distinctive when fired (see all the Iraq footage for example), and FDF really nailed it in their mod. If this could be added to ECP it would rock. smile_o.gif Also, missiles such as TOW's and Hellfires should use the LAW/RPG effect currently in the ECP, as I think it would suit them perfectly. Oh yes, and of course buildings should smoke when destroyed. wink_o.gif

Apologies for banging on about this all the time but I think it would add a lot for a relatively little amount of work. smile_o.gif

I think he means the way the helis exploded in the air with flames about like full burnning hollywood style and going down in a blaze of glory biggrin_o.gif

And they also spin and spew smoke. A feature I think would be "interesting" would be if people were randomly thrown out of the cargo bay when the chopper started spinning wow_o.giftounge_o.gif .

Hello there.

Being following the development of ECP for some time now and run curently 1.057 with DR. It's one of the best additions to Flashpoint!

However since upgrading FP to V1.95 any game with ecp enabled got prone to chrashing. Sometimes it simply CTD, savegames are now worth a shit and always chrash to desktop with some bizzare errror message refering to some config.bin entries.

Anyone else noticed this?

I would blame v1.95 for it since ECP ran stable with v1.94.

S!

Hello there.

Being following the development of ECP for some time now and run curently 1.057 with DR. It's one of the best additions to Flashpoint!

However since upgrading FP to V1.95 any game with ecp enabled got prone to chrashing. Sometimes it simply CTD, savegames are now worth a shit and always chrash to desktop with some bizzare errror message refering to some config.bin entries.

Anyone else noticed this?

I would blame v1.95 for it since ECP ran stable with v1.94.

S!

no problems here Tannethal, I'm running OFP with 1.95 and ECP 1.057 and i havent noticed any changes. runs the same as it did before the latest patch.

Im running OFP with a pentium 4 and win xp and a ATI Radion 9800 pro if that helps.

I think it would be nice if the pilots would stop ejecting from chrashing choppers. Never heard about that IRL.

Can anybody tell me how to force BAS (and other) choppers to use the Chopper Dust scripts provided by the ECP addon?

(Although the choppers from BAS are awesome, the dust is poor!)

Can anybody tell me how to force BAS (and other) choppers to use the Chopper Dust scripts provided by the ECP addon?

I think it is not possible without modifying BAS' config.cpp because of eventHandler issue (check ECP homepage, ECP readme, section "Making ECP Compatible Addons").

from the ECP readme:

make a trigger in a mission as follows:

- Size: 50000 x 50000 (as big as the entire map)

- Activation: Anybody (Once) when 'Present'

- Condition: this

- On Activation: thislist call ECP_addUnits

this should force all units to have ECP effects. i don't think it make units in vehicles have them though (damn, will have to do that in a future release)

@ snYpir

Yep, I've tried this trick with no effect. At least with BAS helos.

BAS helos has their own “engine†eventhandler and, AFAIK, it cannot be replaced with ECP “engine†eventhandler by making such trigger. As I can understand, this trigger can only add eventhandler that missing in addon' config.cpp, but can't replace it.

PS. Sorry for my English, it's not my native.

You are correct, the events are not replaced.

RED

Has anyone seen the rotorwash from DKM choppers (Mi-28 and Comanche)? Additionally, (seconding someone else's comment) the smoke effects when firing any weapon are very impressive!!

It would appear at least from first impressions that this is superior to both vektorbosen(sp?) and BAS's implementation. Although, I know not how impacting it is on framerate as my machine seems to handle things rather well.

Apologies if this has been mentioned or suggested before.

ixnay