Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 1.0 build and conquer is out

Yeah, but this one is different somehow. The error is definitively somewhere in the modern addons, as it appears even when i am not using ww2 addons.

So the 88.pbo seems to get referenced there somewhere. I will do a search through all the files in the next days. And i will check if the error goes away if i take the dependency on bis_resistance out of the rts3vehicleaddon again.

Update: i am do dumb sad_o.gif I forgot that broken addons (like the 88.pbo) have the habit of including themselves into every mission, even those not containing them... There is no problem with the addons, the problem is that all v1.1 missions have 88.pbo as a dependency in their addons section in the mission.sqm. If you remove it there the mission works again...

Hia all winker.gif

Our Swiss / German Community is rts3-fanatic too sowieso.gif

Karrillion, u do a very nice job supi.gif

We made a German Download-Mirror for RTS http://www.bloodcore.info/rts you find there Downloads from all kind of RTS3 (Modern/Vietnam/WWII/Addonfree)in "ready to use" modfolders. There is also an helping area, but this isnt interesting for non german-speaking readers

eek.gif

Many Gamers run into trouble to made Modfolders, so we decide to made complete Full-Packages as Modfolders, each for every Typ of RTS3. zwinkers2.gif

We organize each Week 1-2 RTS Games and try to play with much people (Mostly 10 or above). We post in english, and with the Timezones from US & UK too, so i hope some of the readers here could partizipate too.

We post some Dates and everyone could suscribe if he has enough time.

This Week we play @ Thu 11.27.03

<span style='color:cyan'>- 20:00 Berlin Timezone</span>

<span style='color:Red'>- 02:00 pm New York Timezone</span>

<span style='color:orange'>- 07:00 PM UK Timezone</span>

Suscribe for this date (You can post as guest too)

I hope to find new Gamer`s for our RTS-Dates this way hyper.gif

The suscribtion is only for motivating other Gamer`s, many arent willing to play, if not 8 or more player are on the List  banghead.gif

I doenst post all future Sessions here, so if your interesstet, look sometimes in our Board @ http://www.bloodcore.info/forum/index.php?board=22

CannonFodder

Hi CannonFodder, nice to see you here. As i told you on mapfact our new [GDT] server is online now. We have all RTS3 modern and ww2 addons in the ofp watch, and you can get the fixed addons (2s19.pbo, 88.pbo and rts3vehicleaddon.pbo) from there. I also fixed the the v1.1 missions to not contain the wrong addon dependency on 88.pbo anymore... If you'd like to have those let me know.

Everything is organized into modfolders too by the ofp watch addon installer, rts3 modern goes to our gdt modfolder and ww2 goes to the rts3ww2 modfolder.

Hi benu

We have made an workarround  smile_o.gif  In each Modfolder is the 88.pbo *g* easy but it worked too. Our Modfolders have the new Addonpbo`s inside  smile_o.gif

But i hope to play soon on your Server, yesterday it seems to be down?

CannonFodder

Hi Benu

I've been getting missing 88.pbo and rts3vehicles.pbo messages whenever I try to play RTS3, but only recentlky for some reason...I was able to play without any problems a week or so ago rock.gifsad_o.gif

Where can I get these fixed addons? You say

Quote[/b] ]you can get the fixed addons (2s19.pbo, 88.pbo and rts3vehicleaddon.pbo) from there

WHERE?! lol tounge_o.gif

I've been getting missing 88.pbo and rts3vehicles.pbo messages whenever I try to play RTS3, but only recentlky for some reason...I was able to play without any problems a week or so ago rock.gifsad_o.gif

Did you change anything, like putting them into modfolders?!?

Quote[/b] ]Where can I get these fixed addons? You say
Quote[/b] ]you can get the fixed addons (2s19.pbo, 88.pbo and rts3vehicleaddon.pbo) from there

WHERE?! lol tounge_o.gif

Actually, i said

...our new [GDT] server is online now. We have all RTS3 modern and ww2 addons in the ofp watch, and you can get the fixed addons (2s19.pbo, 88.pbo and rts3vehicleaddon.pbo) from there.

OFP Watch is a serverbrowser that automatically downloads and installs the addons you need to play on a server, if the server supports that tool (auto-addon server). Our server does this. So you start ofp watch, select GDT server in the server browser and click on the "[GDT] RTS3 v1.1 fix" package (5.5mb).

@CannonFodder: the server was up all the time, but i did some changes to dns, so maybe it was not reachable while the changes propagated through the net sad_o.gif

Ah thanks for the info Benu smile_o.gif

I can enjoy RTS3 problem-free now smile_o.gif

I installed OFP Watch (great program smile_o.gif ) and downloaded the fix.

I know this is prob stupid, but seeing as I dont have this addon yet, I thought I'd ask.

Do planes/helos land on their own, or land at all? if so, how? that is, if a player is not controling them...

AI can land choppers if you order someone to get in, for example. I'm not sure if AI can land planes or not. I wouldn't rely on AI pilots, though, for landing. They can take off, and they can blow stuff up for you, and that's what you'll really want them to do. =)

Karrilion i would like to first of all thank you for all the work you have done for the OFP community. Second i would like to ask what the WW2 upgrade pack on ur site is all about. I installed it and SHAZZAM! My WW2 RTS 3 works. Thank you once again. I also express supreme gratitude on behalf of my RTS loving clan {DEVGRU} we play RTS 3 all the time if we're on GameSpy. So go ahead and challange us if u DARE smile_o.gif

Septober,,out

wow no posts here in a while...

Anyway thought of something that would be good to get in print somewhere. What are the key combo's for placing the waypoints in the Command and Control menu for the commander.

I always forget those - isn't "shift + left mouse" WP1?

then maybe "alt + Shift + left mouse" for WP2?

Hey KaRRiLLioN : have you considered making an RTS set on the new G*A*I*A island? It'd be awesome smile_o.gif

There are loads of capturable 'sectors' like towns, villages, camps, airbases, ports smile_o.gif I think it would be perfect smile_o.gif And what would REALLY make my day would be if you used the WG Addon Pack units too smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I'm looking at the island. I don't know about using the new WG addons though. I have trouble keeping up with so many different RTS versions. Others are always welcome to make the modifications, though. smile_o.gif

The island is so large, however, that I probably wouldn't use the entire island for capturable territory. I'll have to carefully consider how to break it into manageable chunks.

How about the AEC Island? I read in at least two different forums that i am not the only one who thought about that.

I've looked at those as well.

It sounds like a cool idea, and maybe if you could have a 100 people in MP it would work well. I just know from experience that when you try to make a TON of land capturable, then everyone spends all of their time creating choppers to hop around from one flag to another. By concentrating capturable areas into a smaller, yet still good-sized area, then you concentrate battles and have a more exciting game.

I think I can use Gaia because it's all one land mass and I could easily divide that island in half and use that for territories and it would be a good war. Same goes with Tonali Island. It's a lot more fun to have it that way than spreading 20-30 capture points over a huge landmass, or over 3 large land masses.

Anyway, it's pretty easy to make RTS for another island. Simply de-pbo, rename the folder suffix for the island, then in the mission editor move the capture points around. Then, in TW-Init.sqs rename the cites. If you wish to add more islands, then just copy the markers/flag stuff for one, increment the number for those items, and then add another line into TW-Init.sqs for each new territory.

Hi, I'm sure I read somewhere about this question but I can't remember now... What's the best way to play RTS3 single player? On a server or creating a game from scratch or putting the mission file into my SP mission folder?

if the server is free and powerful, then I would say go with it, it would free up some resourses on your pc.

But that is not necessary, your own machine will do. I usually copy the mission into my mpmissions folder from the mpmissioncache, and then start it like me being the server to myself through ofp. I do not know if putting it in your spmissions folder works ok or not. Then just don't enable too many ai to fight against - cause it will get really laggy and/or crash if you try to take on 12 ai. Be sure to have an ai in the general spot.

hope that helps

Thanks, ya if you put it in your SP mission folder none of the AI do anything!

Today @ Thuesday , 23.12, our Community starts an Xmas RTS Session...

We starts @

- 20:00 Berlin Timezone

- 02:00 pm New York Timezone

- 07:00 PM UK Timezone

TS2 & RTS-Server IP you will find there short bevore the given Date/time:

Weihnachts RTS Special

cf

Pitufo: you should be able to play by putting it into the mpmissions folder and select "multiplayer" and "create new game" in ofp.

Need help with RTS3 conversion sad_o.gif

I've been trying to make an improved RTS3 version, and I'm not sure if this is a fault of my own but:

Cannot load mission, missing addons: groups

It makes no real sense. crazy_o.gif

This normally means you used some kind of broken addon... Did you use uce units?

Nope, but I fixed it. Deleted the line the hard and dirty way. Invites crashes, but it worked!

Another thing. I did something that invalidated the ammo crates... Can someone check for me what I did wrong? Contact me by MSN. I don't want to take up more space on the clan FTP for more useless uploads.

Now that I've played the RTS for a while i want to make some suggestions :

I want a key like "jump to soldier" to play inside other soldier and not only as commander. I´ll never worry about be killed, and I´ll play with all the weapons I need or like (sniper, AT soldier, tank commander ....).

AI always make shit. I want to put human´s brain in every soldier.

Just some thoughts ...

Keep up the good work !!

G-LOC

I have several kidnapped Russian and US soldiers in my basement, and I'm having their brainwaves converted into complex AI scripts which will make the RTS soldiers much better at fighting.

Also, I have a key which will allow you to jump into any soldier you wish to already. Press ALT+F4 to enable this. It will pop up a screen that looks like the windows desktop. Dont' worry, this is a new dialog I have created. There will be a button somewhere on there which allows you to choose the soldier.