Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 1.0 build and conquer is out

I updated to 1.1 and dint had that original rts3 file since i made clean install of ofp.

i can clearly proof that there were files not included ,or i must have made a major mistake at installing by missing a file. (and i reinstalled twice)

because when i tested the churchill tank after installation of the addons in editor ,it didnt work because of a missing crew .And when i found that crew addon on the net and installed it ,then that Churchill tank did work ,so it's clearly a case of missing addons.

I think our mapper said something about errors in the editor too, but the game works fine in mp nevertheless.

I confirm that bug. There are several "missing crewsomething" when placing rts3 ww2 tanks in the editor. Our mapper also told me that after installing ww2 addons some houses in other missions show up as enemy installations and that some other ww2 missions (i think mfcti ww2 something) do not work anymore because of missing addons. I will try to look into it to see if i can narrow down the cause of this.

When I checked the addons I mainly checked them as empty addons and didn't try to put in any manned ones since I wasn't making coops. Some of them probably use crews from other addons that I didn't include. In that case they'll need to be hunted down.

I'll be happy to add them to the addon pack next time I update it.

I've used RTS before for OFP successfully and and quite happy with the current efforts to keep it going for OFP

One problem I keep getting with the addon is I have ALL the main addons required required on the RTS web site, but it says on ALL of the new RTS missions that I'm missing addon 88 or an addon name that looked like 88 on the screen.

I got rid of the old RTS3Addon pbo and replaced it with the two RTS pbo files as instructed, but it keeps popping this msg up every time I try to play the missions.

I'd appreciate any helpful suggestions or mention addons I need to get.

Later,

Havoc.

Just wanted to check to see if anyone is having the same problem we are. I play with a group of guys on a dedicated server. Forgive me, but I don't recall the specs. I believe the server is an 850mhz with 512M of RAM. We've experienced ENORMOUS lag when playing RTS games lately. Today, the admin put the server on a dual 1G system and put 1G of RAM in it. He started up WW2 RTS and almost immediately was down to 20M of RAM. Wasn't even playable. Windows XP is the OS on both systems. When we tried playing on the dual 1G, the memory would spike, and we'd both get crashed to desktop. Any ideas on this? Is it an addon problem? Anyone else seen it?

havocsquad - look a few posts up for the info on the 88.pbo.

paul8agrape - Are you all using the new WWII addons pack?  2.1a is the pack version.  Also, are you using 1.94 dedicated server and clients?  That's solved a lot of problems for us.  My server is a 3gz with 1GB ram.  If u enable a lot of AI then you will get a lot more lag.  Also, download the latest release of the RTS missions.  I adjusted some stuff in the WWII version which might help.

I'll be out of town for a week starting tommorrow, but I'll try to monitor this thread.

Just wanted to check to see if anyone is having the same problem we are. I play with a group of guys on a dedicated server. Forgive me, but I don't recall the specs. I believe the server is an 850mhz with 512M of RAM. We've experienced ENORMOUS lag when playing RTS games lately. Today, the admin put the server on a dual 1G system and put 1G of RAM in it. He started up WW2 RTS and almost immediately was down to 20M of RAM. Wasn't even playable. Windows XP is the OS on both systems. When we tried playing on the dual 1G, the memory would spike, and we'd both get crashed to desktop. Any ideas on this? Is it an addon problem? Anyone else seen it?

OFP does NOT support dual cpu, so effectively you run the game on a 1ghz cpu. Did you try to start the server with -nomap? This is not by any chance TJs/Neds server?

paul8agrape - Are you all using the new WWII addons pack?  2.1a is the pack version.  Also, are you using 1.94 dedicated server and clients?  That's solved a lot of problems for us.  My server is a 3gz with 1GB ram.  If u enable a lot of AI then you will get a lot more lag.  Also, download the latest release of the RTS missions.  I adjusted some stuff in the WWII version which might help.

OFP does NOT support dual cpu, so effectively you run the game on a 1ghz cpu. Did you try to start the server with -nomap? This is not by any chance TJs/Neds server?

Yes, we're tried 1.94 and we are using the 2.1a WW2 addon pack. And we have the latest WW2 missions. We only have one enemy AI slot active when we play. I just tried removing all of my addons except the basic ones and loading only RTS and WW2 addons. Started up a game with only me vs 1 AI player. I have an AMD 1900 with 512M of RAM. Almost immediately, the game started freezing. I was driving the MCU and the game would freeze for 2-3 seconds then keep going. Be fine for about 10 seconds and then the same thing. Looked at my Performance tab and there was only 20M of RAM available! I didn't have anything else open at the time.

benu - thx for the tip about dual processors. No, this isn't TJs/Neds.

Forgot to ask. What is "-nomap"? I don't run the server myself so I'm not that familiar with all the parameters.

-nomap is a startup parameter like -nosplash, or -mod=@WW2. I believe adding it to ofp will make it so it only loads or "maps" the addons as needed, not loading every addon at startup.

It seems to work real well, I did a test where I had all the needed addons on for karr's server, and then left on the several 100 other addons I have that are usually turned off with ofpwatch. For a week in the all addons on configuration nothing went wrong, where in the past if I left on the unused addons, I would crash out in like ten minutes.

definately 1.94 with -nomap is the best config

-nomap is a startup parameter like -nosplash, or -mod=@WW2.  I believe adding it to ofp will make it so it only loads or "maps" the addons as needed, not loading every addon at startup.

It seems to work real well, I did a test where I had all the needed addons on for karr's server, and then left on the several 100 other addons I have that are usually turned off with ofpwatch.  For a week in the all addons on configuration nothing went wrong, where in the past if I left on the unused addons, I would crash out in like ten minutes.

definately 1.94 with -nomap is the best config

Wow. That's really cool. I'll let the admin know (if he isn't doing it already). Thanks.

paul8agrape - one thing which does cause momentary freezes is when new units are built. this is because OFP is loading the new textures and such into memory and it puts everything else on hold while it does that.

I have also noticed that the Junker floatplane can cause a bit of lag as well, but I'm not sure why. I don't think it's running a lot of scripts, but it could be because of the size of the plane. Unfortunatley I don't know of any other large paratroop carriers that I can use.

Also, I followed the advice of Trenchfoot (maker of theSpitfire and ME109 planes) and substituted the AI versions of those planes for building because the player versions have a lot of extra scripts in them that can cause lag. If you've recently downloaded the RTS pack, I updated the WWII version with those. It still shows 1.1 as the version, but if you build spitfire or me109 for example, the type should show as the plane name with AI at the end when you get in.

I'm on vacation atm, but I'll keep on eye on this thread. Connecting to the internet from this farm in North Dakota can be tricky. =)

Another question I have...I've noticed that sometimes the Salvagers will go out collecting stuff and other times, you create them and they just sit there and don't do crap. Is there some trick to get them to work?

Hiya all. I'm new to the forums but not to OFP...anywho...I took the forums advice for the 1.94, yet i get into game. Try to build something and BAM...its CTD's....no errors or anything. I use a MOD folder....i know it works...any ideas? Do i still need those crew addons?

Thanks a bunch,

Septober,,OUT smile_o.gif

the salvagers just go once they know of destroyed vehicles around (not sure on the range) - so destroying vehicles (better to be enemy) should make them head out

- Septober - are you using the -nomap command as a startup parameter?

Also i think the salvagers go for things with in about 5,000 meters or so is the farthest i have seen them go also karr could you fix it so that all of the salvagers don't go to the same peice of junk

RTS hint!!

Don't forget to tell them the one tip schmuckie if you see salvagers at there base this is a way to make them in to use able Cjs (Construction jeeps) how you do this i wont say but fool around with it hint hint. blues.gif

wouldn't be something as simple as oh say logining into them would it?

Or maybe it is if it is an enemy cj/salvager, blowing it up and rebuilding it?

damn you are such a tease birdkilla, how will I ever figure these things out?? crazy_o.gif

Today i got an error message about "missing addon rts3vehicles" from an old mission on winter nogojev. I am trying to find out exactly where that incompatibility is coming from and will report back if i know more...

I'm pretty sure it's a missing dependency. It references the Jawa, but I think that is in the O.pbo or some res addon, because when I tried to reference it in the addon, it gives the warning about Jawa being needed. I guess there's another class name or something that might be needed. I also have added a dependency for the stt_klr, but I haven't updated the file at the dload link yet just to make sure I nailed down any other missing dependencies.

Lol, i just found out the same, it's the jawa from bis_resistance. I put it into the config.cpp and the error message is gone.

Sorry, i don't know is the jawa for me?

I added -nomap, BAM, it works....but i still have the problem with in-game CTD's...just gets sluggish and crashes....i know i sound really noob...but i wanna play a whole game so bad...

Septober,,out rock.gif

I don't think this affects you. Or put another way: if you don't know about the problem it does not affect you wink_o.gif

Addons with missing dependencies cause problems in some missions where they are NOT used (this makes them so hard to find in many cases). In my case it was the crimson frost mission on winter nogojev which did not start anymore and displayed a "missing addon rts3vehicles" error message. After putting "bis_resistance" into the addon dependencies section the mission worked again.

Lol, i just found out the same, it's the jawa from bis_resistance. I put it into the config.cpp and the error message is gone.

Fixing that seems to cause another problem: you get "missing addon 88" in modern rts3 missions sad_o.gif It seems there are some more dependencies missing, i am looking into it...

The trail never seems to end, does it, benu? sad_o.gif Most of the missing dependencies are hidden away in weapons configs or something, most likely.

Col Septober, are you using mod folders? If not, are you using OFP watch? I would highly recommend u grab it and put in my server address 209.193.133.66 and then grab the addon packs that it recommends. It should automatically put them into mod folders. Then activate only the mod folders that you need.

If you don't wish to do that, then I'd recommend cleaning up your addons folders by moving stuff into mod folders. Then activate only the ones that you need to play whichever version of RTS you're playing.

What kind of PC do you have, i.e. CPU, RAM and vid card. Make sure that you have the latest video drivers. I think that perhaps your computer might not be handling all of the addons well or something, which is why I'm recommending that you disable the ones not needed for the version you're playing.