Sign in to follow this  
KaRRiLLioN

Rts 1.0 build and conquer is out

Wanna answer my question? lol

If you'd take a look, I'd be grateful. smile_o.gif

www.devgru.org/mspencerfiles/RTSconvos.rar

EDIT: I didn't quite include the problem...

Custom will not work. If you choose it, it comes up with a blank soldier. Any preloadeds load a G36 with 4 mags and grenades and an ingrams MAC10

Did you change the Ammocrates loadout script?  That's the one that gives the info on what will be included in the crates.  You have to tell it what kind of weapon it is, i.e. rifle.  There's a part in the array that you can look at for rocket launchers, etc. and you'll see what I mean.  You shouldn't need to change the actual ammo crate dialog script for anything.

There are 2 or 3 things to change for customs. If you change the name then you need to add the name somewhere in the script. I don't have it handy to look at but it's right there near the bottom I think.

About the missing addons groups, I'm not sure what that could be.

Not only the mistress. uce_kuffiya does this too...

Mistress addon? I don't have that, I've got UCE_Kuffiya tho. I removed it's line from the SQM, so we won't be seeing that problem from now on.

I think it has to do with all ruskies by UCE.

I'm looking at the script now, I think I've fixed it...

As long as you have uce_kuffiya in one of your addon folders it will add groups to your missions. If you don't need that addon then remove it while building the mission or get the fixed version (search in the forum).

will there be a non-addon-version,too?

i only have isdn, and a download of alle these addons that are needed, would take days for me!

I just tested the "buildings showing up as east/west" issue again. If i go back from rts 1.1 (rts3coreaddon.pbo and rts3vehicle.pbo) to rts 1.0 (rts3addon.pbo) the bug disappears. This bug appears in many other missions when rts 1.1 is installed and causes buildings to appear as friendly/enemy units and clutters up the radar. Also ai attacks those buildings and wastes ammo. It also makes rts3 ww2 on skye next to unplayable as there are lots of "enemy" buildings. Any chance of fixing that (my first look into the config.cpp did not result in anything) sad_o.gif

I'd like to fix it, but I'm not sure why it suddenly started doing that. I didn't change anything for the buildings in the last update, but suddenly they started showing up like that.

I'm trying to get someone to make some custom buildings for RTS. Nothing fancy, just some non-enterable decent looking buildings so that this problem won't happen anymore.

I didn't see any differences in the config.cpp either, that's why i asked you sad_o.gif

As it only seems to depend on rts3(core)addon.pbo there can't be that much changed (i think). Even using rts3addon.pbo and rts3vehicle.pbo together does not produce this bug (although that combination does not make much sense at all). I keep looking into it, but i don't think i will find anything when even you do't know what might have changed....

Hiya all, i'm having some slight problems

i get "addon dkmm_rsc requires version 1.92 of application"

when running all the mods that karrillions server is running...strange indeed..

Im using goty, clean installed and patched to 1.94b together with ofpwatch

which then results in this error

fel.jpg

Add -nomap to your startup parameters. If you're using OFPWatch to start the game, make sure that you have the exe pointed to FlashpointBeta.exe, and in the Other Startup Parameters box put -nomap.

Alternatively, if you're using a shortcut to OFP to start the game, right click on it, go to properties, and in the target box make it like this:

C:\Games\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA194.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=@BCA;@WW2_3.0;@Islands

The -mod info is whatever mod folders you are using.

That's like Generation 9 of Mapping errors.

1. 1.94b creates a new EXE, use it.

2. -nomap is not gonna help this time! Sorry! You have to physically delete files from your folder to get it to work!

Karrillion, I can get someone to make buildings for RTS3. He's helping out with the Bloody Days mod a little bit. He's a genious in my view. A Maya god. Tell me what you want to be done, and I'll pass it on.

-nomap should help out with this as karr said. this error has happened to several of the regular server players with ATI cards. In the majority of cases, it works fine. The other option is to do the install in mod folders like ofpwatch does and enable/disable whatever mods are needed (disabling all that are not needed) for a given map. This is not really much of a pain at all, some people do this, and restarting ofp after a heavy RTS game can be good for the pc as well.

The basic root of the problem is having to many addons loaded at once, -nomap should only load addons as you need them, or you can do it yourself.

What about... WWII RTS instead having the Cessna Replaced with the Camel. Makes a little sence dont it?

One of the addons required it anyway so the User should have the addon, therefore. A BIS Camel is what it needs for WWII RTS!

Well, you know what I mean. They didnt have Cessna 172s in WWII ether. But a Camel makes a little more sence.

There isn't a Cessna in WWII RTS unless someone made their own version with a Cessna. WWII is more of a land-based RTS so I make it take longer to get aircraft. In RTS3 1.3 you have to research advanced tanks now as well. Hopefully soon I'll be posting a new version of RTS for WWII, Modern, and Vietnam.

Hey, KaRRiLLioN. Tried to join your Teamspeak server but getting "bad login" message. Do we need to get passwords from you?

There is a server password. It changes from time to time, so you might have to join a game on the server to get it.

Also, make sure that you only put in a Nickname and server address. If you enter info into the Login Name/password area, then it'll give you bad login since you're not registered.

Errors I have Experienced within the 1st RTS Ive played today.

MiniMod RTS ---- Tank Fac Appears With the MCU's Hood inside. (Unable to get out)

MiniMod RTS ---- Spawning inside Buildings, EXAMPLE:

Spawn.JPG

Now, I dont know if those were just Minimod, and it was made by Red. But, Almost all of it is based from your scripts, so I was just wondering if these were fixable.

RTS (In General) ---- Spawn too far from MCU.

RATIONAL Ideas:

===================

RTS (In General) ---- Is it possible to quicken the amount of time it takes to get the default weapon? Or less time to have to stand there before you get your weapon.

Could the user perhaps decide what the Default weapon is, so they dont have to continously go to the ammo crate to get the weapon [would have to have an ammo crate in base to have this option])

ENABLING the AI Commander has been alot of time considered "Cheating". So, is there anything that can be done to stop cheaters from enabling the AI commander, which allows the computer to build 100,000x Faster, and rebuild a 2nd base?

Mini-mod is a modified version of RTS, so I can't fix anything for it. I know that in my versions of RTS there's no issues with the MCU's hood being inside of buildings when you make them.

RTS Spawning -- due to people complaining about being mown down the second they spawn (if an enemy is camping their base), I made it so that players spawn random distances from the spawn spot. I may make it a bit shorter of a distance, but it's mainly to give players a fighting chance when they spawn while an enemy tank is rampaging thru their base.

RTS Weapons -- I intentionally have a 3-5 second pause when a player spawns before they get their equipment. I'm thinking of making it so weapons must be purchased as well to balance things out with the fact that advanced tanks must be researched now. I plan on leaving the way you get your weapons the same for now, i.e. go to an ammo crate.

AI Commander -- I need to know exactly how they're making the AI commander activate. I've tried playing a game and clicking "Enable AI Commander" but that doesn't seem to do anything unless you do it very shortly into a game. I'll figure something out.

Hi karr

I have some problems with your new version (1.3) of RTS maybe you can give me (or anybody else) some tipps to fix it.

When I try to start one of the RTS missions OFP give me the error messages that the addons: 2s19_msta, M109, Mi26; mi26halo can not loaded

the problem is this addons are not included in the zip files on your page (my zip files are from yesterday) thats why I have no clou how I can fix it by myself

greetings Silent