Sign in to follow this  
toadlife

Ofpmark - test your rig with ofp!

Time to start pissing:

3.2 GHz Pentium 4

1 GB DDR RAM

128 MB Radeon Pro

OFPMark - 2252.86

I pulled a 1365, but that isn't entirely accurate.

OFP seems to have a particularly memory leak on multiproc systems. I've tested it on two and both fall victim to it, yet none of the uniproc systems that I've tried it on in the exact same configuration have the problem. It's kind of difficult to maintain an acceptible framerate when the system is paging out like there's no tomorrow because Flashpointresistance.exe has decided to gobble up 411MB of memory. There are certain missions that I can't even play because of this. The paging is so bad and constant that it takes well over a minute to tab out and kill the process. crazy_o.gif

Anyway, specs:

Dual 2.66GHz Xeon

Supermicro X5DAE

512MB PC2100

GF4 Ti 4400

Have you tried setting the processor affinity (making the game run on only one processor) for OFP after launching the game?

First thing I tried. It makes no difference, which makes no sense. I have absolutely no idea why this would only manifest on multiproc machines even when the process is running on one processor.

I sent BIS a bug report some time ago. I never heard back from them and haven't seen anything listed in the 1.92 erata, so I assume they aren't going to pursue it.

2400+ @ 2.4ghz

512 XMS3200 (DDR400)

128mb 9800Pro with 3.7 Catalysts

8RDA+ (Nforce2), 200mhz FSB

1024*768*32 4xAA 8xAF (Quality)

1.jpg

1024*768*32

2.jpg

Showing again that OFP is extremely CPU speed/mem bandwidth dependent. Perhaps you should do a test based around rotating/panning in a large town, that should place some more emphasis on the video card performance.

Did you see Toadlife's last note:
Quote[/b] ]NOTE If your game wont run with the included flashpoint.cfg file, open up your flashpoint preferences and set every setting to the highest it can go to.

Yeah, that was what I tried, but it wtill didn't work. Then I noticed the memory was set to 512 MB even though I only have 256 MB. But even if I changed it to 256 MB it still wouldn't work.

Does any of you know which setting in the preferences can cause a black screen? The game still works, as I can use the menu to quit. I just can't see any thing.

Try deleting your flashpoint.cfg file completely, click on "autodetect" int he setup and then set every setting to it's highest.

ofpmarkspeed.JPG

hmm interesting

my cpu benchmark in my ofp preferences is 5660

P4 2.4 533 bus

768 mb pc 2700 ram

ati radeon 9800 pro 128 meg

asus ps533 mobo

on board audio LOL

do my scores look a tad small?

Yea they do look too small. I need to make the test more consistent. I will work on it tonight. The AI in the tests is what's screwing everything up royally. crazy_o.gif

My rig didn't survive Test 4. smile_o.gif Got the blue screen. Maybe 1.94 would fix that though.

Odd...

testscore.jpg

Maybe this has something to do with it...

AMD 500Mhz

256MB RAM

128MB ATI Radeon 8500

Windows XP

20GB HD

Parts Missmach!

How did you manage that drewb? I thought I had the worst PC on the planet.

Specs:

P4 2.6, 512 DDR @ 800 mhz, 5200 rpm disk, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (Catalyst 3.8)

My command line to start the game

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=res; nomap;ses-addons;hisky;vietnam

2X AA and 2x Anisotropic results

ofpmark.jpg

My rig didn't survive Test 4. smile_o.gif Got the blue screen. Maybe 1.94 would fix that though.

hmm this may be a valuable crash finder for BIS. smile_o.gif

I'm gonna release OFPMark v2.0 later tonight. It will give results that are MUCH more consistent and they will also strain the computer even more - those people that are getting 2000+ scores will be brought down to earth with version 2. tounge_o.gif

Odd...

http://pipersglenresort.com/curtis/testscore.jpg

Maybe this has something to do with it...

AMD 500Mhz

256MB RAM

128MB ATI Radeon 8500

Windows XP

20GB HD

Parts Missmach!

How did you manage that drewb? I thought I had the worst PC on the planet.

I've got a P3 500, 384mb RAM and a GF4 Ti4600 crazy_o.gif

The video card does about 10% of the work it could be doing if I had a better processor sad_o.gif

Yeah, your CPU and memory subsystem can't push enough data to your graphics card. FYI: an Athlon chip will give ~1.5x the performance of a PIII 500 at the same clock speed. That explains why VMF124 Foxtrot got a higher score than your Pentium system.

The tests are too flaky to compare systems as of yet. LIke I said, I have a new version which I will perfect tonight and post. smile_o.gif

mr. toadlife, you must also take into account the PLAYER's 'userinfo.cfg' when you release the next version. Example: some players here may have framerate up all the way and visual quality all the way vice versa (it can go a milliond ifferent ways..)

mr. toadlife, you must also take into account the PLAYER's 'userinfo.cfg' when you release the next version. Example: some players here may have framerate up all the way and visual quality all the way vice versa (it can go a milliond ifferent ways..)

You are correct blackdog - have a look HERE

This thread is *dead* - please don't reply to this one!