Sign in to follow this  
Nagual

Bas tonal-tango pack

After a long time in the making, and endless nights of work, we are proud to present the BAS Island and OPFOR or "tonal-tango" pack.

The 5th of october version has been released, i will add d/l links to this post as they appear. (Note: not the pre-release files some people have)

A temp bas link is here:

BAS Island + OPFOR v1 (115mb)

We cant support the large file for too long, so please use mirrors as they pop up.

Thanks to the following site there are some mirrors:

Flashpoint.ru Mirror

@WAR Mirror

OFP.AT Mirror

This African based pack offers a wide variety of battlefields and units for OFP:R. It includes 2 islands, Rebel forces, Government forces, Militias, and civilians and vehicles for the main forces.

The pack also provide a wide variety of mission editing resources such as sound effects, objects and original music tracks.

Included is a short background file on the island and units, Insurgency campaign part 1 (also in coop), MP missions, coops, and SP missions.

From the Readmes:

Tonal Isle is a large world map for Operation Flashpoint: Resistance.

Set on the south east coast Africa, and combined with BAS OPFOR, it offers a wide variety of environments and battlefields for OFP, and a scenario / theme to open up new missions in the Tonal world.

The Tonal project has taken a very long time make, with countless hours poured into it over this year (2003) and before. But it is not perfect, so future versions will finalize things like urban models and vegetation.

Being larger than the standard BIS islands, the Tonal isle can be very demanding for a PC, so the more powerful machine the better, especially for mission editors. Use of fog in places like the jungle does make the lag much more playable, the jungle was always intended to be used with weather fog limiting the view distance.

The Tonali 1 isle is a extra bonus peripheral island, small and fairly rough, it is a lower-end isle for smoother editing and gameplay, a bonus for lower end PC players.

There is a lot of space on the Tonal isles, so explore ;)

BAS OPFOR provides a comprehensive set of units for a ficticious African conflict. For more information please refer to the Tonal History document included with the pack.

Features include:

- African Government troops and support units.

- African rebel troops and support units.

- African civilians.

- One unit per side that allows for custom faces rather than the default African faces.

Every single member of BAS had input into this addon. The team has worked tirelessly to bring what we hope is one of the most interesting addons available in the OFP community.

Enjoy the addon from the BAS Team!

tonal_opfor1.jpg

Enjoy ! wink_o.gif

Fuck yeah! smile_o.gif

edit: whoa 115 megs, between that, a 300 meg demo today, and probably a 700 meg linux distro later tonight, my ISP is gonna hate me biggrin_o.gif (its mutual) tounge_o.gif

edit2: does the BMP really have a missile showing on it?? wow_o.gif

Mirror up in 30 minutes.

Game up in 45 minutes on TACTICALBLUNDER.COM:2302

Coolio  smile_o.gif Sucking it down the pipe at 320kbs

Funny how all the replies so far are from Boneyard players  tounge_o.gif

Mirror up in 30 minutes.

Game up in 45 minutes on TACTICALBLUNDER.COM:2302

Coolio  smile_o.gif Sucking it down the pipe at 320kbs

Funny how all the replies so far are from Boneyard players  tounge_o.gif

You bastard I can only get 77.4kbs!!! Bandwidth hog!

Anyone near Texas that can upload this motha to my server? Needs to be both the RAR and the contents of the rar (to the dedicated server)

I can try, but cable upload speeds probably won't be too wonderful. sad_o.gif (now if every1 could email my parents asking them to get me T1/T3.... wink_o.gif )

Doesnt the BAS site support d/ld managers? sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

I need a mirror if anyone has on up post it sad_o.gif

Anyone near Texas that can upload this motha to my server? Needs to be both the RAR and the contents of the rar (to the dedicated server)

I pm'ed you Blackdog

@ Oct. 04 2003,22:32)]

Is that Mr. T on his shirt?  tounge_o.gif

you are correct sir

I hope you die.

(sorry Hellfish, but your days of me hoping you die are OVER!)

tounge_o.gif ;)