Sign in to follow this  
Konyak-2

Antonov 124 updated

he stole it? im gonna take a wild guess but them models aint free.. so if he bought and paid for them.. and used them.. and those models are functional in game.

edit: sorry i found otu the models are free. but my point still stands.

then who cares? now if he claims full credit for the model in the readme.. then ok thats a differnt story.

and that argument aside... 3d models are like legos. 400 people can make the same thing.. with the same blocks.. but the end result is the same freakin thing. it looks the same it smells the same but its made by someone else.

and are we a community that has to go on a which hunt every addon ever made? if its one thing i noticed about moding. is we love to cheer modders all the way to the top of the moutian.. then we enjoy nothing more then kicking the sonuvabitch off and stomping them into the ground.  whos next? footmuch? how bout marco polo? or mabe delta (tractor trailer). seriously. when someone releases an addon do you browse all 90 million 3d model sites going "ok that model is too good so he HAD to steal it.. lets see. ah ha! this is it, he stole it here!"  

tell me when BAS released thier blackhawk pack which one of you spent hours trying to find the site they "stole" thier model from? can we ever just be happy that someone went to the friggin trouble to make something for us to play with in game?

hahahaha!!!!!! STOLE?rock.gif.........c'mon, get real:-

1. 'Stole' is a serious charge among soldiers, for though we kill, we believe in honour above everything else.

2. The addon is not released yet, no readme for credits.

3. Anyone can come out with the basic 3dmodel, but do u know how many other models and modifications u will need to make it work in ofp? - resolution lod, geolod, firelod,etc, sometimes as many as 12 different models for one single addon. Makers who distribute free 3dmodels should be happy if the ofp addon maker mentioned even them, for its only 1 basic model he made."STOLE" would only stick if he uses someone else's full addon without permission or credit and seeing vit here tirelessly giving his time and effort freely for everyone thru the years, he has never stole anything!

Take it easy, lets not be too fast to accuse anyone of anything. Its so easy to destroy a person within 3secs but to build or rebuild may even take a lifetime. All the best, vit! smile_o.gif

I bought the same model like six years ago, its on a CD of military vehicles, its now publicly aviable, most won't use it because its like 40,000 polies. I imported it into the game over a year and half ago. corrected the model problems was a intersting projecct to say the least. Since then replaced it with a better more accutarte model but still like this one better for some dumb reasons.

by the way folks....

does anyone remember the last time yall went on this "0mG Yu H4x0r!! you st0l3z th4t!" rampage? you killed martin... you killed his one passion and joy.... addon making. by going insane on him for using ms textures on his dc3.

so please. next time you feel like calling someone a theif, and insulting their efforts and attempts to make this game better... do us all a huge favor.. just shut up. blues.gif

by the way folks....

does anyone remember the last time yall went on this "0mG Yu H4x0r!! you st0l3z th4t!" rampage? you killed martin... you killed his one passion and joy.... addon making. by going insane on him for using ms textures on his dc3.

so please. next time you feel like calling someone a theif, and insulting their efforts and attempts to make this game better... do us all a huge favor.. just shut up.  blues.gif

Well said.

I dont give a f**k if he killed someone to get the model, im still using it when it gets released.

I dont give a f**k if he killed someone to get the model, im still using it when it gets released.

that's a word

I don't mind where he got the model from so long as he makes a good addon out of it and properly credits anyone he used work from.

It looks like it needs a fair bit of optimisation though, particularly if it's 40,000 polygons like Bobcatt says the original mesh is.

Personally I think I'd prefer to wait for Scars to finish his Hinds though. He updated his blog today with some more impressive pics.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/scars/

Google Translation (not sure if the link will work)

http://translate.google.com/transla....cars%2F