Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Russian apc pack

Quote[/b] ]i have a animation bug on the zu23, anyone has idea how to solve it?

i see some poeples report this bug. I can't reproduce it. It may conflict somehow with ADF mod (it least thats what i was told).  Try to move VITAPC.pbo file to Resistance/addon folder.

Quote[/b] ]Found a bug: on the ZU23 you see in the commander view a optic box with an blue screen bit in the firstperson view its not there so whats up with that?

i remove this radar for "Gunner View" lod, othervise it will cover all your view , if you did't use optics.

Quote[/b] ]There's no problems with the ZU23 animation, the gunner proxy position is just too high

this is how it look for me.... Only 1 person during the beta test has this problem. I think proxy position just fine.

ZU23.jpg

As you guys may or may not know, AKM joined DKM a few months ago, this is why it's a co production. Simply to keep you guys interested the updated 0.9 beta was released in anticipation of the 1.0, that pack will have even more vehicles, and all vehicles will receive extra features.

So what will be included in that pack? i can hear you think..:)

Updated Patria, new boxer, a warrior, scorpion and one or two types of landrovers plus some we dont want to talk about yet.. smile_o.gif

The ZU-23 and NSV/Kord will be taken out tho... those will go into another 'statics' pack. together with other statics weapons/buildings/installations will be included into that one.

As you can see this whole scheme is an enormeous job, this is why the 0.9 beta is released now. AKM had those ones ready and it would be a shame to let you guys wait quite some time and possibly forget about them .

Because all the currently released addons are all AKM's work there was no point to give it the DKM tag.

But be assured we are working hard on the new full packs, if only real life stuff wouldnt get in the way..

Hope this answers your questions about the absent DKM tag etc.

Quote[/b] ]i have a animation bug on the zu23, anyone has idea how to solve it?

I heard it had something to do with the Toyota Hilux addon...do you have this addon?

Guest DKM-jaguar
The thread says it's AKM74's and DKM's work. So why is the PBO filename prefixed with VIT? rock.gif

Also, no sample missions and even a readme file is not included. sad_o.gif

OK OK...

missions I made are sitting on my desktop without breifings, cutscenes but they basically function. If anyone wants to finish them off then they are welcome to. I have no webspace to put them so if anyone has any ideas...

The thread says it's AKM74's and DKM's work. So why is the PBO filename prefixed with VIT? rock.gif

Also, no sample missions and even a readme file is not included. sad_o.gif

OK OK...

missions I made are sitting on my desktop without breifings, cutscenes but they basically function. If anyone wants to finish them off then they are welcome to. I have no webspace to put them so if anyone has any ideas...

Why doesn't a great addon team like yours put out a wanted add for quality mission makers to join the team? rock.gif

Updated Patria, new boxer, a warrior, scorpion and one or two types of landrovers plus some we dont want to talk about yet.. smile_o.gif

I hope you still keep all Russian vehicles in same pbo file and all others in their pbo wink_o.gif.

*edit* Forget what I said few minutes ago tounge_o.gif.

The real problem is untagged class-name for the ZU-23 animation. It doesn't work properly with MTLB-pack or FDF mod as they also use 'ZU23Gunner' class-name.

Quote[/b] ]The real problem is untagged class-name for the ZU-23 animation. It doesn't work properly with MTLB-pack or FDF mod as they also use 'ZU23Gunner' class-name.

That will be fixed in final version.

The proxy problem is an bug in the config it seems, I think it wont be there anymore in the final.

This is one fo the best addons ever made the bmp-3 with the thingy on top to stop the missles is great i took out like freakin 10 tanks wiht the bmp-3 all we need now is the t-55/t-62 pack so we cna have old school afgan fights against the soviets.. also i have not seen any bugs works perfectly fine.

That will be fixed in final version.

The proxy problem is an bug in the config it seems, I think it wont be there anymore in the final.

Good to know, I also suggest to add tags for those new BTR-80 cargo animations.

Keep up the good work.

Really great work.

I did notice that none of the vehicles seem to explode for me ( i'm using Goldmembers realistic explosion mod) and i cant seem to get the ARENA system to work.

Edit: Forgot to ask. Is the BMP/BMD suppose to be able to fire its 100mm cannon and the ATGM without reloading? Doesnt it use the cannon barrel to fire the missile? Right now i can fire the missile and a follow up shot from the cannon in less then a second.

i have a animation bug on the zu23, anyone has idea how to solve it?   rock.gif

I believe that Marfy's ZU-23 might be the problem... not too sure though.

Quote[/b] ]i cant seem to get the ARENA system to work.

It only works against missilse launched from choppers or armored units(missiles that are locked), and its not real noticeable (the missile just disappears a few yards in front of your vehicle, and the explosion doesn't damage your BMP).

having not seen arena in action irl, i cant say for sure but i would have thought it would be so quick you would barely notice.

as for arena ingame, im guessing it only affects the first one or two missiles? as any after that usually do damage/kill me

whch is just as well otherwise it might turn into some invincible vehicle heh

-360 degrees turning for NSV & Kord

I also would like to see 360 turn on that. Its ok if you have a wall behind you, but as it is now I can kill them way to easy. crazy_o.gif

i dont mind the static guns being like that, it helps balance them, i find they are very strong, so having them not turn 360 degrees helps balance --> really important in my opinion,

if you dont like balance just run around with HK pack's or INQ's OICW, or that BFG gun that came with all those other crazy guns tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Edit: Forgot to ask. Is the BMP/BMD suppose to be able to fire its 100mm cannon and the ATGM without reloading? Doesnt it use the cannon barrel to fire the missile? Right now i can fire the missile and a follow up shot from the cannon in less then a second.

i did try to do it that way before, to make it more realisic. But for some reason AI refuse to use ATGM at all, he just ignore and never reload it.

Quote[/b] ]I also would like to see 360 turn on that. Its ok if you have a wall behind you, but as it is now I can kill them way to easy.

real NSV/KORD stand 6T7 (UPM-170) have ±10-35 turn degree. Thats exactly how it in the game now.

its a shame that the arena only destroys locked missiles sad_o.gif, other than that great work.

Really like these units, especially the Arena system

It only works against missilse launched from choppers or armored units(missiles that are locked)
its a shame that the arena only destroys locked missiles

Are you sure? works fine against RGPs and LAWs for me (just as it is 'said' to in RL).

One question, i noted one time that the Arena system blocked 4 rockets originating from approximately the same area without the BMP turning. All other times it blocks about 3 before getting blown up smile_o.gif

It would appear from my reading that the Arena system should stop a maximum of 3 rockets (given the cross over firing range of the explosive charges) from any one particular source (please correct me if this is wrong). How exactly does the script work, does it differentiate based on the direction or is it random?

As i said, great work, ow and any news on whether you are making the 'scary toy'

As i said, great work, ow and any news on whether you are making the 'scary toy'

Is that a Tunguska?

Looks like it's on a T-80 chassis.

*edit* The Tunguskas turret (if thats what it's called, I'm not good with my tank terminology)

It's a BMP-T, see the old thread for discussion. Starts here and goes for a couple of pages.

From that thread 'It has twined 30mm canon, 2 AGS launchers and 4 “cornet†atgm. “Kornet†has 1200mm penetration power; it means it can destroy any vehicle in OFP with single missile'

Very nice addons. But maybe some things I would do differently to balance things a bit.

1) Radar for gunner for the tanks? It does not seem realistic and it practically gives too much advantage against even MBT's at long ranges (as mentioned before already)

2) The dispersion in heavy MG's seems to be too much in my opinion. Normally high caliber machineguns are very accurate at long ranges. Good tripods effectively remove the recoil of the guns adding to the accuracy of the weapons

3) Firing rate of MG's and 23mm AA guns too low

About ARENA, you should simulate its own explosion (and smoke/dust -> you seem very competent for that smile_o.gif) when the enemy missile is destroyed, a kind of little explosion effect on the top of the system with a particular sound.

So we could understand that the missile has been intercepted and neutralized by a defensive explosion. With your current beta I thought missile was stopped by an invisible wall crazy_o.gif

A little bug, I've noticed it on BTR-80 : it's too heavy/powerfull, I mean I can drive and run inside a M113, BMP, Shilka, M2A2... and push them away at high speed!