Sign in to follow this  
ViperCheese

No color at night

At night time in flashpoint, buildings people and vehicles all appear in black and white when a light shines on them. I have resistance version 1.91. can anyone help.

When using my Geforce2 I had colour at night, basically it just looked like daytime with reduced lighting.

With a Geforce4, or another recent video card it treats night different and shows the scene more washed out and grey, as the human eye reacts this way to night time. It is supposed to be a realistic effect, it is not a bug.

edit- Damn your lightning speed blackdog :P

At night time in flashpoint, buildings people and vehicles all appear in black and white when a light shines on them. I have resistance version 1.91. can anyone help.

Why do so many people think that is a bug? I think it looks great, specialy with a clear sky and full moon, anyway i think you only get the grayish look running opf with ht&l enabled, or am i wrong rock.gif .

That FAQ has reminded me of rock.gif??? does Dallas.So many people have hit that.

ON TOPIC

Ive always wondered if it was just me.But I feel better now know that Im not alone in the dark.

I knew about the different graphic settings at night, but what i'd like to know is why the nv goggles sometimes make a clear green picture and sometimes produce "green noise" and if there is a way to always get the clear green view.

I knew about the different graphic settings at night, but what i'd like to know is why the nv goggles sometimes make a clear green picture and sometimes produce "green noise" and if there is a way to always get the clear green view.

The only clear green NVGs I know of are those that were introduced by a mod.

If I'm not mistaken, the FDF mod's NVGs are a clearer green night image than the game's originals.

Happens with the original nv goggles. Sometimes even in one and the same mission, eg when the rpg soldier next to me fires the picture gets clear, after that it gets noisy again. Happens for other players too, i confirmed that on teamspeak. I thought it had something to do with the level of darkness, but that seemed not correct in all cases sad_o.gif

Normally it should be clearer how deeper the night is!

Tried in morning hours at 5:00am and its very noisy. Trying at 1:00 or 2:00am brings a nearly clear screen. Remember that this thing also depends on small lights like streetlamps or rocket fires. This goggles are rest light catalysts so if the sky is clear and the night is dark you got the best result! If the sky is very cloudy so no moon light is coming down the result is bad!

You say "when a light shines in them". I´ve been playing at night and yes, it´s a gray-world, but when I try to make ruskie truck stop (only for friendly purposes hehe) I see my soldier´s uniform green.

I think that´s not a bug. But if you see it gray even if the light "hits" directly maybe something is not working.

Try to play all your missions during the day, and put your sunglasses if you want a night-experience wink_o.gif

Is there anyway to turn this setting off? im running a geforce fx5200, and I want this 'realism setting' gone! Can i somehow adjust a video card option or a patch or something?

Also, i have the same problem that at night, even in light, im still grey.

http://members.rogers.com/mackattack/images/stupidnight.jpg

http://members.rogers.com/mackattack/images/goodday.jpg

Why do so many people think that is a bug? I think it looks great, specialy with a clear sky and full moon, anyway i think you only get the grayish look running opf with ht&l enabled, or am i wrong rock.gif .

Tried it with no t/l but its still grey... i agree this is a realistic effect but its unfair that some people get it and others dont, because on the comptetitve level it puts you at a disadvantage

Is there anyway to turn this setting off? im running a geforce fx5200, and I want this 'realism setting' gone! Can i somehow adjust a video card option or a patch or something?

Also, i have the same problem that at night, even in light, im still grey.

http://members.rogers.com/mackattack/images/stupidnight.jpg

http://members.rogers.com/mackattack/images/goodday.jpg

Sorry dude, your cones are just not working in dim light, and your rods are only seeing black and white.

(Just a scientific explanation of this excellent OFP-feature wink_o.gif )

The grey nights was the first thing I noticed with resistance that I didnt like.

Does anybody know where you can change that? And by that I mean config.bin or any other file of ofp. I will change that!!

Maybe  look in you graphics card settings for an option called Pixel Shaders.  If there is one, turn it off.  I have no clue whether or not that would be something you could change, its worth a shot.  While it may be somewhat realistic, IMO its significantly over done.

I'm not sure if it can be done on any cards, just a guess. Would the GF2 even have pixel shaders though? Its kind of an old card.

@DiabloTerror  Its supposed to be B&W at night. But there is alot of people disliking it, inkluding me.

I think that it is ok because its realistic, thats the way the human eye sees it when its dark.

BUT its not realistic when there is lightsources, then it shouldnt be so grey!  

So if BIS cant make the OFP-worlds color to show when they are lit up during night they shouldnt use this feature. The positive effect are so small in comparison to the negative. When I played OFP at first I loved when the landscape where lit up by rockets, flares or headlights. But then I bought resistance and a GF4 and the villages and landscape was grey at night...

I dont like that. Its not realistic.

The only clear green NVGs I know of are those that were introduced by a mod.

If I'm not mistaken, the FDF mod's NVGs are a clearer green night image than the game's originals.

We did not modify NVG noise textures in FDFMod, as that would need modifying original data files or rebuilding new data.pbo like Kegetys' high resolution sky textures mod.

I think this "feature" is good, and keeping it "greyish"