Sign in to follow this  
Milkman

Military buggy released!

Pretty nice smile_o.gif. Some suggestions:

Maybe change the machine gun on the west ones to a M-240 or M-249, the default Mgun, boring IMHO

Secondly, the unarmed version on Resistance, still has the model of the machine gun on it(it has no ammo or weapons, but the model is still there).

Thirdly, a west one with a Mk-19, would be really cool

And lastly, maybe make an enlarged cargo version that can carry 3 or so people in addition to driver and gunner.

smile_o.gif

wow_o.gif Damn, I completely forgot that I added the unarmed version crazy_o.gif Well, too late to remove the MG now tounge_o.gif (at least for the first release).

About the parachute scrip: I did not include it within the PBO because you wouldn't be able to change the drop hight anymore. But I have an idea now. Instead of writing the heigth into the script, I could write a variable name, and the variable would be set in the init line of the addon in the editor.

Maybe I'll include the script in case that I update the buggy.

PSC blues.gif

P.S.: If someone makes a better script for the parachute drop (basically a smoother landing), I'd be grateful.

P.P.S.: I wanted to add a script that unflips the buggy, but only if the buggy is flipped upside down, and the driver is not inside. In other words, you'd have to get out to unflip it (which is more realistic). I had no idea on how to archive that though, so I canceled it.

wow_o.gif Damn, I completely forgot that I added the unarmed version crazy_o.gif Well, too late to remove the MG now tounge_o.gif (at least for the first release).

About the parachute scrip: I did not include it within the PBO because you wouldn't be able to change the drop hight anymore. But I have an idea now. Instead of writing the heigth into the script, I could write a variable name, and the variable would be set in the init line of the addon in the editor.

Maybe I'll include the script in case that I update the buggy.

PSC blues.gif

P.S.: If someone makes a better script for the parachute drop (basically a smoother landing), I'd be grateful.

P.P.S.: I wanted to add a script that unflips the buggy, but only if the buggy is flipped upside down, and the driver is not inside. In other words, you'd have to get out to unflip it (which is more realistic). I had no idea on how to archive that though, so I canceled it.

Nice to hear that smile_o.gif

I kinda liked the "rough landing" gave me a sense of realism. And the para script is very nice overall. The whole addon is very nice, but I am gonna have a shot at the .MSI version and see if it fixes the bugs. Good job man smile_o.gif

I fixed the texture bugs in both the ZIP and MSI version.

PSC blues.gif

Nice work! Looks really great...the rotating fan is just icing on the cake and the type of little detail that can really make an addon stand out!

A couple of items...the "back-fire" shows only a white box flash...blackdog says its supposed to be fire-like...in testing, it seems that the flame texture MIGHT be trying to read from the original civlian dune buggy textures rather than from the military version...so if one doesnt have the orignals the texture fails. This was with the ZIP version of the addon downloaded from the official dunebuggy site.

The spec ops dunebuggy has no backfire what so ever.

Excellent Addon!

The spec ops dunebuggy has no backfire what so ever.

That's a feature mate. You don't want to make noisy flashlights in the night while on a covert mission, do you? And the SpecOps Buggy is also a bit slower because of that. That's a feature that was announced. So it works as intended.

But I have to agree. Exellent Addon.

Just one thing. I don't like the auto-eject feature on vehicles when a passenger gets shot. I would like it better if he would die in his seat.

That's a feature that was announced. So it works as intended.

Oops...sorry!

A couple of items...the "back-fire" shows only a white box flash...blackdog says its supposed to be fire-like...in testing, it seems that the flame texture MIGHT be trying to read from the original civlian dune buggy textures rather than from the military version...

Thanks for the hint. I checked the texture prefixes of the flames, but they seemes to be correct. Also I tested this ingame (removed the civilian buggy from my addons folder). But still everything worked fine. No missing textures on my combuter. I can't reproduce the error.

PSC blues.gif

PSC, could you tell us what the correct name is for the GL magazines and other weapons? This informatin seems missing in the README.TXT.

Thanks again!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Excellent vehicle PSC  biggrin_o.gif

Got a few minor details too point out though:

1. West doesn't have a GL version. IRL the yanks have a  Light Strike Vehicle (very much similar to this buggy) armed with a GL.

2. Unfortunately it's not compatible with BAS MH47. Would be excellent if this feature could be implemented (with BAS permission of course). Would rather load one of these babes into the back of a chopper than the Jeep with MG wink_o.gif

Apart from that, outstanding work PSC  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] I checked the texture prefixes of the flames, but they seemes to be correct. Also I tested this ingame (removed the civilian buggy from my addons folder). But still everything worked fine. No missing textures on my combuter. I can't reproduce the error.

sad_o.gif damn...I wonder why the flames arent showing for me...maybe its because I have it in my RES/ADDONS folder? Ill try and move it this evening and see if theres a difference. I would't have even known anything was wrong if blackdog had not told me that the white flashes from the exhaust were supposed to be flames. I tried to take screenshots, but it flashes so fast its damn near impossible to capture it on screen.

2 PSC

What about all those skins you posted in the SDK section of the site? How can they be accessed?

Is there a way to give it more power to climb hills with out giving it more speed?

2 PSC

What about all those skins you posted in the SDK section of the site? How can they be accessed?

With the setObjectTexture command. Place a dune buggy unit on the map and unload the default skin it has with the following command (in the init line):

<span style='color:red'>customPanelling = true;</span>

Now use the setObjectTexture to assign a new texture. I. e.:

<span style='color:red'>this setObjectTexture [0, "\Buggy2\Tex\FIA04.pac"];</span>

for the FIA 2 Color Savannah Pattern.

Is there a way to give it more power to climb hills with out giving it more speed?

I tried this once with a script (similar to the turbo script of the civilian version) but it didn't work. So I abandoned the idea.

PSC blues.gif

sad_o.gif damn...I wonder why the flames arent showing for me...maybe its because I have it in my RES/ADDONS folder? Ill try and move it this evening and see if theres a difference. I would't have even known anything was wrong if blackdog had not told me that the white flashes from the exhaust were supposed to be flames. I tried to take screenshots, but it flashes so fast its damn near impossible to capture it on screen.

Oh well, the flames are supposed to look like this:

flames.jpg

PSC blues.gif

I am very impressed, never thought I could see some thing as well detailed.

Sorry to say though has a few bugs:

1> In the inside view the front wheels do not rotate.

2> Get a few missing .pac files error messages with the military buggy addon.

Other wise good job done. biggrin_o.gif

Oh, read some of he other posts. All explained now (just getting used to the board)