Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Swedish foreign minister attacked

Correct me if I´m wrong, but didn´t his criminal record consist of non-violent crimes? Last time he was arrested, he was involved in a bookkeeping scam or something...

And don´t just assume he´s the murderer...

The court ruled the arrest in the prosecutors favour, he will stay in jail for a week or so.

It was sort of symblic. The judge who did the ruling is called Krister Pettersson.

BM

Theft, vandalism, shoplifting, burgerly, violence & threat against police officer, violent opposition against police, knife crimes. To name a few of what he has been arrested for.

The court ruled the arrest in the prosecutors favour, he will stay in jail for a week or so.

It was sort of symblic. The judge who did the ruling is called Krister Pettersson.

BM

Ironic I'd say smile_o.gif

As far as I understand, he has been charged under the vaguest terms possible "skälig misstanke" (translates to something like "suspected for good reason". This is the mildest for of arrest and they can only keep him locked up for a week.

This means that there is not enough evidence which in turn probably means that the DNA samples were a dead end.

Reasonable suspicion or something like that.

But as they didn't have to release him today, they probably still have something.

Theft, vandalism, shoplifting, burgerly, violence & threat against police officer, violent opposition against police, knife crimes. To name a few of what he has been arrested for.

Damn SVT Text! biggrin_o.gif

Damn SVT Text!   biggrin_o.gif

DN.se wink_o.gif

They've released the 35-year old suspected for the Anna Lindh killing. The police will give a press conference soon.

Also, rumors say that they have another suspect in custody.

Yeah. I'll bet there will be some record compensations for this. His life is pretty much ruined now.

I wish newspapers were a bit more cautious on releasing images and info before the actual conviction (like I wrote before). He may be a bastard but he has actually served his punishments.

BM

Expressen is saying that they'll probably keep him arrested as they during their investigation discovered another crime he comitted.

As for compensation, I'm not so sure. Sweden is notoriously cheap when it comes to such compensations. Just look at Christer Petterson. Does he look to you like a rich man today? rock.gif

This is of course general news but they apparently got a new one. This time I hope they keep it secret until they have more solid evidence.

C.P got some nice sums from TV3 though but he must have drunk them up or something.

BM

Just last friday I was at my friends house, and guess what? The cops had been there just before I came enquiring about their live-in, apparently he is involved in the murder investigation is some way. All I know about that guy is that he served in Bosnia and former Yugoslavia (as a KFOR soldier, or U.N soldier. Not sure, I forgot since our little talk last year)

Overall very weird.

DN says the police are sure that the latest arrest, the 25-year-old, is the killer. But I don't think they said that on the press conference.

Here's an article in English:

A new arrest has been made

are they gonna arrest everyone that has long brown hair  rock.gif

Damn, I need a haircut then.

Well I have the best possible alibi, I was posting here so I'm as clear as one gets.

BM

Latest I heard was that they had finally caught the bastard. Seems his DNA matched hairs found at the murder scene.

Hope they finally got the right one

Yeah but again; He isnt convicted yet by a long shot.

Hopefully the lessons have been learned.

BM

Here is some more info in Swedish about the guy.

What I get pissed off about is the understanding half-apologetic tone when such criminals are described in Swedish media. His life story is that as a kid he was taken from Sweden to Yugoslavia for a couple of years and then back and that this was very disruptive for him. He isolated himself in school and made few friends. His former classmates describe him as a "kind easy-going person". He dropped out of high-school and got into a fight with his father who he stabbed. After that it went downhill and he started on a life of crime. He was caught a couple of times etc etc His friends describe him as an "intelligent and artistic soul"....

.... I mean, who gives a fuck?. He is not the victim here, I'm not interested in his bloody biography.

Always the same crap in our media. I remember a couple of years ago when a Swedish officer (Mattias Flink, remember him?) took a stroll down town with a ak5 assault rifle and started shooting people.

And what did the media have to say? "Poor guy", "How terrible his parents must feel" etc etc crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

.... I mean, who gives a fuck?. He is not the victim here, I'm not interested in his bloody biography.

Always the same crap in our media. I remember a couple of years ago when a Swedish officer (Mattias Flink, remember him?) took a stroll down town with a ak5 assault rifle and started shooting people.

And what did the media have to say? "Poor guy", "How terrible his parents must feel" etc etc crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

Frustrating, no? That's the kind of thing that a supposedly enlightened, liberal, humanist culture encourages- unfortunately.

@ Sep. 25 2003,19:08)]Frustrating, no? That's the kind of thing that a supposedly enlightened, liberal, humanist culture encourages- unfortunately.

Damn, I'm starting to sound like you, arn't I?  crazy_o.gif

I do believe that those things are relevant, and I do believe that his upbringing blah blah had a lot to do with his actions. I do however also believe that while you take that into account, you also have to take into account his free will and his choice to kill a mother of two. And my sympathy now covers her family's loss, not his troubled upbringing. I'm sure there are lessons to be learned from his tragic past but frankly that past was not that tragic. And the media focuses on trivialities to an absurd point.

Edit: Well, my statement above isn't apparently quite true. He was psychically ill and took about 15 forms of different medication simultaneously. He also repeatedly asked for psyhiatric help but our wonderful system that believes that lunatics should not be instutionalized because it's inhumane didn't help him. So that does assign some blame to the society. In his condition, he should have never been allowed to entirely be loose in the society.

Yeah it was so much better in the Middle Ages where you could use a cudgel on anyone who looked vaguelly suspicious (or just stood in your way if you were a noble).

Good old days indeed where rape, murder and assault was an everyday event which didn't really attract much news.

Nah. I think I'll keep the system we have now smile_o.gif.

From some of the comments here it sounds like the system in Third Reich, China or old CCCP was preferable where you could get arrested anywhere for anything without any reason at all. Your basic defence option consists of "Guilty as charged, sign here". Is that the optimal justice system?

As for "liberal" media doing a profile on the offender. What's so strange about that? As far as I know that's what the police does too. Some with more indepht thought capacity might be interested in what lead him to where he is today and of course to the actual crime. Might help prevent similar situations in the future (for those interested in the matter that is).

BM