Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Swedish foreign minister attacked

Yeah true. My guess is 10-20 years. I was pretty sure that he was a nutcase. So im a bit suprised that they totally rejected his story.

Quote[/b] ]I don`t want to sound cynical but with those penalties in Scandinavia one can actually soon think it might be " worth "

killing someone .

Thats not cynical, thats fact. We have had several cases where people have murdered others for the pure reason of ending up in jail.

Some because its better in jail than being a poor SOB in an under developed country.

Others because jail is the only stable point in their life.

Others still because jail is a good place to make contacts. And with the system being as it is, you can still do crime on your outings from jail. Its a win - win situation. If you are a loser that is ; )

Yeah true. My guess is 10-20 years. I was pretty sure that he was a nutcase. So im a bit suprised that they totally rejected his story.

Yeah, me too. Since he had a history of serious mental illness, I thought that he'd end up in a mental ward.

There is however a difference between how nutcases are covered in a court. Apparently you can be a complete nutcase and still go to jail, if you at the time of the crime was aware that what you did was a crime and that there would be consequences.

Since he'll be getting out sometime then perhaps it would have been better had he gotten mental treatment as he would be less dangerous when he got out. Oh, well, I don't know. I didn't follow the trial.

This is one of the few cases where I support the death penalty, because there is no way as far as I can see that this guy will ever be rehabilitated.

Had I seen him on the day she was murdered, I would have killed him myself. Now, I can't say I care too much. I don't see anything good coming from killing him. We condemn him for murder, so where's the logic of having blood on our hands?

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, he's a nutcase that I don't want on the streets, but perhaps with mental rehabilitation and the right medication he would be pretty harmless..

Quote[/b] ]Yep. That means he will have his first vacation in a couple of months and be released in about 10 - 12 for good behaviour.

Ouch. What kind of justice system is that? Prisoners actually get 'vacations'? Are you joking?

'Life' in prison should mean life, not 10, 20, or 30 years, but life! As in: the only way you are leaving this prison will be in a pine box. It just isn't fair that the victims of murder get to spend eternity in the ground while their murderers go free after spending a couple years in a cushy jail cell.

I am a firm beleiver in the death penalty, where there is irrefutable evidence to back it up. How much does it cost the taxpayers to support and feed a prisoner for the duration of his life? Alot. A 9mm bullet costs, what? 40 cents?

Tyler

Ouch. What kind of justice system is that? Prisoners actually get 'vacations'? Are you joking?

Not at all, they get unsupervised vacations crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]'Life' in prison should mean life, not 10, 20, or 30 years, but life!

I agree. There is however a debate now in Sweden, where 'life in prison' means 10-20 years, to completey remove that punishment. They say that it's inhumane..

There is however a debate now in Sweden, where 'life in prison' means 10-20 years, to completey remove that punishment. They say that it's inhumane..

Got an url?

I agree. There is however a debate now in Sweden, where 'life in prison' means 10-20 years, to completey remove that punishment. They say that it's inhumane..

Sweden is totally becoming a free-country, yay biggrin_o.gif

It might just be that having a record is bad enough a punishment, you can't ever have your former life back, if you indeed had any. Since there are cases where someone might have had one, this mild punishment is appropriate. There's nothing like a lifetime trying to survive in poverty in a civilized country. And being a well known murderer. This Ibrahim fella won't survive even a quarter of the length of his sentence once free unless he hooks up with the old way of life. I remember hearing he lived quite large. So the short sentence might be only harmful to society.

That's the rational me speaking. I've heard the saying 'old familiarity of the cops' too often though, so it's just silly how the criminals get caught time after time. And I'm sure this short penalty tradition wont change anytime soon, so any whinge can be thrown right into the gutter.

Sry, ment to say Mijailo, but God knows what an awful task it is to remember a name like that. Been too busy to even continue browsing this forum regularly for the past month. Let alone catch on little details like that. Now I got a lil break before it steamrolls me again, but still my point holds; having a record is the same as being unemployed for years here in Finland, atleast near. The only thing is, this guy did say that a voice guided him? Perhaps his lawyer was that voice that told him that a voice did so. If not, then I'd go for a huge penalty. But since that can't be ever proven, drastical changes need to be done to determine appropriate punishment.