Sign in to follow this  
waffendennis

Bhd-leavenoone final

Finaly the Final version and its good:

Read this before D/L:

This island is not a true representation of mogadisu, but it is as close as i can get with out rebuilding the island from scratch. The reason for this is when i started the project, i was very inexperienced to island building in OFP and did not know where to start looking for information.

The island has a working airport, with very big hangers.

There are two small villages on the way to the city.

70% of the buildings are enterable and are in a seperate pbo file, so wrp editors can use them in there maps, With out the need of my island.

All entry buildings have A.I. routes, some buildings have ladders and stairs the buildings pbo file is named BHD_houses.pbo

The city, village 1 , village 2 and the us base, have lights. landscapes have now been altered.

And some images:

BHDfinal6s.jpg

BHDfinal5s.jpg

BHDfinal4s.jpg

BHDfinal3s.jpg

BHDfinal2s.jpg

BHDfinal1s.jpg

And then the download:

DOWNLOAD - BHD-LeaveNoOne Final [7,26 Mb]

Source:

OfP.iNfO

I just tried it and indeed it's a beautiful map, but it has way too many buildings that you can enter in and thus it lags like hell. For that reason unless you have a very fast computer, it's very difficult to make a good BHD mission with this map. I've been using the older Somalia map that somebody else released awhile back. Even though it's definitely inferior to this one, it doesn't lag as much and still has a few nice streets and stuff for good urban combat.

If the creator of this map is reading this, I would recommend that he make ALOT more of the buildings in the city into lower polygon buildings while perhaps decreasing the size of the city a little bit to see if that helps reduce lag.

But maybe when I get a new graphics card I'll be able to use this map.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I concur its a beautiful map but all that effort is wasted if a quite ninja PC like mine can't run it without lag.

Yeah, the map is awesome, but I think all of the enterable buildings except like 1-2 should be closed, when theyh are enterable it adds quite a lot of polys. ALl of the huts at the outskirts should not be enterable, when I view that area my comouter lags like hell.

Its a beautifull map which must have caused the creator some serious insomnia.

I'm on a P4-2,66 with 1Gig mem and radeon 9700pro and it lags way too much to even think about a serious mission on it.

This is such a shame.

Imho its absolutely unnesecarry to represent Mogadishu on this scale of realisme, simply cause the ofp-engine can't cope with it.

I'd recommend maybe increasing the city's space but definantly decreasing the buildings ratio per square someting (inch/lol).

The feeling of being there should sufficy...thats exactly what the other Mogadishu map does and its enough for now.

In the end its all about how many human players you can pitch against a -as large as possible- number of AI players in this kind of urban-combat maps (coop) and the current map only limits that goal.

A big city is more or less a must-have but personally I dont give that much about super building density.

Just my two cents.

Still, a great map, I hope it will keep being improved.

Can I suggest developing sections of city similar to the way forests work. Have clumps of 4-8 buildings which simplify down to a couple of polys total at a reasonable distance. i think forests reduce down to 5 polys.

I liked the last version better. Why do the shanty houses look like something from suburban USA? rock.gif

Sorry, but IMHO it looks...laughable. tounge_o.gif

And it lags a lot, maybe less enterable buildings?

And why not reduce the map size (I don´t know much about map editing but bear with me), there´s a lot of empty, flat space on the map as it is.

Otherwise, great work, and I hope you will continue updating it since this is the best BHD map I have ever played! Thanks! smile_o.gif

I actually like the big flat empty spaces. It makes the map nice for simulating Iraqi missions since nobody has released a decent Iraqi map yet. But I haven't experimented yet to see if it will lag in the open areas when you put alot of units in it.

I can actually still make missions in the city on this map, but I just have to use very few units. No company size heli-borne assaults against hordes of Somali gunmen on this map. sad_o.gif

But fine for special ops hostage rescue missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Its almost scary if you try to walk in mogadishu, the woods of Nogova were even easier to navigate. ghostface.gif

I really really really like this map...but it does lag to the point of pointlessness...IF... there is a way to tweak the settings in preferences to run this map fluidly...I certainly would like to know. This map has soooo much potential. it feels like africa..ya almost expect to see some lions or hyenas while flying over the desert areas...anyone have any tips for tweaking this map to gain some frame rates??

I like the map!

But:

If you destroy the big buildings their roof turns white.

Maybe reduce some lag by changing some buildings to simpler houses and that would also give the city a less "homogenic" look (from above...)

I just drop the viewdistance to 300 or 400 whenever i make a mission in the city. as long as you aren't out in the open, you can't see much farther than that in the city anyway.

BTW, urban combat w/ tanks is a bitch crazy_o.gif

i like the map ok it lags a bit but good for specops missions

only thing i realy noticed is the bad guys shoot you straight trough a wal of a house ??

(example.. my spec ops dude was hiding in a building for a patrol of enemy dudes he was flat on the ground they could not have seen him but yet they did en shot him his brains out sad_o.gif )

True, but that's because "working" airports (meaning airports where the AI pilots can take off and land from) only work if they are running from North to South. If I remember correctly the real airport near Mogadishu ran East to West. So basically where it is at on this map is probably the only place he could put it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>