Sign in to follow this  
Akira

Wtc steel to be in new navy ship

What's wrong with that, I think it's a nice way to kind of keep the spirit of the WTC towers alive - I mean in a way similare to when you spread the ashes of your corpse. Unless USS New York gets sunk.

Another nice thing would be to use some steel from the towers when making the new buildings.

Wouldnt be suprised if they even paint "Payback" on the hull of the ship....

pay%20back.jpg

pay%20back.jpg

Dear god.. crazy_o.gif

Juses is that real?(as i know it is very possible for americans, they do all kinds of madness things when they drunk....................)

BTW what is the class of USS New York

http://hometown.aol.com/investigativegrp/images/pay%20back.jpg

pay%20back.jpg

Besides the text it is a wonderful example of kitsch that is so common in propaganda. The illustrative "art" that Jehovah's witnesses use spring to mind.

paradise.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Unless USS New York gets sunk.

Hehe, yes, that is a risk. The Germans experienced that problem in WW2 when the battleship Deutschland was badly damaged by the British. They soon changed the name to "Lutzov" smile_o.gif

Yes, it did so well dealing with passenger jets- now let's see how it holds up against cruise missiles! icon8.gif

Big deal,they`re just using scrap metal.

i`m not bothered about it unless they make up stupid storys like "WTC SHIP OF ARAB DEATH !!"

proposedussnewyork.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

The brand new assault craft with a capability of carrying around 800 marines and equipment is to be named the U.S.S. New York, in tribute to the almost 2,800 people who died in the attacks of September 11 2001.

The steel is set to be shipped to Northrop's shipyard in Pascagoula, Mississippi, for construction to begin in the middle of next year. The 684-foot ship should be ready for service in 2007. The ship will have the motto "Never Forget".

The recycled steel from the Twin Towers, if it meets quality standards, will be used to form the ship's "stem bar". That is part of the ship's bow, where the vessel cuts the water.

The projected 12 San Antonio (LPD-17)-class amphibious assault ships are the Navy's top expeditionary warfare priority. The USS New York will be LPD-21.

Operating forward, from the sea, America's Amphibious Ready Groups (ARGs) and their Marine Expeditionary Units (Special Operations Capable) [MEU (SOC)s] are multimission crisis-response "tools." They are a mix of highly-mobile air and ground firepower with self-sustainable forces, that can quickly project compelling power, withdraw rapidly, and then reconstitute to re-deploy for follow-on missions. The LPD-17 class will be a fulcrum for future naval expeditionary operations.

The San Antonio class is being designed and built to fight. Its warfighting capabilities include a state-of-the-art command and control suite, substantially increased vehicle lift capacity, a large flight deck, and advanced ship survivability features that enhance its ability to operate in the unforgiving littoral environment. The deployment of LPD-17s will provide each naval expeditionary force with greatly enhanced operational flexibility. The LPD-17 can operate as part of an Amphibious Task Force - the "workhorse" of a three-ship ARG - organized to accomplish a broad range of military objectives; or as an element of a "Split-ARG" that has the LPD-17 detached and operating as a single ship, supporting lower-risk operations.

A least it won't be too gung ho 'Never Forget' is pretty neutral, not likely to cause offence.

I see no problem with this. I mean they got the metal from a scrap yard. So it was probably going to be used for another building or something. I wouldn't mind them using it in the ship.

@ Sep. 09 2003,16:20)]There's nothing wrong with it per se, but to me it seems a little melodramatic.

It could also be seen as the opposite. Some people will probably think "oh my! how could they be so heartless as to take that tragedy and use it to build boats! not monuments, not reminders, but boats!"

I think it is a fine idea. It's practical, respectful, and nonoffensive. It's rare when something like that comes out in the news smile_o.gif

crazy_o.gif

Whats so bad about having that on the back of a ship?

Because it looks like a rock concert poster. blues.gif

Damn cultural differences! I think it's rather great to have on the back of one hella' powerful ship. But hey, maybe that's just me.

*looks for Tex, Hellfish, or any American to back me up on this* tounge_o.gif

(Image size. My mistake)

You know, sometimes being subtle can be cool. A pinch of British under statement would do you well!

I like the "Payback's a Bitch" part, but the lame photoshopped eagle superimposed on a transparent American flag is so clichéd- can't our mindless, jingoistic flag-wavers think of anything more creative? Wait, nevermind; I think I answered my own question.

crazy_o.gif

I was commenting the whole image, not just the ship.

@ Sep. 10 2003,07:07)]I like the "Payback's a Bitch" part, but the lame photoshopped eagle superimposed on a transparent American flag is so clichéd- can't our mindless, jingoistic flag-wavers think of anything more creative? Wait, nevermind; I think I answered my own question.

biggrin_o.gif YEP, i think u have already answered your own question

Al-Qaida tried for years to blow the WTC up. They like symbolic attacks....so am I the only one thinking that this USS New York will be the ship that is most likely to be hit by a terrorist attack, similarly to USS Cole rock.gif

Al-Qaida tried for years to blow the WTC up. They like symbolic attacks....so am I the only one thinking that this USS New York will be the ship that is most likely to be hit by a terrorist attack, similarly to USS Cole rock.gif

..... I GOT IT !!! it's a plan to catch some terrorists , a bit like when you put cheese on a mousetrap ...... wait .... that's a big piece of cheese then tounge_o.gif