Sign in to follow this  
bonko the sane

Us-army sikorsky s-56

uollllllll nice job!!!!!!!! did not know this mod. when time is with the project?

add news in my website!! very nice addon!!

congratulations!

Aaaarg... I'm at school and can't test it out... but it looks extremely impressive. Perfect for Vietnam missions!!!

Can it carry vehicles? It would be a shame if it couldn't since it has that lovely opening front cargo door.

But even if it doesn't it looks beautiful and is one heck of an achievement and a wonderful surprise. smile_o.gif

I like the pic of Jimmy Hendrix in the cockpit also. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Well made, with animated clamshell and side doors.

But a curious choice for an addon; in service between 1953-1960. Will there be a mod to go with it?

Mojave.jpg

After more toying with these amazing helis (USAF + FIA versions) i cant seem to get a BOOM when the heli is destroyed,anyone else getting this problem?

And no it cant carry vehicles... sad_o.gif

But the FIA version has a maaad gun biggrin_o.gif

MOD? It belongs already to or an MOD or is it not that?

No specific purpose, apperently.

Nice though. I guess it's possible that one could end up in the hands of the Resistance.

ROFLMAO!!!

Just checked the Res version.

I WANT TWO!

biggrin_o.gif

Damn that is nice. Too bad my OFP:R is delayed another full week!! Could anyone post me a picture of the FIA version? It would be most appriciated (if none of the above are FIA of course wink_o.gif )

rofl !! the res version is  crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

here´s a pic:

hellomrah64.jpg

edit: np GoOB  wink_o.gif

A cannon inside the hull?! Hahaha I love this stuff. Looking great, can't wait to try this out!

Hehehe Cessna's beware!

EDIT: Thanks for the picture Mr.Burns smile_o.gif

nice model, but seems to have some quite lo-res textures with artefacts...

the cockpit windshields are invisible from the outside views and tainted from the inside, which looks a little weird.

and there's a few geometry/lod problems : watch the trees or houses disappear behind the helo when panning the view.

a little more work on it and a few correction and it should be a fairly good addon.

Edit: @LHO : H-37 was the US Army designation for that chopper... as far as i know

@ Sep. 08 2003,23:07)]nice model, but seems to have some quite lo-res textures with artefacts...

Hmm since I was, actually am (but slowly) making a uh-34 I know some difficulties with those choppers. They have some things in common. They are pretty big and have a lot of large round parts. it's a pain in the ass to make good textures since it's so damn hard to make seperate textures fit on round parts and prevent them beeing screwed up. So I tried to make those parts in one texture. But the parts are quite big and even 1024X1024 textures don't allow too many details and look low res then. And I don't want to go higher.

I'm still looking for the best solution. I'm eager to see how Tales of War solved it on their ch-34.

@tankieboy

Yes it was used at the beginning. But it was quite rare and replaced with the ch-53 later in the war.

But the I read some reports from pilots that said it flew very good, better than the ch-53.

EDIT

nice pic

That there's a weird lookin chopper(I'm talking about it IRL). Looks like a pretty neat addon smile_o.gif

Looking good. Its a weird chopper but all in all its great work!

only thing thats not so "good" is that the People get in and out at the back of the chopper..that makes the front cargo door useless is some kind.

Really nice, I've been waiting for one of these... now we just need an HH-43B Huskie to go with it...

This quality of textures and details will should be a standard for addons in OFP.

Very good addon smile_o.gif

I found some bugs on it... textures disappear and it turns white after a few hundred meters. Also when you load more then one squad, from the inside of the helicopter you can't see the second squad.

The third thing I noticed wasn't really a bug... it's just that I wish that the rotor sound could be a little more distinct. As it is now it sounds more like a truck as there is not much of a distict "thwop, thwop, thwop" kinda sound. If there was just a tiny bit more rotor sound that would be awesome.

Other then those things however, this helicopter addon kicks ass!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>