Sign in to follow this  
CanadianTerror

New ONS Canadian units out!

JAM would be a nice feature with this pack, but ONS weapons sounds are so damn good........... biggrin_o.gif

JAM has a standard sound don't it? that would ruin all the hard work for the excellent sounds in this pack, which i think are far better than most

If they are resistance (haven't tried them), then you can click the little sun in the mission editor and set the resistance to friendly to no one, everyone, west, or east.

Nah! They're on the west, but UN soldiers should be on Resistance... I reckon!

Why don't you just edit them yourself for individual missions, that way you'll have the option of using default resistance troops as an enemy for them

Ya it will be great when these units (and i think all future ones for OFP) gets covered by JAM and similar GLOBAL initiative standards ... crazy_o.gif

Great units, really high quality textures. I support to make the weapon pack JAM too. (and why not upgrade it a little at the same time?) smile_o.gif

Great pack, I love it. Too bad the vehicle download links were down on your site (the mission requires them) Very nice job indeed. I just love the textures on these guys.

But I have to agree on the weapon pack thing. The P225 looks like a glock in first person mode smile_o.gif

Okay, so a piece of frank and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism:

I think the weapons sounds suck.  sad_o.gif  That´s part of why I love JAM: Not only are they the same sounds for all AKs, for example, but they are researched and high quality sounds, leaving ONS mod free for other stuff like great units that they do so well. smile_o.gif

Edited: IMO.

Please help, I have found the Iltis pack and the CAF truck pack. But I can't seem to find whatever the "CAF_GWAGEN" is.

you guys have improved the all round look... but... us canadians have the new LBV's...well us in the reserves don't but all reg force units and I mean all of them now have them, and I get jacked up all the time when my BSM looks into my gasmask pouch and finds nothing but junk food. why dont they have them?

and why not put the UN troops in the resistance part?

Okay, so a piece of frank and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism:

The weapons sounds suck.  sad_o.gif  That´s part of why I love JAM: Not only are they the same sounds for all AKs, for example, but they are researched and high quality sounds, leaving ONS mod free for other stuff like great units that they do so well. smile_o.gif

No comment

About the LBVs:

We'll get there. . . we just haven't modelled the LBVs yet. These things take time, and quite frankly, we were getting tired of having Canadians with no pistol proxies and no Resistance compatibility.

Quote[/b] ]JAM would be a nice feature with this pack, but ONS weapons sounds are so damn good...........

That's an opinion. . . and it's an opinion that I like, because I agree.

Quote[/b] ]Okay, so a piece of frank and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism:

The weapons sounds suck.

That may be frank, but it's not constructive, and in light of the other quote which I agree with personally, I personally classify it also as *your* opinion. Express it, but don't present it as fact please.

Quote[/b] ] Okay, so a piece of frank and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism:

The weapons sounds suck.

Please post a link to these great new sounds that you would have ONS put in place of the said "sucky" sounds.

If you cant do this, then how are you being constructive?

Been using your Canadians for such a long time. Again, you impress me smile_o.gif

Question, though. While it's right for the Recce's to have a rucksack, wouldn't ordinary infanteer's have a small pack system? While I doubt missions will go longer than 10 minutes(considering that the packs are for 24 hours supply), I think it would be a nice touch for an campaign or at least sort of mission scenerio's(section stuck at the front lines without much reinforcements or releif for quite some time.) or just as an added visual improvement. About the rucksacks the recce units have: Are they supposed to be so large? Especially in a prone position, they seem to clip through the legs.

It's hard to see them, but did you also add the tactical vests as well to the infanteer's, or are they only for certain periods or situations?

I REALLY didn´t mean to offend and I´m sorry if you took it that way, so here´s a link to JAM. Joint Ammo and Magazines smile_o.gif

EDIT: And a guy can´t be faulted for thinking that a big modmaker would have heard of JAM if they have even once visited the forums in the past 6 months... wink_o.gif

Good to see you're mostly keeping it civil and discussing it like gentlemen smile_o.gif

I think the main problem was the choice of the word "sucks", I'm sure it was a more a "English not the first language" type misunderstanding smile_o.gif

Can you stop hi-jacking the thread at this point?  

wink_o.gif

About the packs, isn't it regulation or rule that all troops are required to have them during any operation?

Just when I thought the mod was dead, they come out and do this!

Friggin' excellent!

BTW: I've been isolated in CFB Petawawa for a few months, what the hell is this 'JAM' thing everyone is talking about?

Thanks for the info, a novel idea if you ask me. wink_o.gif

BTW, why on earth would you want the EME logo in your sig line? tounge_o.gif

BTW, why on earth would you want the EME logo in your sig line?  tounge_o.gif

My father served in EME. I don't see why I shouldn't feel compelled to put it in out of sheer patriotism and honour of my father.

As i dloaded the new vehicles (LAVIII and Bizon) i also got these units and im impressed,these are really good stuff biggrin_o.gif

I dunno if anyone noticed but the Erix (at least in veteran mode)doesnt lock,but u can guide it as in RL, using the optics to point the target...very cool feature.

I can only hope u guys will update the lacking shadows on some of the units smile_o.gif

As i dloaded the new vehicles (LAVIII and Bizon) i also got these units and im impressed,these are really good stuff  biggrin_o.gif

I dunno if anyone noticed but the Erix (at least in veteran mode)doesnt lock,but u can guide it as in RL, using the optics to point the target...very cool feature.

I can only hope u guys will update the lacking shadows on some of the units  smile_o.gif

Thanks Bonko, I worked hard on them. The Eryx is laser guided, it's not Heat seeking so you have to steer it, it does not lock. As far as shadows I have fixed this problem as well as a NV goggles bug but am waiting to see if there are anymore issues before releasing an update.