Sign in to follow this  
hardrock

Eurofighter typhoon screens

Hardrock is busy with real life now, so I'm sad to say that he can't work much right now on it.

The Eurofighter model is very straightforward; but this addon also depends heavily on the ACES-component (AirCraft Equipment Standard, something like JAM) where we recently found a crash in OFP with the weapon systems. ACES is a lot of scripting, modelling, texturing, researching and config-editing.

But we help each other with our planes, and you can expect a lot of features and some surprises, besides the Eurofighter and the Nighthawk.

Regarding the 90%: There were already some people in this forum who said, it's the last 10% that take the most time... wink_o.gif

(...)you can expect a lot of features and some surprises,

Like life vests for pilots? I hate do die every time I eject over water. I wish I had a life vest and a Pavehawk coming to pick me up every single time it happens... sad_o.gif

Hardrock is busy with real life now, so I'm sad to say that he can't work much right now on it.

The Eurofighter model is very straightforward; but this addon also depends heavily on the ACES-component (AirCraft Equipment Standard, something like JAM) where we recently found a crash in OFP with the weapon systems. ACES is a lot of scripting, modelling, texturing, researching and config-editing.

But we help each other with our planes, and you can expect a lot of features and some surprises, besides the Eurofighter and the Nighthawk.

Regarding the 90%: There were already some people in this forum who said, it's the last 10% that take the most time...  wink_o.gif

So we muss just wait for it as always patient is the key biggrin_o.gif

BTW:how is your project going vektorboson rock.gif

didyn't heard about it long time??

Like life vests for pilots? I hate do die every time I eject over water. I wish I had a life vest and a Pavehawk coming to pick me up every single time it happens...  sad_o.gif

As a soviet pilot??? tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

j/k biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]These actionmenu entries call another script (ILS.sqs):

Code Sample  

_plane=_this select 0

_carrier=_this select 1

_dir=_this select 2

_pos=_this select 3

?(_carrier==objNull) : goto "startILS"

Here some code to slow down and stop the carrier

#startILS

Here had to be the (individual) code that activates the ILS for the plane

?(Plane is landed) : speedup Carrier

so please addon makers give your comments to this idea

Will this work for AI pilots to?

I've already started working on an AI landing system for all types of aircraft, but if there is one nearly finished there is no need for me to waste my time.

Actually the ILS system is only for manual control, but with some scripting it could maybe be adapted so that AI could use it...

I'll think of this point and try to script it

Like life vests for pilots? I hate do die every time I eject over water. I wish I had a life vest and a Pavehawk coming to pick me up every single time it happens...  sad_o.gif

My Seahawk and Jayhawk pilots dont die when they eject on water and when you order them to board chopper again they board in but you must be real close to them wink_o.gif

Not in old version wait for new version will be aviable in about 1 week wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'll think of this point and try to script it

I'm already on it smile_o.gif Thats why I wanted to check. I should be able to land just about any plane, on anything.

I'm at the point of putting all the test scripts I wrote into a working example, and tidying up the loose ends like approach paths e.t.c

You thought it's dead?

Well . . . it isn't!

<span style='font-size:7.1pt;line-height:100%'>...anymore</span>

My (or better: our) site is back up with a new forum included, check it out at http://ofp.info/hardrock

Progress is going again, lets hope for a soon release smile_o.gif

That's great news. Im really looking forward to this.

Offtopic: Hardrock, I didn't know you were from Vienna, that's cool. I was there last summer. tounge_o.gif

Offtopic: Hardrock, I didn't know you were from Vienna, that's cool. I was there last summer. tounge_o.gif

Really? I hope you liked it smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:7.1pt;line-height:100%'>I hope placie is not around . . .</span>

Hehe, sounds great, alot of features that are going to be on my apache  biggrin_o.gif  would be interesting of they got into a battle with eachother, it would be a tough fight  tounge_o.gif

Keep up the work with this stuff guys its really looking good  biggrin_o.gif I like your idea of trying to make it like a flight sim. Hehe, if you want to see some very realistic combat helocopters with the same idea's behind it, you should take a look at the my apache pack addon biggrin_o.gif (sig)