Sign in to follow this  
Daan

Patriot launcher in progress

I'd be happy to combine efforts with BBE if they are up for it.

Approx Release Date: December, 2004 undecided.gifwink.gif

Hey leone... that looks like a NIKE (could be wrong..) but hey, with that missile system, our patriot and the BIS stinger, you could set up a pretty nice TRIAD defence system :P

Now, who's going to make a HAWK system? ;)

Its an SA-2 Guideline SAM i believe. The model looks great BBE smile_o.gif

Supah wins this round of "Guess the Weapon of Mass Destruction"! The model/textures are done..just need some scripting enhancements.... sad_o.gif

Is the entire SA-2 system going to be modelled, including targeting/tracking and altitude radars? Or just the launchers?

Would be nice (models/textures are easy enough...Fansong has model, but no textures yet), but unlikely since the amount of scripting/testing is large, the OFP bugs/workaround are annoying, and to be perfectly honest, no-one on our team has the exact skills to do it (or do it within 6 months). So it will be eyecandy I suspect...unless someone is willing to knowledge-share. But I suspect that ain't gonna happen... sad_o.gif

Here's a blast from the past. Anyone got this on their to-do list?

Looking stunning as useall jag, model looks good, textures!, well what can i say, im sure anouther top notch addon in the works form DKM thumbs-up.gif

Smiley

Much like the real thing....except this one works. biggrin_o.gif

Doesn't matter much anyway if it was in the works judging by the interest in this and other projects based on the true OFP themes, it seems most of the serious MILITARY simulation fans have all moved on to different games and now people seem to be interested in is Sci-fi crap and M4s and saying "wow that's great! omfg must download!" to 15 poly made-up weapons with textures made in paint.

No point in spending hours working on and releasing something when people will just say "ok but where are the lasers and the UBERchaingun omfg."

icon_rolleyes.gif

dude  notworthy.gif

OMFG Im going to say that but nothing about SF laser crapsors! Damn this thing is looking super uber elite! crazy_o.gif

I mean it really looks sharp and well made just like real life really.

Now... I do have some questions! wink_o.gif

Are you thinking about also making a truck to go infront of it? And then use the brilliant trailer addon as example for scripts and stuff? Or not make a truck because many countrys use different vehicles but the trailer is the same. But maybee like a premade script so it would be easy to make a truck for this addon?

Also are you going to make the radar that comes allong with a patriot batt? So you could operate these babies in groups? Somewhat like the uplink script in the tunguska?

will it fit inside teh C-130!  wink_o.gif

Thank you for keeping the OFP realisme nuts happy!  yay.gif

Goes off to run arround the house a few times!

it seems most of the serious MILITARY simulation fans have all moved on to different games and now people seem to be interested in is Sci-fi crap and M4s and saying "wow that's great! omfg must download!" to 15 poly made-up weapons with textures made in paint.

Don't generalise the community please whistle.gif

But you are right, more sci-fi mods than realistic ones lately confused_o.gifpistols.gif

Great work as usual Jaguar notworthy.gif

Hi,

The Patriot launcher looks great. Might you consider adding some Dutch markings to any Patriot addon as well, as you have with your very promising C130?

Keep up the good work,

Sander

Patriot and the OFP game engine = perfect match  rofl.gif But on a slightly more serious note to DKM Jaguar; i appreciate realistic addons and not scifi stuff so don't feel like your work would ever be undervalued dude. That goes for the rest of you realistic addon makers too. Keep it up guys  thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Patriot and the OFP game engine = perfect match

I'm not sure if this was an attempt at sarcasm, but there's no reason why the flashpoint engine can't handle the patriot... unless you're refering to its engagement range in r/l... then its just a case of damping down the effectivness to work with flashpoint.

Unfortunatly "scaling" the ranges etc of missile systems in OFP is a must for realism, there's no way you can have them knocking things out of the sky from 20 miles away.

Really this is just a standard SAM system, there's nothing special about it.

I have a HEMTT model for the "tractor" (although the system must be static as wheeled vehicles and missiles don't match well, and I'm not clever enough to work out the MCAR stuff.) which is from the BAS desert pack and will be retextured by me. Does anyone have pictures of the specific type of HEMTT used to tow the patriot? There's almost none that I can find.

This project is a very low priority, it comes after everything else, the C-130s and ADATS (which will see release shortly) and all my other work for other mods.

However, it will be a large pack with all the support vehicles such as radar and command vehicles, as well as a small CUCV pack, IF released.

it seems most of the serious MILITARY simulation fans have all moved on to different games and now people seem to be interested in is Sci-fi crap and M4s and saying "wow that's great! omfg must download!" to 15 poly made-up weapons with textures made in paint.

Don't generalise the community please whistle.gif but you are right, more sci-fi mods than realistic ones lately confused_o.gifpistols.gif

Because the two of you don't like the OFP engine this does not mean sci-fi stuff shouln't be made for it.

People could make a fucking my little ponies mod for ofp and I would play it, why? it's different from all the hardcore military stuff i've been playing with for four years. Don't get me wrong, I love the military, but I also love an new experience. and "original" mods give me that.

Quite personally I do not see your problem. Lega warz was hysterical, the zombie mod gave for some unusual gameplay, if people dont want to play is because it's not realistic then that's just a case of them being narrow-minded, or a different preference.

Make a list of all the country's in OFP, then make a list of how many sci-fi mods have been released. I don't see your problem... at all.... wink_o.gif

The ofp engine offers freedom and versitality like no other, why use it only for ANOTHER set of soldiers, but with different camo? huh.gif

Don't generalise the community please whistle.gif but you are right, more sci-fi mods than realistic ones lately confused_o.gifpistols.gif

Because the two of you don't like the OFP engine this does not mean sci-fi stuff shouln't be made for it.

People could make a fucking my little ponies mod for ofp and I would play it, why? it's different from all the hardcore military stuff i've been playing with for four years. Don't get me wrong, I love the military, but I also love an new experience. and "original" mods give me that.

Quite personally I do not see your problem. Lega warz was hysterical, the zombie mod gave for some unusual gameplay, if people dont want to play is because it's not realistic then that's just a case of them being narrow-minded, or a different preference.

Make a list of all the country's in OFP, then make a list of how many sci-fi mods have been released. I don't see your problem... at all.... wink_o.gif

The ofp engine offers freedom and versitality like no other, why use it only for ANOTHER set of soldiers, but with different camo?

I only said there was no point in releasing military-based addons when the fanbase does not want it, that's all. Sci fi is not my interest, I'll not appologise to anyone for saying so. At no point did I try to discourage any sci-fi mods, or tell anyone to stop making their addons.

Roll on Armed Assault. icon_rolleyes.gif

Jag: You can find some good "walk-around" pictures of the M983 on prime protal:

M983 walk-around

And on military photos i found this blueprint:

M983 blueprint (again from prime portal's database)

Hope this helps.