Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Quote[/b] ]PR is being somewhat constructive.

BAS doesn't need any PR, they aren't selling anything, so they lose nothing if people think they're gone.

Quote[/b] ]agree. It leads nowhere. I'd rather talk business.

But unless you actually have been on a mod team, you don't know much about what "business" is like. Releases are very rare, most of the time is spent developing, bug-checking, finding dug-in bugs, etc... In the case of very advanced addon-making like BAS does, a single screw-up could mean many hours spent rooting out the cause and fixing it. There was no evidence for saying that their team was dying, in fact the longer a group like BAS stays quiet, the better and more bug-free the stuff they develop. BAS likes to release almost bugless addons, which is much better than rapidly releasing bug-laden addons which people throw into the trash.

Quote[/b] ]I never wanted or needed to be a mod maker or addon maker.

Good for you, you'll save many more hours of your life for other things. But that means that you've never seen the internal workings of mod teams, and so you make poorly based judgements on how long something should take. I used to wonder how it could take mod teams so long to produce single addons, until I joined a mod for myself and got a more accurate view of things.

Quote[/b] ]People who respect themselves and their work, don't get offended by any type of critisicm.

I suggest that you think about this for more than one second. The more someone treasures his work, the more offended he'll be by people complaining about it. If I said "BAS, your Blackhawk models are shit," then they'd have every right to be offended. They spent a long time on those Blackhawks and put massive amounts of effort into them, so they'd have every right to be annoyed at my stupid comment.

Quote[/b] ]I suppose U were born a mod maker, right?

No, I learned over a period of about a year and a half. I'm also a very selective addon maker, I can only make objects. I'm not anywhere near BAS calibre in addon-making, scripting is my speciality.

Quote[/b] ]What U say about others is just a reflection of your self inferiority problems.

You were just saying that I had "superiority" problems. Make up your mind. You can't have a superiority complex and an inferiority complex at the same time, it's like saying that the weather is both too hot and too cold.

Very well, calling you an idiot was inaccurate. You're just someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. People like you used to say that FDF and CSLA were dead, and look what they've done now.

Quote[/b] ]m21man please stop continuing the arguement, or the thread might end up closed  

Fine, I'll stop as long if Gordy stops assuming that lack of publicity means mod death.

Edit - BTW, the thread isn't really in risk of being closed, I'm in risk of being PRed. So I'll shut up now tounge_o.gif . In closing, I'll say sorry to the BAS team and the moderators for posting those comments.

May I ask whatever happened to desert camo Pavehawk, pics of which were shown shortly after release of original Pavies? rock.gif

IMHO, back in the days when there was no O2, the original TJP retextured UH60 was the most beautiful retexture ever made. wink_o.gif

I dont know if there is anything at all you (BAS) can do about this, but, my OFP screen goes freaky when the BAS addons are in a seperate Mod folder. They are OK when in the OFP/addons folder, but when in a Mod folder they make my OFP go crazy crazy_o.gif I'm not too bothered cause if i want to use the BAS addons i could just put them in the addon folder, but i was just wondering if anyway to fix this problem? Other addons are working fine in the Mod folders rock.gif

Here's what my OFP turns into with the BAS addons in a Mod folder....

groovyscreen4.jpg

EDIT: Before anyone asks, i have checked almost every combo of that -mod "modfolder" thing, and various OFP versions, and everytime colours have been fine unless a mod folder of BAS addons are included in the combo.

For me it works with Bas addons in a mod folder...

I dont know if there is anything at all you (BAS) can do about this, but, my OFP screen goes freaky when the BAS addons are in a seperate Mod folder. They are OK when in the OFP/addons folder, but when in a Mod folder they make my OFP go crazy crazy_o.gif I'm not too bothered cause if i want to use the BAS addons i could just put them in the addon folder, but i was just wondering if anyway to fix this problem? Other addons are working fine in the Mod folders rock.gif

EDIT: Before anyone asks, i have checked almost every combo of that -mod "modfolder" thing, and various OFP versions, and everytime colours have been fine unless a mod folder of BAS addons are included in the combo.

Disco time tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifwow_o.gif

Almost like a true Battlefield 1982!!!

(for those who don't know it, it's a mod for Battlefield 1942 based on Activision's Interstate'82 car combat game). biggrin_o.gif

Maybe its a conflict with something else in your mod folder... I'd try a mod folder with only BAS addons and see what happens.

http://img30.photobucket.com/albums/v91/hotshotus/groovyscreen4.jpg

Also, check you have the latest signed drivers for your video card. (knowing your specs might help with the problem)

I've seen this problem before, when people had too many addons, their gfx went funky like yours. Very strange...

(Also running BAS addons in a mod folder with no problems)

I think it was going to be released with an update for them. I'd check the archives, but it seems I can't access their main page.

Uhmmm, what about the Pavie?  rock.gif  wink_o.gif

When the site is back up wink_o.gif

(Just waiting for the relevant info to filter its way to the hosts, shouldn't be too long now...)

ahh damnit i forgot what i was gonna say Detroit just beat the Pacers.

oh yah.. how'd u get the pavie?

are you the dude that was gonna make it for BAS? or is this ur own independant retex? ur name seems kinda familiar... wink_o.gif

I did retexture it for my own use at first. But i then got in contact with Tigershark, and he and the BAS team were interested in including this reskin as part of their Pavehawk update.

BAS will release this but give me credit for my work on the textures.

I love being a member of the BAS team and getting surprised like this! biggrin_o.gifsmile_o.gifrock.gifcrazy_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Wow. Those Pavehawk textures look great. You can really see the detail in the panel lines with those lighter shades of tan.

This kind of reminded me of something that I've been wondering for months and haven't seen addressed. Does BAS have any plans to add a UH-60L with a more traditional Army paint scheme to a future update of the MH-60 pack? Something like:

aigen_05.jpg

Apparently this belongs to the 158th "War Eagles," but I've seen the same paint scheme on several other birds.

What? You can't have the 160th ferrying every grunt into battle in their black choppers. tounge_o.gif

Wow. Those Pavehawk textures look great. You can really see the detail in the panel lines with those lighter shades of tan.

This kind of reminded me of something that I've been wondering for months and haven't seen addressed. Does BAS have any plans to add a UH-60L with a more traditional Army paint scheme to a future update of the MH-60 pack? Something like:

mg]http://www.modely.cz/airshow/soubory2/aigen_05.jpg[/img]

Apparently this belongs to the 158th "War Eagles," but I've seen the same paint scheme on several other birds.

What? You can't have the 160th ferrying every grunt into battle in their black choppers. tounge_o.gif

yes indeed i would love to see that.

also any indication on how the site is going?

Maybe one day wink_o.gif

Re. The site, it should be back up soon, the DNS registration is being transfered between hosts atm, and you know what they're like...