Sign in to follow this  
USSoldier11B

Beer thread

Euroshopper (NL)     -3

Brand (NL)           -6

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  Euroshopper, haha, that's among the cheapest beers around. But I can't believe you placed it way higher the Brand, cause I really like that one.

Then again, being a poor student makes you appreciate the cheapest of cheap beers too tounge_o.gif my favourite dutch low-price beers:

Pitt, Heraut, Holger, Jeager

There are some really disgusting too, like Export, Hollandia and Andreas.

Anyone try Pilsner Urquell?  My favorite pub had it on tap a few years back,  was good while it lasted.

Great choice. drunk it mostly on my vacation in Czech republik last year. Many go for Budweiser when visiting Chech, but Pilsner Urquell is really good (in my opinion better).

Anyone try Pilsner Urquell?  My favorite pub had it on tap a few years back,  was good while it lasted.

Great choice. drunk it mostly on my vacation in Czech republik last year. Many go for Budweiser when visiting Chech, but Pilsner Urquell is really good (in my opinion better).

I've read somewhere that Budweiser's (Czech) is "The Beer of Kings" while the American Budweiser calls itself "The King of Beers"

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.

-- Frank Zappa

-=Die Alive=-

a famoue quote:

Beer, the cause and solution to all of life's problems.

-Homer Simpson

I've read somewhere that Budweiser's (Czech) is "The Beer of Kings" while the American Budweiser calls itself "The King of Beers"

there's also a German beer that claims to be The King of Beers.

König Pilsener

KöPi may not be the best, but it won't kill you if you drink it. Just an average beer. wink_o.gif

Today I was working and a customer ordered A ayinger ur-weiss , then asked what does the ur word mean..since ich sprehen nicht deutch I would like you guys to enlighten me a bit..

The prefix Ur- usually means that something is very old or has a long tradition.

Like in:

Urahn = ancestor

Urwald = very old forrest, jungle

Edit:

in case of beer it will be Ur-Krostitzer

If you want the beer to taste even better you should get a sauna. Imagine sitting in 100+ degrees Celsius and sweating like a pig than get out and grab a ice cold beer. Man that is better than sex.

I am now a proud owner of the 'Grolsch Home Entertainment System'

My life is complete!

If you want the beer to taste even better you should get a sauna. Imagine sitting in 100+ degrees Celsius and sweating like a pig than get out and grab a ice cold beer. Man that is better than sex.

I remember the first time I truly appreciated how great beer is - after a 3 hour drive in the back of a panelvan on a 40 degrees celcius day, we got to the town we were heading to for our new year's eve bash, went to the pub, got a tall icy cold draught and sat in the beer garden. When that beer hit my mouth, it was pure delight... smile_o.gif

/me imagines Llauma sitting in a pub with a beer in his hand. "Oh, aah, uuh, aah, oooh, I`m coming, I`m coming, aaaaaaaaaaaah..." wow_o.gifcrazy_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Water starts to boil at 100 degrees celsius - you don't want to be in a sauna when that happends. However, drinking beer while staying in a sauna is quite common in the nordic countries - it doesn't taste better - but you do become incredibly drunk in a very short time. It sort of fit's our unsophisticated drinking habits.   crazy_o.gif

Obi Wahn @ July 22 2003,02:20)]Beer? I love beer. Especially this one:

01.gif

It's a local brewery @ Münster/Westfalen, called Pinkus Müller.

Münster heh? biggrin_o.gif

Can you get it outside of Münster, too?

Quote[/b] ]WHY oh WHY do you have to put perfume Southern Comfort

I truly don't know. I don't like many U.S. Bourbons and I particularly dislike SoCo.

I prefer Scotch or a nice Cognac.

Water starts to boil at 100 degrees celsius - you don't want to be in a sauna when that happends. However, drinking beer while staying in a sauna is quite common in the nordic countries - it doesn't taste better - but you do become incredibly drunk in a very short time. It sort of fit's our unsophisticated drinking habits.   crazy_o.gif

100 degrees aint that much.. Just ask any finn at this forum.

I have personally been in a 125 degrees sauna, but that was crazy.

You should maybe step out of the sauna and sit down outside to really feel the taste. And by the way you dont drink beer if you want to get really drunk, Koskenkorva is better suited for that job.

Water starts to boil at 100 degrees celsius - you don't want to be in a sauna when that happends.

ROFLMAO! No offense, but either you´re totally inexperienced or a complete wimp! tounge_o.gif

100 degrees celsius is a completely normal temperature for a sauna. Little children sit in 100C, it´s nothing!

Of course, I have to take into consideration that you´re not Finnish wink_o.gif

I tell ya, coming out of a hot sauna and grabbing an ice cold Olvi-nothin like it! smile_o.gif

I thnik ur getting confused with 100 celcius and 100 faranhiet(sp)

100 CELSIUS is a optimal temperature to go to sauna.