Sign in to follow this  
rouge1

F18 pack v1.3 by hudson & pennywise

Hudson & Pennywise released v1.3 of there F18 Pack links over Ofp.info

New stuff etc

NEW 1.3 ADDON FEATURES:

*Alarm and Warning Messages Added.

*AN/ALQ 165 Radar Jammer Added. Scrambles missile navigation systems and projects clones to confuse AA fire.

*Proximity Fuse Added to AMRAAM Missiles.

*Working Ejection Seat.

*Working Tail Hook. Brings Plane to complete stop! Works flawlessly on HMS Hermes 1968 and should work on any new Carriers that have a functioning landing deck. Completely configurable and may also be disabled for carriers that have this functionality already.

*New F18 added and equiped with Laser Guided GBU16.

*New F18 added and equiped with B61 Nuke.

*New canopy animation feature. You must open canopy to get out and canopy opens before ejecting.

*Retextured Jet Inlets.

*Exhaust Animations

*Renamed Global Varibles and .p3d Models to support "Addons at Ease".

*New "Addons At Ease" Installer available.

1.3 ADDON FIXES

*AI would fire weapons consecutively without delay. -- fixed

*AI uses cluster bombs now.

*Bombs sometimes collide in MP when cam is targeting -- fixed but may still experience.

*Sometimes score would not get added when using CBU. -- fixed

*Sometimes flaps appear before wing down in RTS missions. -- fixed

*V-TOL causes flaps to show before wings fold down in RTS missions. -- fixed

*Sonic Boom speed raised to 925 to prevent it from repeatively going off. -- fixed

*Menu options hide and appear in flight to reduce menu items. -- fixed

*Removed Blank Class out of mission editor.

hudf181s.jpg

hudf183s.jpg

hudf182s.jpg

Source of Info And Pics Ofp.info

Hellfish6 edit for URLs

F-18 Hornet pack v1.3

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/Rad_F18_v1_3.zip

or

F-18 Hornet pack v1.3 (Addons At Ease compliant)

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons2/RAD_F18_v1_3_1_OFPAddon.msi

*New canopy animation feature. You must open canopy to get out and canopy opens before ejecting.

Sounds great but shouldn't the canopy be blown away before ejecting instead of just being opened?

Wow, just downloaded, and this pack is just absolutely amazing wow_o.gifsmile_o.gif . Very well done, this addon is awesome.

Sounds great but shouldn't the canopy be blown away before ejecting instead of just being opened?

It must but...it won't smile_o.gif

We discussed this but I made the descision that A) you only see it for maybe half a second and B) It was gonna take me another day for models/animations/hidden selection so I made the descision not to do that. Same with an afterburner script. We plan on doing these to the Su-34 now that we have a good base of scripts for the F-18 to work off of.

Su-34

su34big.jpg

Best looking plane ever build in my opinion!

Thank you, thank you!

Great work on the Hornet, can´t wait to see the Su-34!!!

I seem to be able to fly this one better than the last version. Did you improve the flight handling in any way?

Also, played the Bird Cage mission. Awesome! Though after around 10 minutes and dropped all my CBUs and missed everything, I lost track of altitude and, well, you know............... sad_o.gif

Shouldn't there be an altitude warning?

Speaking of CBUs, how do you target with them? That is, when do you release them? I think a good CBU tutorial for landlubbers like me is needed.

VisciousDog did a very good job on the "Bird Cage" mission, I was very lucky to find he was making that mission. Targeting the CBUs is a little tricky at first, I find that steep angle attacks work best. They arent the most accurate weapon, more something to level a couple hundered meter area. Ill try to make some commented screenies later today to show how to better use the CBU. The Geometry model was fixed alittle and steering in cfg was tuned down some so it should fly a little better with this version. Its still real fast, when I asked penny if we should slow it down he laughed and said "lets go 2000" biggrin_o.gif

Ill try to make some commented screenies later today to show how to better use the CBU.

Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]The Geometry model was fixed alittle and steering in cfg was tuned down some so it should fly a little better with this version.

I fly by mouse and there's a remarkable improvement in handling, if I can easily take off and stay up more than half a minute.

Quote[/b] ]Its still real fast, when I asked penny if we should slow it down he laughed and said "lets go 2000" biggrin_o.gif

I was doing low flybys past the Shilkas at 900+ kph. They missed me every time! tounge_o.gif Of course, like I said, I missed them, too. crazy_o.gif

My two AI planes in the mission kept on shouting WHERE ARE YOU. Any way to improve their remaining in formation?

WHich 2 ai´s? didn´t even get liftoff permission for some reason. biggrin_o.gif

Managed to get both Objectives and the secondary secondary objective...Killing the "girlfriend" and her lover biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Flyt model is really improved, its really enjoying flying with it.

Got hit by something, and had a broken gear! wow_o.gif

Managed to land the beauty with 2 gears out!

Very very cool!

And the intro is sweeet.

Pennywise did something real neat with the gear, if it gets damaged then random parts wont come down untill you find a repair truck. I think you have to put gear back up then down after reapiring to get it all fixed again, after repairing it also fixes any fuel leaks you may also have.

Really cool, my favourite fighter!

..well atleast untill the SU34 comes out wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

I have not played ingame yet, download only at 46% but from the comments this plane sounds great! Fuel Leaks.. and Gear Dammage.. yup.. this will become my favorite plane again.

after the su34.. i recomend and hope u will guys will take on an F16 project.. no real good ones yet for Resistance.. Vit hasnt said if he'll be fixing his.. and with all these scripts U guys would be the perfect people to do it.

In this verison can you press the V button and view the HUD, like the DKM Bronco, Choppers?(not a must) Hey look I got an advance member smile_o.gif

It's a beautiful plane and I agree with others that the mission, "Bird Cage" is AWESOME!!!

However.... The versions with the bombs are nearly useless with AI pilots (which is how I usually use aircraft in my missions) because they keep crashing into the ground.

That, in my opinion, kills this addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yeah

i was just wondering great addon n all especially the nuke

thats some crazy weapon

yeah back to my point the bird in the desert is a killer in killing tanks but how bout in the urban areas???

wont it crash into a building???

and the cluster bombs are cool

i just hoped that this plane had the ability to use it against infantry effectively

it would make my dreams come true

over all

madd addon keep up the good work

I seem to be able to fly this one better than the last version. Did you improve the flight handling in any way?

Also, played the Bird Cage mission. Awesome! Though after around 10 minutes and dropped all my CBUs and missed everything, I lost track of altitude and, well, you know............... sad_o.gif

Shouldn't there be an altitude warning?

Speaking of CBUs, how do you target with them? That is, when do you release them? I think a good CBU tutorial for landlubbers like me is needed.

To drop CBU as precise as possible you must fly at least at 1000 meters and that take a deep dive above the target. "Stuka"`s are back smile_o.gif

In this verison can you press the V button and view the HUD, like the DKM Bronco, Choppers?(not a must) Hey look I got an advance member smile_o.gif

Thats because you are the Über Spammer.  tounge_o.gif

It's a beautiful plane and I agree with others that the mission, "Bird Cage" is AWESOME!!!  

However....   The versions with the bombs are nearly useless with AI pilots (which is how I usually use aircraft in my missions) because they keep crashing into the ground.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Set the AI speed mode to limited or normal to help this. This seems to be a common problem in all airplane addons I have tried, they all seem to dive when attacking.

I think when BIS made OFP CWR, they have never supposed that people will be make thinks like these for this game biggrin_o.gif .

Many games which were born at that time died a long time ago.

They're many hours of great work.

RAD%20HORNET.jpg

However....   The versions with the bombs are nearly useless with AI pilots (which is how I usually use aircraft in my missions) because they keep crashing into the ground.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Set the AI speed mode to limited or normal to help this. This seems to be a common problem in all airplane addons I have tried, they all seem to dive when attacking.

Cool. Thanks for the tip. I'll try that. Yes you are right it is a common problem however I have noticed that the aircraft that have this problem seem to have their point of aim set very high. I think this is a fundamental problem with the model. Is it possible to change the "aim point" without changing the model? If so, you might try lowering the aim point to see if that helps.

At any rate some airplane addons to not have this problem.

For example the first F105 Thunderchief addon had this problem. Where as Footmunch's new F105 beta does not.

But again, I think it's just the point of aim that determines this.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Very nice! Although at "low" altidudes it handles real slow, makes strafing hard. And aiming with the CBU's is a breeze just set to 400 meter spread, target whatever needs blowing up. When you come withing 500 meters of the target just fire a bomb off, works everytime for me.

Overall real nice aircraft, although I feel it shouldn't be final just yet, as the AI problems can probably be fixed. As someone said Footmunche's aircraft do not have "the clumpsy bomber syndrome" Also a HUD would be awesome for strafing (it would make it a tad easier) Another thing I noticed is the long delay between missiles, is that on the real F18 aswell? I love this aircraft pack, the mission was very nice indeed. But some small fixes could be made to it to make it even better.

P.S The gear isn't up when you start as flying crazy_o.gif D.S

Is it posible that when you get hit that ammo is lost?

Or ehm the Cannon is damaged?

because i was flying a bomber run, got hit and had to flee.

then i wanted to strike again, and noticed that i don´t have any ammo anymore!

Can it even be damaged?

biggrin_o.gif think it can get damaged, didn´t give 1 shot away.

Very VERY cool stuff.

Great release Hudson, keep up the good work. How far are you on the SU? We need somethings to shoot down now that will give us a challenge.