Sign in to follow this  
rouge1

F18 pack v1.3 by hudson & pennywise

I just have to mention this, as I didn't mention it before. The mission "Birdcage" is awesome. One of the best missions for a long long time. Great job on that one!

ghostface.gif Whaaaaaaaaazaaaaaaaaaa??!??!??!? with the SU-34 ? may i ask if you have started allready with the Su-34?

or are you still bugging out the hornet?

please answer my question sad_o.gif

We have allready started on the Su-34. We are no longer woking on the F18, its finished. No more F18 for us , however PicVert with swiss mod is doing some retexture work on the F18 for his mod.

We have allready started on the Su-34. We are no longer woking on the F18, its finished. No more F18 for us , however PicVert with swiss mod is doing some retexture work on the F18 for his mod.

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

YAY!

Thats great news for me THanks!!

If any body can make a kickass Su-34 its you! wooohoo!

And after you have knocked us off our feet with that will you start on the EF-2000? then the Jas-39 Gripen, then the F-35, then... wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

OMG! I just checked out the Nukes these things can carry! Incredible work on the flash and explosion... Scary... wow_o.gifghostface.gifghostface.gif

Any chance on making those wingtip sidewinders usable, since it is possible to have different types of missiles at the same time these days?

I can assure you that neither Hudson nor Pennywise need

scripting lessons from me.

biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I can assure you that neither Hudson nor Pennywise need

scripting lessons from me.

yea but you seem to be the only one that makes planes with +2 types of detachable missiles biggrin_o.gif

There is a big draw back in my opinion to using the multiple system. You have to use hiden selections. This means that all the polys you add to the model for the weapons allway stay there. Your just setting a transparent texture over the static weapon model when its fired, its not really removed. If your using 12 static missiles/bombs each at a average poly count of 100 polys you just added 1200 polys to your 1 LOD. This isnt good. This is 1200 polys that you cant get rid of. With the regular proxy system (1-2 types of missiles) you can at least "get rid" of the extra polys when you fire off the missile and it explodes. With this system it can get messy and add some extra lag. Im using 6 different missile/bomb systems on the Su34 right now, 12 weapons in all. The su34 model has about half the amont of polys that the F-18 did so I can get away with adding an extra 1200 and still keep the model at a decent poly count. If I did this with the F18 I would have to go back and shave off alot of polys. We feel we allready spent enuf time on the F18 and its time to work on something else. We have got a real good texture artist now and hes starting to rework the crappy textures I had previously put on the Su-34. From the few textures Silesian has sent me so far Im very excited. Its going to be a real good looking aircraft. Pennywise and I have also come up with a couple new ideas for features that im sure you guys will enjoy.

Hudson can you show us some screens of the Su34 progress please?

Dont forget to add the Toilet and Galley behind the cockpit on the Su-34!

Hudson maybe you should add a option in right action menu "use toilet" too biggrin_o.gif

Yeah I can see it now, "2, Gunner, Get In Toilet!".

"2, Gunner, Target...

...Hang on a minute...

2, Gunner, Incoming missile!

...Watch the G's I'm making a mess back here!..."

tounge_o.gif

Who's the chick?

In the song in the intro.

I checked the readme, and read the thread and could see nothing.

Thanks in advance. smile_o.gif

Any screens of the SU by now Hudson?

Hopefully, we will be posting some screenies soon.  The su34 is coming along fine and we are nearing the final stages of development.  Silesian is still working the textures for the bottom of the plane and Hudson is gearing up for the cockpit.  Its looking good!

wow sounds very very promissing!

Thank you for the news