Sign in to follow this  
FatWombat

New everon

Any news on releasing the high-res Everon? rock.gifsmile_o.gif

Those textures used in FDFmod: Karjala are basic Nogova textures. So I think you can use them.

They dont look much like the Nogova ones, you mean they are based on them? Edited Nogova textures? Thanks for replying MikkoFin.

Anyway, I'll take it this means I can release it smile_o.gif

I'll upload the new everon texture set tonight, will leave it uploading when I go to bed and post link in the morning. It's a 37mb file and I'm on 56k wink_o.gif

And MikkoFin...I fixed the little glitches with Karjala (defined runway, regenerated transition textures with Visitor (they are 512x512 now too), runway, farm textures etc blend). Should I send the new pbo to you or someone else from fdf? Would save you guys from fixing it smile_o.gif

Ever since the user made island Maldova was released, I always wanted a high resolution Everon. Thank you. smile_o.gif

I'd still like to see a winter Nogova, but there seems to be some murky copyright issues about distributing it...

Anyway, I'll be checking out high-res Everon later tonight, it looks good...

I'd still like to see a winter Nogova, but there seems to be some murky copyright issues about distributing it...

yes. in fact I was the one that pointed this point out when a certain great addon maker came up with Winter Nogova a few months after OFPR release.

Current position is that, since OFPR package's price includes price for the new island(Nogova) it's not suitable to have an island that allows those without OFPR to use Nogova.

but, the people could not use the winter nogova because they dont have the resistance buildings and objects, how could they even use it?

yes. in fact I was the one that pointed this point out when a certain great addon maker came up with Winter Nogova a few months after OFPR release.

Current position is that, since OFPR package's price includes price for the new island(Nogova) it's not suitable to have an island that allows those without OFPR to use Nogova.

Kegetys has BIS' official approval to release it, provided that it is designed not to work with OFP CWC.

And this is not a rumor. smile_o.gif

but, the people could not use the winter nogova because they dont have the resistance buildings and objects, how could they even use it?

if my memory serves me correctly, buildings were not from OFPR, or was in another pbo file.

and as Avon said. under certain condition.

I had been hoping that the FDF mod would have included Winter Nogova. Sadly, it didn't. sad_o.gif

Couldn't kegetys just use something similar to the hisky installer to install it?

Couldn't kegetys just use something similar to the hisky installer to install it?

Way back when, Kegetys mentioned something about not being able to use the right snow textures and said that he would need Visitor.

Well, Visitor is out............................... rock.gif

Way back when, Kegetys mentioned something about not being able to use the right snow textures and said that he would need Visitor.

Well, Visitor is out............................... rock.gif

He could use a combination of his custom snow textures and BIS o.pbo snow textures and just have the default snow textures and buildings etc etc to the winter nogova pbo.

Here's what I told him on IRC although he didn't say much back... well, nothing to be exact.

Use the hisky installer but modified, to make a new island pbo, for example, keg_winternog.pbo, and have your custom snow textures in there and have your 'cpbo.exe' take the buildings and objects and snow textures out of o.pbo and put them in your pbo. then we have winter nogova without the legal issues.

Now Everon seems more alive and real, Thanks a lot.

but you've got three white textureless areas, nearly side by side, in squares Di 21, Dg21 and Dg22 tounge_o.gif

They won't be revolted for long biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but you've got three white textureless areas, nearly side by side, in squares Di 21, Dg21 and Dg22

Correct this bug Fat crazy_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Yeah I can't beleive I forgot about those 3 cells that use tn.pac instead of tn.paa..

I fixed the problem, same download link as before. If you know a bit about depbo'ing and stuff you can fix this problem yourself rather than download the 37mb zip again crazy_o.gif

Extract Eden.pbo, copy tn.paa and rename the copy to tn.pac, then pbo it again.

ofp.info and ofpbase.com should have the new version soon.

Very nice FatWombat! With this new textures and high terrain detail these islands feels brand new... Thanks for sharing!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Here's an installation tip:

There's no need to back up the original Everon and Amlen island PBOs. Simply create a mod folder with the following folder structure:

\NewWorlds\DTA

Place the new Eden and Abel PBO files into the \NewWorlds\DAT subfolder and define "NewWorlds" in the -mod parameter in your OFP shortcut(s).

This way, no changes are made to original 2 files and you can play using the 2 new islands by default. smile_o.gif

For the new desert island, I see no alternative but to back up the original intro.pbo file and replace it with the new one.

What about a new Kolgujev? rock.gif

Use Kegetys´ Nogojev 0.5? smile_o.gif