Sign in to follow this  
FatWombat

New everon

I get the "file not found" messege too.

Sorry didnt realise there were any problems. I just double checked the ftp and the file is definitely there, must be something wrong with blackdogs server...

Can download it via ftp for now, ftp://newfiles:newfiles@evilmadman.com

Filename is newAbelCainEden.rar and it's under /FatWombat/

Thanks FatWombat, d/l right now. It would be nice if you could put up newcain.zip separately though, i already had the other two islands and had to d/l the whole package again. This is unnecessary traffic and a pain for modem users i guess ;)

It would be nice if you could put up newcain.zip separately

Yep. Worse, the 3-island RAR file doesn't include the modified desert island.

Make a separate CAIN zip. Surely that's not a major problem? rock.gif

There are some textures missing for everon. One of the grass textures with a dirt center isnt there. And it shows up white ingame smile_o.gif

There are some textures missing for everon. One of the grass textures with a dirt center isnt there. And it shows up white ingame  smile_o.gif

Coords?

Nope, but the texture name is

Eden\zbh.paa

or

Eden\bak\bah.pac

They both look very similar and I cant tell which one it is. smile_o.gif

Didn't he wrote earlier in the thread that he missed some textures and that there was a new version (which i think i have), shortly after releasing the first version? I guess i could have looked myself but i'm too lazy right now tounge_o.gif

Edit: After checking posts 44-46 those are the not the same textures it seems sad_o.gif

Downloaded the new newAbelCainEden.rar and there was non of the old missing texture problems as far as I could tell. smile_o.gif

(South of Everon airfield there is a hill and just south of that hill was those textures used that was missing befor)

This is a really neat mod. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks FatWombat! Like them very much smile_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Anyone have a mirror for this ? Cant download from the above links...

The new textures seem to cause incompatibilities with some other islands. See here for more details. Is there any way that this can be fixed or do we have to live with it?

It seems FatWombat left out some textures in the pbos which he did not use in his new version. After you put those back in all islands using the old cwc textures work fine again. I will try to make an install scipt for people that don't want to do that manually.

That would be great benu since I love FW work! Please keep us all posted when/if you come up with something...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

As people could keep their files anywhere it less hassle to give a general instruction than to write a script that tries to cope with all sorts of possibilities (like modfolder names or os version) or restricts you in where to put things.

The goal is to get the missing files back into FWs pbos. So just unpbo the cwc islands and FWs islands, copy the contents of FWs islands into the cwc islands and repack the cwc islands. Done, those are your new FW islands.

Eg: If you habe FWs pbos in a modfolder called fatwombat then unpbo fatwombat\DTA\abel.pbo. Rename abel folder to fw_abel. Unpbo DTA\abel.pbo. Copy all files from fw_abel to abel folder. Repack abel folder to abel.pbo and move it to fatwombat\DTA\abel.pbo. Delete the two folders fw_abel and abel. Do the same for cain.pbo and eden.pbo.

You may need unpbo 1.5 and stuffpbo, which should be available from OFPEC and other sites (and from our site too).

great work again benu! biggrin_o.gif

could u plz just sum up for the uninformed guys what's the benifit/reason for this.

cheers

links out of date so it says

There's been nothing but trouble with my account a FileFront since the weekend.

FileFront support has been notified and they're sleeping as we speak. biggrin_o.gifrock.gifsad_o.gif

@ May 10 2004' date='11:10)']great work again benu!  biggrin_o.gif

could u plz just sum up for the uninformed guys what's the benifit/reason for this.

cheers

The problem with the "original" FW textures is, that you can't play on some custom-islands like for example ackropolis. 90% of the textures won't apear and the island looks like a snow-island. FW just retextured the whole islands and as far as you use a custom island that uses one of the cwc textures that aren't included anymore you'll have this white squares. If u unpbo the abel.pbo and FW's abel.pbo and copy all textures from FW's in the original one, you'll have all textures again (FW's and the one he didn't include in his pack). Tried it and it work's fine on all islands which had problems with the original FW-textures.

Mfg MEDICUS

As people could keep their files anywhere it less hassle to give a general instruction than to write a script that tries to cope with all sorts of possibilities (like modfolder names or os version) or restricts you in where to put things.

The goal is to get the missing files back into FWs pbos. So just unpbo the cwc islands and FWs islands, copy the contents of FWs islands into the cwc islands and repack the cwc islands. Done, those are your new FW islands.

Eg: If you habe FWs pbos in a modfolder called fatwombat then unpbo fatwombat\DTA\abel.pbo. Rename abel folder to fw_abel. Unpbo DTA\abel.pbo. Copy all files from fw_abel to abel folder. Repack abel folder to abel.pbo and move it to fatwombat\DTA\abel.pbo. Delete the two folders fw_abel and abel. Do the same for cain.pbo and eden.pbo.

You may need unpbo 1.5 and stuffpbo, which should be available from OFPEC and other sites (and from our site too).

Since that post, Benu has done just that and fixed the files. The corrected FatWombat New World islands can be downloaded from the same mirror links as before:

New Malden

New Everon

New Kolgujev

New Desert (NOTE: This file has not changed)

smile_o.gif