FatWombat

New everon

What about a new Kolgujev? rock.gif

Use Kegetys´ Nogojev 0.5? smile_o.gif

And, pray tell, why is it numbered 0.5? rock.gif

What about a new Kolgujev? rock.gif

Use Kegetys´ Nogojev 0.5? smile_o.gif

And, pray tell, why is it numbered 0.5? rock.gif

maybe thought it might be a beta? But turned out to need nothing doing to it? rock.gif

maybe thought it might be a beta? But turned out to need nothing doing to it? rock.gif

Well, Kegetys still lists it as a "preview version". Furthermore, I don't know if new obects have been added or old ones moved.

In addition, it's not a replacement for OFP's cain.pbo file. It's a new island.

So my question goes back to FatWombat: will you be making a new Kolgujev Island, too? rock.gif

Yeah, I been thinking about doing Kolgujev, might as well complete the set eh? Next time I have a few hours free & I don't feel like working on my island I'll do it smile_o.gif

I have a question. How come the replacement islands are so large, whenever the .wrp versions in the operation flashpoint/worlds folder are only a fraction of the size?

I am assuming that the wrp is only the 3d geometry data or something, and that the islands use objects and textures from the data.pbo and data3d.pbo, would this be true?

IF so, then could we not just replace the texture files that the islands use from the data or data3d.pbo files and repbo it up again, rather than adding another huge bunch of pbo files into our addon or addon mod dirs?

It seems hugely inefficient for the sake of one or two new textures :/

Or... am I just missing the point completely, and talking nonsense here?

It just seems as though we could have another sort of thing like Kegety's HiSky installer to replace the relevant textures...

BAM:)

missing the point wink_o.gif

The WRP contains only the terrain, and the position of the objects on it.

Any new objects require a p3d, to give the texture paths and mappings onto the model. So, if you are simply using the existing BIS objects, then the island addon could be quite small (as it would simply be a config and a wrp file)

However, as the trend is to create your own land textures, models, and re-skins of the BIS objects, then it becomes neccissary to include them in the islands PBO.

So basically, if you are worried about having soo many island pbo's in your addons folder, then dont use so many islands wink_o.gif

I have a question.  How come the replacement islands are so large, whenever the .wrp versions in the operation flashpoint/worlds folder are only a fraction of the size?

I am assuming that the wrp is only the 3d geometry data or something, and that the islands use objects and textures from the data.pbo and data3d.pbo, would this be true?

IF so, then could we not just replace the texture files that the islands use from the data or data3d.pbo files and repbo it up again, rather than adding another huge bunch of pbo files into our addon or addon mod dirs?

It seems hugely inefficient for the sake of one or two new textures :/

Or... am I just missing the point completely, and talking nonsense here?

It just seems as though we could have another sort of thing like Kegety's HiSky installer to replace the relevant textures...

BAM:)

Thats what these do... replace only the needed textures. The original island textures are in Abel.pbo, Cain.pbo and Eden.pbo, thats what these replace.

Why are they so big? For example there is 268 textures for everon, there are the base textures and transition textures, each of these is 170kb, do the math wink_o.gif

Kolgujev is done now too, will upload it tonight.

(Apologies if this has already been brought up) - I had some problems using the updated islands in online MP - I was getting a lot of white, untextured ground, presumably because the game couldn't find the textures. Anyone else have these problems or know a fix? For the moment I uninstalled the retextured islands for the sake of MP.

Thanks, Fubar

(Apologies if this has already been brought up) - I had some problems using the updated islands in online MP - I was getting a lot of white, untextured ground, presumably because the game couldn't find the textures. Anyone else have these problems or know a fix? For the moment I uninstalled the retextured islands for the sake of MP.

Did you install the islands in a mod folder and did you run your MP session with or without this mod folder?

FatWombat, you should ask Silesian about woking togueder.

He is been releasing some nice reskined addons that replace the original BIS addons with really nice textures.

If the bouth of you work togueder( You on terrains, Salesian on Vehicles) we could have a really nice modificated OFP.

Put all that in a mod folder like The Avon Lady sugested and we'll be laughing.

Smashing retextured OFP.

FatWombat's retextured islands.

Silesian's retextured vehicles.

UCE's retextured East and Resistance units.

Inquisitor's weapons pack

Someone tell me about some good West units that would replace the original ones...

Plus if you add the Blood addon, the hisky, the sounds and the explosions pack all in one mod folder... well, that would be amazing.

He is been releasing some nice reskined addons that replace the original BIS addons with really nice textures.

If the bouth of you work togueder( You on terrains, Salesian on Vehicles) we could have a really nice modificated OFP.

Well, once FW gets Kolgujev out, he's redone all the islands. And they can be used independently or combined with Silesian's work by anyone.

So, cooperation isn't needed and the contribution has already been made (pending New Everon's release today or tomorrow).

Did you install the islands in a mod folder and did you run your MP session with or without this mod folder?

No and no...

I guess that's one way around it...

Didn't get a chance to upload Kolgujev last night, maybe tonight.

Major Fubar- which island did you have these problems with?  If the new textures are run from a mod folder and you load a custom island that uses any of the textures you get white instead. Only seems to happen in mp if you are a client and it doesnt happen if the original .pbo's are replaced in flashpoint\dta, havn't tested them in flashpoint\res\dta yet. Maybe this is related?

avonlady- Kolgujev, not Everon tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Any d/l links for newcain yet? *bump*

Someone tell me about some good West units that would replace the original ones...

I belive these could work:

kmmint3.jpg

O yes, I forgot about this topic.

Frenchman, this ones would do nice, but they are international units, no markings or any thing, and I think they may look out of place in comparison with UCE's normal retextured Soviet infantry, but, again, I may decide to experiment and finally learn to worck with texture programs and put some missing stuff on them, at list some pro wanna do such an easy job for the comu.

Well, once FW gets Kolgujev out, he's redone all the islands. And they can be used independently or combined with Silesian's work by anyone.

So, cooperation isn't needed and the contribution has already been made (pending New Everon's release today or tomorrow).

I know, and you are right on that, but we need some filles to make a decent mod folder that will replace the original textures only in one mod folder, and if they come in contact and worck in that, it would be alot less hassle for everyone.

I noticed that to replace the textures in a mod folder all you have to do is to create the addons folder in it with the Salesian's addons, and it will change the original pbos with the new retextured ones, but I don't know how stable this can be when more addons are added to the mod folder. If that worcks fine we could have a nice retextured OFP mod folder for single player and the standart for multy player.

I didn't had chance to check the terrains textures, but I didn't got any error messages when using the short cut for this retextured mod folder.

I'm starting a topic in Addons discusion about all that stuff that can be done for people to come with ideas, cos at the moment I'm using the ExploMod with Blood and InQuisitors HDWeapons, but I can't get the new terain textures to worck with all that, it gives me errors all over the place.

So if we can get all this people togueder and build a nice modification(High resolution textures on everything+sounds and effects) we could get it done alot quicker.

Sorry everyone, I kinda had a last minute camping trip sprung on me the other day. Been away for a while.

Finally got around to uploading it, this is all 3 island texture replacements in 1 file. Will upload Kolgujev separately soon for people who already have the other 2.

Download here. Ofpbase.com and ofp.info should have it available for download soon too.

I get a "file not found" for that link sad_o.gif

I get a "file not found" for that link sad_o.gif

Try here , don't know if it are the same Islands...  ghostface.gif   unclesam.gif   blues.gif  Hhmmm  smile_o.gif

BTW: Really nice work !!! biggrin_o.gif

I can only see Everon and Malden at ofpbase, and those are out for some time already. Everyone is waiting for Kolgujev ;)