Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Iraq Thread 2

A purple heart is what would be appropriate, but this is coming from an Army that gave everyone black berets so that everyone could feel elite.

ralph.gif

Flanders: Ralph, your going to be on special teams.

Ralph: I'm special

Edit: eh.... I wasnt making fun of you Cloney, honest!  smile_o.gif

Man I guess that weird British dry humor is really spilling over on these forums.

I cannot even begin to imagine the level of torturous redicule that child is going to recieve during his educatory period.

They just better hope he dosn't grow up in 40 years to become the jihad anti-christ leader biggrin_o.gif

A massive bomb attack in Iraq..

NAJAF, Iraq (Reuters) - Iraqis dug among rubble strewn with body parts for survivors of a car bombing outside Shi'ite Islam's holiest site Friday which killed at least 75 including a top cleric who cooperated with U.S. occupiers.

BBC

Edit: edited the reuters link to BBC link..

Edit2: damn I type too slow..

It's really getting hot in there, i wonder how the new administrators will handle this.

Quote[/b] ]

In a resignation statement, Campbell said he was quitting for family reasons and added he intended to step down from his position in "a few weeks."

Riiiiiiiight. wink_o.gif

Lets see if Blair decides to follow at some point. tounge_o.gif

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>The Jessica Lynch Story</span>

When the Truthâ„¢ doesnt matter any more

She should get her Purple Heart, like any other soldier who is injured in a combat zone does.  But a Bronze Star?  Fah!

So...all the soldier that died in combat get nothing, actually dying for their country no matter what they beleive in, and their graves are pissed on by a 'poor tortured soul' who collides with a truck, is turned into a propaganda stand, and then returned in one of the most stupid uses of power and receives a bronze star for it?

Must be easy to get a medal in the states.

I think you havent quite understood in what times we live in. If you want a career, even if it may be in the military, then you need promotion, publicity and a good agent/promoter. Everything is show-business and the Iraq is nothing else than the ARMY-Broadway! You have to choose story that catches the attention of the people on TV. Preferrably 30% action, 22%tragedy and blood, 20% sense of honour, 18% happy end, and 10% follow up (the medal-awards afterwards, her first child being born, her kids joining the army bla bla bla) biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

Albert, that is one of the most cynical things I've ever read. I think it's pretty true, though. sad_o.gif

She should get her Purple Heart, like any other soldier who is injured in a combat zone does.  But a Bronze Star?  Fah!

So...all the soldier that died in combat get nothing, actually dying for their country no matter what they beleive in, and their graves are pissed on by a 'poor tortured soul' who collides with a truck, is turned into a propaganda stand, and then returned in one of the most stupid uses of power and receives a bronze star for it?

I think you havent quite understood in what times we live in. If you want a career, even if it may be in the military, then you need promotion, publicity and a good agent/promoter. Everything is show-business and the Iraq is nothing else than the ARMY-Broadway! You have to choose story that catches the attention of the people on TV. Preferrably 30% action, 22%tragedy and blood, 20% sense of honour, 18% happy end, and 10% follow up (the medal-awards afterwards, her first child being born, her kids joining the army bla bla bla) biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

After seeing all this, it's just reinforcing my decision to go to the Marines instead of the Army biggrin_o.gif

Albert, that is one of the most cynical things I've ever read.

You're not the only one biggrin_o.gif I burst out laughing for a second there.

After seeing all this, it's just reinforcing my decision to go to the Marines instead of the Army  biggrin_o.gif

The Marines are just as bad, instead of having a hard-on for Public relations and fashionable headgear, they have a hard-on for themselves.

It's really getting hot in there, i wonder how the new administrators will handle this.

From this Yahoo News article:

L. Paul Bremer, the U.S. occupation's coordinator for Iraq, was out of the country on vacation and had no plans to return early because of the bombing.

I think the marines got enough PR after the movie Full Metal Jacket. crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Is it me or did the USA bring terrorism to Iraq? rock.gif I don't think you would have car bombings under Saddams control. And he even opressed the people more than the US forces do now (if they do at all)! wow_o.gif

What can they do to stop it? the new administration doesn't have the power to menage this! sad_o.gif

Oh crap, now we're building another Rome? smile_o.gif

EDIT: No but apparently Babylon fell in nearly a day.

You never fail to suprise me bn880. I'd say that the majority of the people in Iraq do like being free of Saddam but their expectations were simply too high. Even before the war started I knew that it would take a while before the infastructre (electricity, water, etc etc) would take a while to catch up with the rebuilding process, especially since we destroyed during the war.

However, sometimes Im convinced that there was no real plan to deal with an insurgency like this, we thought everyone would be happy that he was gone, not shooting at us at every given opportunity.

And on to the Rome thing, it was a rhetorical question bn, I wasn't saying we were building another Rome and before you say it, the reference has nothing to do with empire building.

Simple fact is, the US along with the few have created a terrible situation in Iraq, and everything really is out of control. No one has the right to pull stuff like this off, it's completely insane. A day would have been long enough, but how long is it now and people are still dying and suffering.