Sign in to follow this  
alx

Latest indirect news on ofp2

This excerpt comes from the June Codemasters Command Center newsletter. It has a little indirect information about what to expect from OFP2.

Start quote

OPERATION FLASHPOINT - LATEST NEWS

Well as I mentioned earlier, E3 was the place to be a

few weeks ago with regard to getting up to date gaming

news. In fact many a journalist was probing me for any

info that they could get about Flashpoint 2 as well as

the new Xbox version due out later this year. So I've

decided to let you all in on what I told them. Don't

tell them though ;)

Xbox Flashpoint will be using an upgraded engine using

some elements from the Flashpoint 2 engine. Graphical

elements like vehicle and character models and

vegetation have been vastly improved upon and look much

smoother and realistic. Yes we now have real looking

trees, not those polygonal ones but realistic round

ones. Game physics are better, so for those of you that

remember the collision system whilst inside buildings,

you can now no longer walk through walls, etc.

Basically, all the old bugs have been fixed....yay!

We've also included the Resistance Campaign which puts

the mission total up to around 50 or so in single

player and over a dozen in multiplayer. Oh and speaking

of multiplayer, we will be supporting Xbox Live!

This will include voice comms over Net and a download

feature for any future maps ;) More details on this

will follow.

You'll also be glad to know that Marek Spanel, MD for

BIS was also at E3 and designed a very good mission

using the mission editor that is also included with

game. Alas I couldn't find a memory card or Laptop to

save the mission, but it was very good. I'll see if I

can get Marek to do another one for a future download.

So what news have I got about Flashpoint 2? Not a lot

really. The game is still in early development so we

won't be getting screenies until around August (maybe).

The game is that early in development that we are

still looking at the forums for potential ideas, so

keep them coming in.

End quote

Alx

P.S. To those who remember me, I do occasionally check these forums. But most of my computer time is spent playing Forgotten Battles and America's Army. I'd play a little more of Raven Shield if ubi would just fix the bugs! But expect me back BIG TIME when OFP2 is released. Hopefully I'll have ADSL by then.

You'll also be glad to know that Marek Spanel, MD for

BIS

Wow! Marek's finished med school, too! wow_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Interesting reading, thank you. So xbox owners get the perfect opf with better looking and more realistic models, improved game physics and colision detection and all the old bugs gone while half the missions of 1985 campaign on my 1.91 pc version dont even work properly sad_o.gif . Anyone knows how much will the xbox version cost? Will we be beta testers for OPF2 too just to see the ultimate version of it released on a console? rock.gif ...

Will we be beta testers for OPF2 too just to see the ultimate version of it released on a console?  rock.gif ...

Actually, more like xbox users will be testing OFP's new engine prior to OFP2's existance.

Actually, more like xbox users will be testing OFP's new engine prior to OFP2's existance.

Lucky them huh? I would like to hear how good the xbox version is from a xbox owner, its going to be painfull to play opf for another year and a half knowing that a superior version of it is available for console users, and i aint buying a console just to play a better opf, thats for sure crazy_o.gif .

Interesting reading, thank you. So xbox owners get the perfect opf with better looking and more realistic models, improved game physics and colision detection and all the old bugs

sad_o.gif  mad_o.gif Man, I´m so depressed right now...

I´d PAY for those improvements for PC!

Interesting reading, thank you. So xbox owners get the perfect opf with better looking and more realistic models, improved game physics and colision detection and all the old bugs

sad_o.gif  mad_o.gif Man, I´m so depressed right now...

I´d PAY for those improvements for PC!

maybe they got to wait for OFP2 on the Xbox...

Yeah maybe,

And i thought they were going to include a little video sad_o.gifsad_o.gif

cause he said they would at the end of the last newsletter!!!!

come on codemasters let us see that video you promised mad_o.gif

Forget the x-box, we'll get that and more on OFP2

so, round trees, whooaaaahh wow_o.gifwow_o.gif

I hope they release those fixes for PC version too cause it is very odd if the AI walks through walls or see through it is lame and X-Box get that presents hope BIS dont forget us the real fans wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

I'm looking for patch 2.00 which includes a number of those little improvements.

Yeah, that patch is planned to be released late 2004 smile_o.gif

People have to stop whining for more patches for OFP1, they're just not gonna be any more. This is the game, play it till you're bored or OFP2 comes out. It useless if BIS keeps working on OFP1, when they could use the effort for OFP2.

I think all the work and effort BIS used on the xbox version was a waste of precious developing time, i dont want to sound negative and i hope it sells well but i honestly have my doubts it will, Flashpoint doesnt seem to be the type of game for console users. Anyone know how many copies Xbox version sold so far? If it sold baddy i dont think OPF2 would be released on console then huh rock.gif it would still be nice to know, hey BIS we care bout you biggrin_o.gif ...

You'll have to bear in mind that working on the xbox version is part of developing OFP2. BIS crew said the xbox version uses an OFP engine version 1.5, so this is halfway upto OFP2 smile_o.gif. Even if the xbox version doesn't sell well, it's not a waste of time. Just because they're walking another path, doesn't mean they won't reach the destiny (might be with some delay though).

Forget the x-box, we'll get that and more on OFP2

so, round trees, whooaaaahh  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

ok,Ill wait for it.

We could seriously use a fix for clipping sometime before late 2004.

A fix for clipping means a new engine, which comes with OFP2.

I'm very sory, but I think you'll have to live with it sad_o.gif

talking bout indirect news has anyone felt the heat out there, its 40 plus here and last night was 30, its summer time and i am expecting a screenshot of OPF2 smile_o.gif .

well, your name would indicate that you like the heat...now are you heatseeker because you know that when it's hot it's sumemr and therefore can expect ofp2 screenies in the near future? biggrin_o.gif

well, your name would indicate that you like the heat...now are you heatseeker because you know that when it's hot it's sumemr and therefore can expect ofp2 screenies in the near future? biggrin_o.gif

...first song of "blow up your video" from ac/dc biggrin_o.gif , and BIS said they would reveal atleast one screan around summer time i think rock.gif , i know it is still early but im a very curious person smile_o.gif .

Instead of the console edition they should have released another extension with all the improvements for the pc edition. Or at least give us pc'lers the same fixes via patch. Afterall we were those little monkeys you abused and tested all the stuff on. At least give us the fixes we asked for for years and don't let us wait another year or two for OFP2.

mad_o.gif