Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Enhanced bis model

Quick question: I´m desperate for remakes of BIS units since they´re all essential (m113, BMP, soldiers) but they ALL SUCK!

So would it be realistic for me to replace all BIS U.S soldiers with these, either in 1985 or 2003 situations?

An officer is distinguishable by uniform depending on country to country. But i agree i guess most officers in combat situations put their helmets on. And i can always remove the helmet using the command you gave in the readme, so it looks more like an officer. And the M16A2 is smaller in real life but as you said this will do fine aswell.

Great job, and i hope to see more of these initiatives in the future smile_o.gif

These units are amazing. I love the Helmet on/off animations.

I have replaced all my Default BAS ranger soldiers with these. The NZ Flag on these are smaller than on the BAS soldiers which is good.

These are sweet with BAS or INQ weapons....

Could the next version please:

Place them avaliable to the Resistance Side,

Include Desert/Snow/LR Patrol (ie with bergins)

and a Gillie suit sniper.

Love your work.

biggrin_o.gif

I'm too lazy to follow the instructions and copy and paste the lods for the beret model. If anyone has already done that could you please put up a link to the beret model so i could download it? Thanks. By the way team you missed the model with the boonie hat.

Lookgin very promising, but could you cut down the number of ammo pouches? Just give them 2 ammo pouches and the usual webbing gear. I think it looks a little like overkill.

(...)

Place them avaliable to the Resistance Side,

Include Desert/Snow/LR Patrol (ie with bergins)

and a Gillie suit sniper.

(...)

I'm not planning on a new version of this international soldier, but a new version of my Dutch Marines will be released under the same conditions as this one.

The Marines will have a Berghaus backpack. (actually the current version already has them, but they are binarized)

Would it be realistic for me to replace all BIS U.S soldiers with these, either in 1982, 1985 or 2003 situations?

Well? smile_o.gif

Would it be realistic for me to replace all BIS U.S soldiers with these, either in 1982, 1985 or 2003 situations?

Well? smile_o.gif

I guess so.

Read this, from http://www.steelpots.com/sp1info.htm

Quote[/b] ]Chapter 7: Stronger Than Steel: The P.A.S.G.T.: The Ballistic Helmet

Serious work to develop a ballistic helmet, constructed out of materials other than metal began in the 1970's. Making its combat debut in Grenada in 1983, the P.A.S.G.T. or "Kevlar" helmet has become the American soldier's new armor.

The dutch marines are one of my top 10 add-ons. I am glad to that the project is not dead smile_o.gif

Those ammo pouches are WAY to big, and theres to many of 'em. It looks like a Ruskie style ammo pouch thing.

Good initiative, matthis. I've always advocated open source, that way the community grows, thats why i never bin my work.

Previously i had to use bis mlod models to make my own troops downloaded from Brsseb's links and lonewolf's xpacker to help. Now at least its all in one pack i believe it should be easier to create more different type of characters, some will be just pure 'fun' nuts but some will be outstanding. Good job

smile_o.gif

PS: i wonder why so few people replied to this initiative?

Good initiative, matthis. I've always advocated open source, that way the community grows, thats why i never bin my work.

Previously i had to use bis mlod models to make my own troops downloaded from Brsseb's links and lonewolf's xpacker to help. Now at least its all in one pack i believe it should be easier to create more different type of characters, some will be just pure 'fun' nuts but some will be outstanding. Good job

smile_o.gif

PS: i wonder why so few people replied to this initiative?

From what I understand, banarizing has some technical advantages. I have had a case where OFP1985 didn't understand my models, while OFP:Res had no problems. Binarizing seemed to fix this.

For my marines, I will binarize the files in the add-on, and provide the un-binarized P3D files separately. I'm not yet sure if I will provide them in the same ZIP, or as a separate download. I think the same ZIP would be the easiest for distribution.

Any views on that 1.91 config bin that would replace default BIS models with those?

Anyone is working on that?

Well i was working on it but in sort of a way if i try to re bin the cpp the program gives me a error so sorry but i figured many more out like editing some ingame txt like 2 is down= o my god 2 is down.

Guest BratZ

Thanx maybe now I will attempt a Jap pilot and admiral and such for my AC Carrier

One thing that would be a awesome addition to this pack is a sniper with ghillie off/on option. I am sure many agree with this i for one would love it. But if you dont update this pack atleast add it to your dutch marine sniper smile_o.gif

Those ammo pouches are WAY to big, and theres to many of 'em. It looks like a Ruskie style ammo pouch thing.

One thing that would be a awesome addition to this pack is a sniper with ghillie off/on option. I am sure many agree with this i for one would love it. But if you dont update this pack atleast add it to your dutch marine sniper smile_o.gif

Hm, that's a nice idea.

Wilco for the RNLMC sniper.

Yes?

I'll have a look at it, but don't expect too much from me the coming months.

/sigh why dont u read the rest of the thread or the readme, there is a solution to all your problems if u just do the digging biggrin_o.gif

An officer is easy, put the following line in the INIT field:

this setobjecttexture [1,"\KMMint\Rank\lt.paa"]

And voila, you have an officer.

smile_o.gif

This way it's much more realistic. I think the officer should not be recognisable by its model or hitting the "identify" button.

I assume this just puts a little bar on his helmet? tell me if i'm wrong.

Quote[/b] ]I assume this just puts a little bar on his helmet? tell me if i'm wrong.

a rankslide is put on the chest, probably a far more realistic solution than having guys in softcaps leading assualts.

Quote[/b] ]I assume this just puts a little bar on his helmet?  tell me if i'm wrong.

a rankslide is put on the chest, probably a far more realistic solution than having guys in softcaps leading assualts.

I want an officer with a softcap, or one that I can make that isn't a Soldier (for when you highlight him)