Completed resistance

***SPOILERS***

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

--------------------

Right, so I have FINALLY completed the excellent Resistance campaign. Victor died sad_o.gif and I was pretty sad. Although it was pretty funny the way he died. I mean did Guba have to send about 10 tanks along with about 50 troops to kill just one man? He musta been pretty pissed! biggrin_o.gif

Anyhoo, the question is.... What does the message after the credits say? I saw a message and didn't understand it because it was in....  Russian (I think)..? rock.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

I cant answer the question but... whats that nonsense about Victor being killed mad_o.gif , i didnt see a dead body, he could have escaped to somewere far from all that war and destruction, in MY campaign Victor did NOT die tounge_o.gif .

yeah Victor is The One so he dodged all those bullets and ran up the mountain to freedom

Hmmm... you know... you might be right, there... I mean, we never DID get to see him getting shot, just all the guns firing...

biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

The quotation in Czech, "Venovano tem kteri zemreli abychom my mohli zit", means "Dedicated to those who have died so that we may live".

Thanks to Avon Lady's FAQ site that has all these tidbits of OFP info

Ah! Muchos gracias and so forth, redliner! smile_o.gif

Seems fitting, considering what happened to poor ol' Vicsy.

[Gareth Gates must die]

They couldn't write in english for the english version?

Anyway, doesn't matter. I kind of like it in czech, makes it exotic and stuff.

Exotic?

...I see...

(Backs off in fear)

biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

with that victor not dead thing... have u ever thought he may be a prissioner and is tortured then was rescued by james gustavski and live happy ever after in dolina?

Well I dont know how the Russian army takes prisoners. But I know their Western counterparts dont take prisoners by ordering 5 Main Battle tanks to open fire on them accompanied by a fusilade of 5.56 fire from the infantry. So I'd suspect hes resting in pieces.

with that victor not dead thing... have u ever thought he may be a prissioner and is tortured then was rescued by james gustavski and live happy ever after in dolina?

Yeap yeah yeah. He married James and than their son Armstrong was born smile_o.gif

Stalker @ July 07 2003,12:27)]Yeap yeah yeah. He married James and than their son Armstrong was born smile_o.gif

Well that is just nonsense!

or is it? wow_o.gif

Yes and the US army injected him with experimental growth hormone. So he could fight in the Cold War Crisis campaign three years later.

lol!

Oh please! Let's not start this again! There's already been a totally mental thread like this in the OFP2 section!

And guys, what's with not wanting Viki to die? He died...er...honourably, I suppose.

Do you all love him or something? crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Let it be...

[Gareth Gates must die]

No he did the neo stopping bullets thing then flew away to safety...

actually that would be kind of cool hmmmm

(...Backs away from the thread...) crazy_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

I am sorry, mastah... (Bows honourably)

biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Lol,I was mad with the ending smile_o.gif

I shot RPG's into the airfield from the top of that hill,with a uaz right beside me (saves there,reloaded a couple of times to gauge the distance well enough) and finished it like that.

(Yes,I'm a pansy for not completing the mission properly tounge_o.gif)

So seeing Victor speed away and die like that was dissapointing. sad_o.gif

and he changed his last name through the goverment.

Victor is THE ONE

Quote[/b] ]Frisbee Posted on Aug. 11 2003,08:47

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lol,I was mad with the ending

I shot RPG's into the airfield from the top of that hill,with a uaz right beside me (saves there,reloaded a couple of times to gauge the distance well enough) and finished it like that.

(Yes,I'm a pansy for not completing the mission properly )

So seeing Victor speed away and die like that was dissapointing.

I did the mission the same way and did it first time round on veteran. Didn't even get hit by the SpetzNatz that hunted Gavsovski down at the begining.

After I destroyed the Su-25's, I got into the UAZ and started driving away, only to end the mission with 'that' Cut scene. I think BIS should have allowed for Viktors escaping in the UAZ, because as far as I was concerned, I was away Scott-Free from the Russians.

Oh well, good games must end somewhere, even if the ending is not great!!

i reckon victor had a hiding place , a tunnel that he set up without james knowing since thats where they situated at most of the war

therefore as soon as they fired the tank round victor jumps through a trap door in the mountain and doesnt come out till both forces leave the area

so he can have a new life again

now taking on his true name of david webb = bourne identity

since the real jason bourne was a arms dealer in sydney

australia which he killed during the vietnam war to take his identity to form the equal first assassin cain to trap carlos etc etc, biggrin_o.gif