Sign in to follow this  
killagee

Leopard 2a6 ex

Guest DKM-jaguar

Yeah...DKM has one going, I am learning textureing on it.

Guest DKM-jaguar

its basically the same on the outside

Guest DKM-jaguar

yeah, notice how I said "basically" as they are almost identical apart from that and some fixtures and fitings.

Apparently this is the Best MBT in the World. What do you geezers think?

P.S. Dont forget to take cost into consideration.

rock.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

well, it's up against The challenger2 and M1a2. I'd say that M1 wasnt really an American tank in itself: BRITISH armour, GERMAN gun. BUT the Leo 2A6 is a great tank, it's armour is aparently questionable. They seem to be going for a high mobility weapons platform fireing a smoothbore 120mm and sabot discarding rounds with the ability to fire while on the move with a high succes rate. IN my opinion, the Challenger is better becuase it has the worlds only rifled 120mm cannon, the L22. This gun is questionably the most accurate 120mm weapon in the world, but dont quote me on that becuase i am not sure, and unlike a lot of people here i will not state something i am not sure about as though it is unquestionable. biggrin_o.gif The leopard is most definetly one of [if not THE] best automotively. It's speed affords it some protection, as the tanks it is designed to fight are not so good at moving target engagement, although in todays wars you never know who you will end up fighting. BTW, the leopard 2 has very flat sided turret, this is very poor ballistic protection, the A6 has a prism type construction on it's front, but surely if the shell does not hit it on the top surface, it is directed down onto the hull be the slope of the armour... IMHO ballisitics is the key; it is the reason that T33's stood a chance against the panzers despite its relatively thin armour. Coincidentally that tank was also fast...

Well I don't know. I'm no expert but since the Germans allways knew how to build great tanks I think this one is one of the best of it's class too ;)

Don´t know about the L2A6, but a very high quality L2A4 is being made by the Finnish Defence Forces mod.

FDF Mod

Don´t know about the L2A6, but a very high quality L2A4 is being made by the Finnish Defence Forces mod.

FDF Mod

Actually I just retextured BW mod's Leo wink_o.gif, so credits to them for the model.

FDF Mod

Actually I just retextured BW mod's Leo wink_o.gif, so credits to them for the model.

Damn. Just ignore me, then. (who would want a leo with Finnish camo except Finns?)

Guest DKM-jaguar

I want one..and i am british...

What about a Danish A5, I want one biggrin_o.gif But.. I'm Danish, that also plays in.. I think rock.gif

I want a New Zealand tank. Oh wait, we dont have any... Make it a LAVIII then... crazy_o.gif

lol new zealand has no tanks? Even Austria has the Loapard..And we are really a small country

lol new zealand has no tanks? Even Austria has the Loapard..And we are really a small country

We had some Scorpian tanks, but a few years ago they were decommisioned with explosives (government decided we didn't want them any more so the army blew the tanks up). Now our government has run off and brought all these LAV's.

On topic, I think either a Leopard 2A5, a Leopard 2A6 or a Strv 122 and maybe even one of those experimental Leopard 2's with 140mm guns mounted on them would be a welcome addition to the OFP world. Something to compete with the M1A2 and the T-90.

*Edit*-Changed no to now

I want a New Zealand tank. Oh wait, we dont have any... Make it a LAVIII then... crazy_o.gif

Falklands mod are making some scorpions ,might reskin them and the unimog from the Bundeswehr mod to NZ force specs.

Could have a little kiwi addon pack going on eh?

Its hard to tell how good the Leopard 2A5/A6 is since it never has committed REAL combat.

Falklands mod are making some scorpions ,might reskin them and the unimog from the Bundeswehr mod to NZ force specs.

Could have a little kiwi addon pack going on eh?

Yeah! I am afraid I am totally addon-nebie untalented at this... What could I offer as assistance to some one doing this?

Any takers Kiwi's?

I am still waiting for a LAV to be released...

I know, I know. OFP Engine problems... crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

Bundeswehr mod is making something similar.

I thought they were making an LAV but it's GTK. (whats the difference?,besides lack of turret)

gallery_lav3-photo.jpg

gtk_3.jpg

Bundeswehr mod is making something similar.

I thought they were making an LAV but it's GTK. (whats the difference?,besides lack of turret)

Does it have amphibious ability?

Looks amazing!! Wish BWMOD would make an English site... I cant navigate their site. The only German I know I got from off a Frank Zappa Record...

OK. Found the new english site. Nevermind

Guest DKM-jaguar

Yeah, I love thier work, but yet the barely get any mention when people talk about Mods... i cant beleive this team is so quiet..