Sign in to follow this  
CuteQA

The pianist

I rent the movie's DVD today

It is a true story about a Jewish pianist's life in world war ii.

The German officer in the end of the movie gave me really a deep impression.  smile_o.gif

might be a good movie, but i don't like Polanski.

A story of child rapist

Well, try to think you r watching a pianist's life, not Polanski's  tounge_o.gif

of course. but i don't want to spend my precious money to pay for a movie that was made by a child rapist, for that would imply that my money help him live away from law.

besides, i'm not forcing it to you or anyone. just me. also, i'm not saying i'd not see the movie for eternity. as long as he returns and faces the law i'll watch it.

i don't plan to not watch it for rest of my life. just rest of his life or until he faces the consequence, whichever comes first.

Looks like a good movie, but I won't pay to watch it for the same reasons Ralph stated.

BTW, is he a member of NAMBLA? tounge_o.gif

If you don't want Polanski getting your money, why don't you just buy a movie ticket to some other movie and go watch the pianist.  The theaters gets money, you get to watch a good movie, and Polanski gets shut out.  Thats what I did to watch all those Nightmare on Elm Street/Friday 13th movies back in the 80s, I'd pay for some Diznee movie and just walk into the R rated movie.

-=Die Alive=-

If you don't want Polanski getting your money, why don't you just buy a movie ticket to some other movie and go watch the pianist.  The theaters gets money, you get to watch a good movie, and Polanski gets shut out.  Thats what I did to watch all those Nightmare on Elm Street/Fridday 13th movies back in the 80s, I'd pay for some Diznee movie and just walk into the R rated movie.

-=Die Alive=-

Bad boy tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

of course. but i don't want to spend my precious money to pay for a movie that was made by a child rapist, for that would imply that my money help him live away from law.

besides, i'm not forcing it to you or anyone. just me. also, i'm not saying i'd not see the movie for eternity. as long as he returns and faces the law i'll watch it.

i don't plan to not watch it for rest of my life. just rest of his life or until he faces the consequence, whichever comes first.

what happens if someonel ike him invented the cure for cancer? or u could always pirate it then none of the money would go to mr kiddie fiddler rock.gif

It's a good movie, not as great as they tried to make out, it's no Schindler but it's watchable.

it's no Schindler

Oskar Schindler es bueno. Senor Polanski es el Diablo! biggrin_o.gif

-=Die Alive=-

what happens if someonel ike him invented the cure for cancer?

then out him in a cell, and let him work on his stuff from the prison cell. just because of a good thing doesn't mean their past crimes are forgiven.

Quote[/b] ]or u could always pirate it then none of the money would go to mr kiddie fiddler rock.gif

watch what you say.

I kind of meant my point in reverse to what u took as in if the product is genuinely good do u spite urself because of the creator,in general,not relating to mr kiddie fiddler, and looking at t he world d in black and white too

rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]

"or u could always pirate it then none of the money would go to mr kiddie fiddler"

watch what you say.

well im sure we could have a reasoned debate on the cause,effect and reasons of piracy someday but just remember what u said next time with things regarding programs like 3dsmax oh and recent movies that have just come out rock.gif

I went to see this movie a a few days ago (yes i know im late but hey, it's sweden) smile_o.gif Anyway, grate movie, better then i expected actually.

my wife pushed me (litteraly) to see it and well .. i've slept during the movie ....

I went to see this movie a a few days ago (yes i know im late but hey, it's sweden) smile_o.gif Anyway, grate movie, better then i expected actually.

Gravedigger ! blues.gif

Yeah I'm going to try and watch this movie soon. smile_o.gif Well I'm from Poland so all the movies from WW2 are worth watching for me, except some of the politically biased crapola.

Well he's Polish too so that could be another reason smile_o.gif.

Nevermind his personal misfortunes/adventures but he's a great director and some of his movies are also some of my favourites.

China Town, Rosemary Baby (possibly a source for his personal problems), Frantic and Bitter Moon. Bitter Moon is one of my favourite Erotic movies.

I'll rent Pianist when it comes out on DVD.

BM

I watched 'The Pianist' a few days ago on direct TV (satellite) for free, and I found it to be a good movie. I was suprised that there wasn't more piano playing in the move, I mean, the movie is called, 'The Pianist', right?

Adrien Brodie (at least I think it was him) did a good job of acting. At the end of the movie when he was actually 'playing' the piano, I never once thought that it was just film trickery, he was that convincing.

Has anyone here ever watched a movie called "Europa, Europa"?

Has anyone here ever watched a movie called "Europa, Europa"?

the one you constantly yelled "You freaking euro liberals!" and ended up shooting the DVD into pieces? tounge_o.gif

Heh, waddaya know, I'm going to have to watch this in a week or two for a "Film and Multiculturalism" class.