Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Ch-53e superstallion

@ July 09 2003,00:16)]Please guys, stay on topic. I don't want this thread to get closed down; so we would know when Scorpio releases the fixed CH-53's

i agree with him

lets wait an see.

I was at MCAS Futenma in Okinawa this weekend and saw this baby in the flesh...and it is HUUUGE. Surprisingly the Chinook was nowhere near as big as OFP led me to believe.

Took some awesome pics as well that will make it onto the BAS CH-53

SWEET! biggrin_o.gif

Scorpio from the USMC mod released his beautiful CH53E Beta 1.1. Please remember that it's a beta. If you want to have more information, just take a look into the official forum, into this thread or visit the USMC mod page. Features:

- Standard grey paintscheme

- Jungle camo version

- Retractable gear

- AN/ALE-39 Chaff and Flare

- AN/AAR-47 Audio Warning System

- Openable back ramp

- Openable Cockpit Windows

- Rotor Downwash

- Bullet holes from damage

- Some BAS special effects scripts

- Holds 37 passengers + Crew

Bug Fixes for v1.1

- Gearup sound error: fixed

- Ability to walk in cargo: added

- Incorrect Handling: fixed

- Jungle camo LOD textures: fixed

- Invulnerable fire: fixed

- Bullet hole textures: added

- Top body shape: fixed

- Auxillery engine: added

- Engine sound: fixed

- Demo mission: added

- Rotor blur: fixed

- 3rd person distance: fixed

You MUST have your LOD settings on highest. Otherwise you'll have no interior,ect. if you're on second+ LOD and the chopper will look very incorrect in terms of detail.

DOWNLOAD ch-53e by Scorpio [8.99 Mb]

Comments: 3

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

Edit thank god not many people are on right now.

I see someone got a little too happy with the ol' cut n' paste from the ofp.info site. ROFLMAO!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

MEH! I'M MAD!!! THE FILE ON THE DOWNLOAD THINGY FOR THE CH-53 IS A ECA_IEGF4u mad_o.gif Argh I'm angry crazy_o.gif

Finally ...the drunkin pig turns into a clydesdale  biggrin_o.gif ...sturdy , dependable...and a bit slow in nature..hahah...i likes it  smile_o.gif

Testing this baby out now hehe.  Looking great.

Ok found a bug for ya. On Jungle version Open windows does nothing, doesn't even change the option to close windows. And on the regular version I didn't see anything hapen when I chose open windows other then the option changing to close windows.

Hmm there are strange Bugs with the postion's (downwash, burning script not placed right), then I can run trough the chopper at some places.

Then there is something messed up with the fire geo lod. hmm I'm a bit disappointed. But the handling is really much better now. At least that is positive smile_o.gif

i saw the mail call which introduced marine ch-53e last week, and i learned many infomation about this chopper from the program.  Will scorpion be interesting to make a ch53e with a .30cal and add open/closeable "hellhole" in the cargo area in next version? biggrin_o.gif

well as far as the gun..it's a 50 cal and yes...that is going to be added, from what Scorpio has told me. Now for the hellhole..I would love to see it added...right now we are in the early stages of beta testing this thing so much is to be added...not all of our secrets are coming out...if they did then there would be nothing to look forward to wink_o.gif

Now I tested it and there seems to be quite a problem with it!

First I double checked if I got the new .pbo in my addons directory because the texes and the model look like pre alpha stage. The dust effect is there and the improved handling too, so it definately IS the correct version. Most prolly there must be something about the LODs as what I get to see looks like a 3.500 or 5.000 LOD. My OFP settings are set the way I can see any new high quality addon in full LOD (0.000 that is).

What's wrong with the new superstallion? Anyone else experienced this?

If somebody finaly told me how to post pictures INTO the board (below 100K) I would show you some screens.

cheers

Remember this is a public Beta...hence the word Beta. The only reason we made it a public Beta is for you to see the progress and get a chance to give us CONSTRUCTIVE comments. The LOD problems are being worked on and have been improved from the previous version 10 fold. In the begining of this post it states that the textures are just temorery for now, Grimesy will be designing new ones with Scorpio.

Hmm...actually you may be encountering fuzzy textures and model either because you havn't put your OFP LOD settings to highest (No not in the Options, but in the OFP Preferances program)... or the textures maybe fuzzy because you ALT+TAB out of the game and then come back in encountering very blurry textures - and this aint just on my stallion, its on all addons - some of which you don't exactly notice.

Ok well here's a few thing's I'd like to fix/add in the final version...

- Fix all bugs and hopefully not make new ones biggrin_o.gif

- When the script position bug is fixed, I can make a cargo system for the chopper, and also fast roping, ect.

- New sidedoor

- .50cal in the sidedoor

- Possibly new textures

- New cockpit

And umm.. I can't think of some more, but you guys can suggest if you want to. smile_o.gif

the ability to walk inside as right now all that happens is u sink in to te floor such a pitty as the back ramp opens and all

- Maybe a blackop? (more camoshemes ? )

- A m130(gatling) in the sidedoor biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

- Cabin nightlight

- a "GO go go" light

Can´t think of more! crazy_o.gif

Damn guys help me

wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

the ability to walk inside as right now all that happens is u sink in to te floor such a pitty as the back ramp opens and all

try not kneeling tounge_o.gif

- Maybe a blackop? (more camoshemes ? )

- A m130(gatling) in the sidedoor biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

- Cabin nightlight

- a "GO go go" light

Can´t think of more! crazy_o.gif

Damn guys help me

wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

How bout you be happy with what you got? wink_o.gif It's already a very good addon smile_o.gif

- A m130(gatling) in the sidedoor

It's M134 actually wink_o.gif

You can´t walk in cargo properly.

I think the handling problems are still there, but now it´s flyable thumbsup.gif

And I found one strange bug: If you stand in front of the chopper and shoot a bit to the right, under the rotor anyhow, your bullet connects in thin air and eats at the chopper´s armor.

And maybe you could remove the "open window" command since it only fills up the action menu and doesn´t serve any useful purpose?

Really looking forward to the REAL next version. smile_o.gif

Yeah, hehe... I'll take away the open window command.

Oh and about shooting into the chopper armour - the Geometry and Fire Geometry models are both different, (they're supposed to be, since thats the way to do addons if you dont want a load on your CPU) So at some places the geometry will be bigger than the fire geo - I'll see what I can do anyway.. no big problem.