Sign in to follow this  
Scorpio

Ch-53e superstallion

yeah but I can shoot trough the middle of the shopper with LAWs. I encountered the same problem with my own chopper. I have a fire geo in place there but I can shoot trough. I'll tell you when I can solve it.

Kool - thats a very strange bug, though... maybe its something to do with the Components? Anyhow, I'll leave it to you.

Yeah, hehe... I'll take away the open window command.

Oh and about shooting into the chopper armour - the Geometry and Fire Geometry models are both different, (they're supposed to be, since thats the way to do addons if you dont want a load on your CPU) So at some places the geometry will be bigger than the fire geo - I'll see what I can do anyway.. no big problem.

Thanks. smile_o.gif

- Maybe a blackop? (more camoshemes ? )

- A m130(gatling) in the sidedoor biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

- Cabin nightlight

- a "GO go go" light

Can´t think of more! crazy_o.gif

Damn guys help me

wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

How bout you be happy with what you got?  wink_o.gif  It's already a very good addon  smile_o.gif

Yea its a verry nice addon and cool to so i agree with you in that but: scorpio asked "US" to come up with new ideas for improvemend and make it better then ever so there is no point then to say: How bout you be happy with what you got? wink_o.gif It's already a very good addon smile_o.gif : Right wink_o.gif

- Cabin nightlight

- a "GO go go" light

Damn guys help me

wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

LOL.. I tell you what man...the day they start using a CH53E for Black Ops I'll be amazed...LOL This thing is to big and to loud bro. The closest it will ever get is SpecOps.

Remember this is a public Beta...hence the word Beta. The only reason we made it a public Beta is for you to see the progress and get a chance to give us CONSTRUCTIVE comments. The LOD problems are being worked on and have been improved from the previous version 10 fold. In the begining of this post it states that the textures are just temorery for now, Grimesy will be designing new ones with Scorpio.

keep cool mate!  smile_o.gif

I tryed to be constructive. (Not beeing constructive would be posting something like "...the addon sucks" or not posting at all).

It might have helped a lot if you guys would have posted some screens for how this chopper should look like on someones computer. This is why I can't tell if it's just in a very early stage of making (i can't see any ramp and can look through the whole thing from rear to front) or if there's anything wrong with the LOD display.

As far as my PC and my configuration is concearned, every thing is fine.

- Cabin nightlight

- a "GO go go" light

Damn guys help me

wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Well i am not scorpio but i can awnser your ideas and maybe scorpio will add them you never know what he does wink_o.gif .

- Cabin nightlight

- a "GO go go" light

1: well its posible but not reallistic and i dont think Scorpio whants that right wink_o.gif ( just read Dragons post about it )

2: the M134 is a good weapon on it but i like to see a .50 caliber on it

3: Well i dont see the use for the Cabin night light because

1: This takes more scripting and work time and "MAY" take more CPU up so result a slower PC if you use this addon.

2: Well if it was Flight simulator then i say: ok add it but this is no flight simulator so you dont need to press any buttons in the cockpit so there is not a use for the light right?

4: A GO,GO,GO (green/red)light is a good idea to make but again needs scripting and more time so its up to Scorpio what he adds and what he dont adds to it wink_o.gif .

Kool - thats a very strange bug, though... maybe its something to do with the Components? Anyhow, I'll leave it to you.

hmm it seems that the fire geometry can't hande complex structures. you need to make very basic structures. and close all sides so that is is one massive 3d object.

- Cabin nightlight

- a "GO go go" light

Damn guys help me

wink_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

LOL.. I tell you what man...the day they start using a CH53E for Black Ops I'll be amazed...LOL This thing is to big and to loud bro. The closest it will ever get is SpecOps.

well i saw a picture of a black ch53 (SOAR rock.gif )..like the Little birds..

Maybe the word Blackop whas false, more like, night extraction chopper  rock.gif

PS: where jsut some suggestions or ideas rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]well i saw a picture of a black ch53 (SOAR )..like the Little birds..

Maybe the word Blackop whas false, more like, night extraction chopper

PS: where jsut some suggestions or ideas

I think I know what you were looking at..it was probibly the MH53J Pavlow. They have a few models of black ones for SpecOps...they support Army SpecOps and Navy Seals. The MH53J is a modified CH53D with all sorts of Top Secret stuff inside...I almost got arrested a few years ago for walking to close to one that was on my flightline. The Airforce doesn't mess around when it comes to the pavlows.

Quote[/b] ]keep cool mate!

I tryed to be constructive. (Not beeing constructive would be posting something like "...the addon sucks" or not posting at all).

It might have helped a lot if you guys would have posted some screens for how this chopper should look like on someones computer. This is why I can't tell if it's just in a very early stage of making (i can't see any ramp and can look through the whole thing from rear to front) or if there's anything wrong with the LOD display.

As far as my PC and my configuration is concearned, every thing is fine.

We do have screenshots at the beginning of the release post in the [usmc updates thread]

The reason why I said what I did was because you were coming off in a sarcastic manner...If I took it the wrong way I apologize. You must also remember that Constructive also means to not just say whats wrong with it but to give your advice or opinion on the matter, like many of the posters here have...see where I'm coming from.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]Quote (Sxep @ July 23 2003,12:32)

- A m130(gatling) in the sidedoor

- Cabin nightlight

- a "GO go go" light

Can´t think of more!

Damn guys help me

Well i am not scorpio but i can awnser your ideas and maybe scorpio will add them you never know what he does .

- A m130(gatling) in the sidedoor

- Cabin nightlight

- a "GO go go" light

1: well its posible but not reallistic and i dont think Scorpio whants that right ( just read Dragons post about it )

2: the M134 is a good weapon on it but i like to see a .50 caliber on it

3: Well i dont see the use for the Cabin night light because

1: This takes more scripting and work time and "MAY" take more CPU up so result a slower PC if you use this addon.

2: Well if it was Flight simulator then i say: ok add it but this is no flight simulator so you dont need to press any buttons in the cockpit so there is not a use for the light right?

4: A GO,GO,GO (green/red)light is a good idea to make but again needs scripting and more time so its up to Scorpio what he adds and what he dont adds to it .

I like the idea of a cabin interior light but the Go Go Go light isn't realistic...mainly because it would interfere with the night vision goggles that the crew always wears at night. Thats why there isn't one in the real thing.

I'm a big fan of the 50. Cal...so thats my choice...great gun you don't even have to be dead on target...just shoot within 1 foot of a person and watch the shockwave shatter their bones and rip skin off wink_o.gif

I know this is way off topic but I remember someone mentioning door art for the CH53. Well below is a picture of my door art on my helicopter here is Hawaii, aircraft 71 HMH-463. Took me four hours to paint this.

Picture036.jpg

What do you guys think...

Yea really nice maybe they scorpio can add this to wink_o.gif and the pilot/gunner names: well can he use the random number script but then for the names but then its no Random name but:

If you are the Pilot then the name on the pilots side would be:

"name here"

and if you are the gunner the same happens but then on the other side.

and the A.I will get his own name.

Quote[/b] ]Marines don't fastrope out of their choppers anyway

that was the theory that was wrong  marines do fast rope as shown in the pics   As for the type of helo  the quote i had is an exert from a article i found on the internet  i you have to do is look and it will show that marines do in fact fastrope wink_o.gif

fastropelow.jpg

This picture here is from my squadron, HMH-463...I was on this helicopter when this fast rope excersize was being performed, as an acting crew member. This took place only a few months ago (february) during PIX Det to the Phillipines. I'm very suprised to see this, and very proud...LOL. This picture was taken by a friend of mine that is a Combat Photographer who went with us. I didn't know it was put on the USMC site. all the pictures he took were for the HMH-463 Pegasus website that I run.

To answer a few questions about fast rope. Yes you can fast rope from any version of CH53. The US Marines do infact fast rope from the CH53 and CH46. Note that to fast rope from any helo is a last resort insertion method. This is only done if there is no other way to land (I.E boat, hot LZ, ect.).

As this was just a training mission the marines didn't go in with gear, but when we inserted Marines in the field for actual combat missions we had to insert them by fast rope due to the terrain and combat conditions. No SEALs were there to clear the area this time and they had full gear on. It just depends on the situation on how they get inserted. The Marines that went to the Phillipines had many combat missions against the terrorist group MILF (no joking thats the name) and HMH-463 inserted them into most of the drop zones.

The Marines in the picture fastroping are from the 3rd Marine Regiment out of MCBH, Kaneohe Bay Hawaii.

Wow never thought I would be on the internet  biggrin_o.gif

I'm willing to bet this is either Charlie or Alpha 1/3. Kinda cool, but I'm in bravo so its definitely not us since we were off doing another security mission in the mideast at the time. by the way, the preference of inserting recon marines into an LZ are taught as being landing, rappelling, fastroping, and then finally SPIE rigging. SPIE of course being when you're rigged into the rope

Quote[/b] ]§5)Do not dig up old threads

Don't reply to old threads unless you have something significant to add. Threads that haven't received a reply for 2 months or more are considered old. Threads over 4 months old should not be revived without checking with a moderator first.