Theatre) we will have settings in Central Europe

and in Africa, all based in and around the 1970's. c

here's the whole email:

Breaking Flashpoint 2 news -

Just had some breaking news, once again, regarding

Operation Flashpoint 2. I thought I would send out

a little mail to those interested about it, as my

newsletter isn't due out for another week and I

just couldn't wait to tell everyone the good news.

So what is this news?confused.gif Well we have finally

decided to put everyone out of their misery and

tell them the locations of the new Theatres of

conflict. Yep you heard right, Theatres!!!

A lot of speculation has been thrown towards the

Vietnam Camp and yes, these rumours have been

partially correct, but on top of that (Vietnam

Theatre) we will have settings in Central Europe

and in Africa, all based in and around the 1970's.

More details will follow next week in the new

edition of CCC, including news on IGI 2's two new

maps, and Battlefield Command's Q&A Session with

the Senior Game Designer.

Check out the website at

http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint2

Mike

Michael Rowland

Community Liaison Officer

IGI2/Battlefield Command/Op Flashpoint

Codemasters

ccc@codemasters.com

The 70's ??

Damned, this is not good new at all for interesting weaponry ingame.

But Africa, sounds good to me smile.gif

i cant see anything new at the flashpoint2.com site confused.gif

this will be the coolest game ever tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ 08 May 2003,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Central Europe smile.gif maybe Switzerland<span id='postcolor'>

You mean BIS has purchased the Everon Cartel's Safe and Documents addon? wow.gif

AFRIKA(map)s YIPPIIIII: Sounds soooooo good.

biggrin.gif

Ups. Probably gonna have to upgrade my pentium3 800mhz 256ram 32 graphics card computer. with all those palms and stuff. bummer. confused.gif

OFP ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

why do they always link to flashpoint2.com... there is nothing there new!!! anyone?

From The Wargamer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Codemasters and Bohemia Interactive announced today the planned locations for their recently-announced sequel to Operation Flashpoint, Operation Flashpoint 2 (press release). The announcement is something of a surprise, as this is the first game in recent memory to focus on not one arena of combat, but actually three: Southeast Asia, Central Europe and Africa. The three zones of combat are centered around the 1970s and there are a number of distinct conflicts which occurred in that region at that time, most notably the Vietnam conflict. According to today's announcement, a major focus will in fact be on that conflict: "It’s also revealed that an important part of the main campaign will focus on events from the Vietnam war in late 60s, when US forces in South Vietnam numbered over half a million. Missions will see players engaging in solo action, commanding a squad, driving military vehicles, or taking to the air in authentic 'copters and planes. Weapons and military and civilian mobile units are being accurately modelled from period military data."

As for Central Europe and Africa in 1970, the two most relevant historical conflicts of the time were the 1968 invasion of Czechslovakia and the Cambodia civil war of the 1970s. On the other hand, developer Bohemia Interactive may choose to instead create a fictional set of related conflicts as they did with the original Operation Flashpoint. The previous game was set in 1985 on a set of former Russian islands, now sovereign, which had fallen under attack of the Soviet army by a rebel Russian general. That "flashpoint" theme is likely to repeat itself, although its unclear how Operation Flashpoint's storyline will link the three areas together.

Operation Flashpoint 2 (official web site) is scheduled for release in late 2004. The Wargamer will be on hand at the game's unveiling at this year's E3 exhibition next week.<span id='postcolor'>

If you guys are at all interested to know, many very interesting conflicts were occurring in Africa in the '70s - the Rhodesian War, the battle over Namibia (South Africa vs. Angolans, Cubans and terrorists) various other colonial battles (Mozambique - see the Colonial War mod) as well as all over North Africa with coups and terrorism.

I for one am super excited about this.

Edit: Some more speculation here, but I know several hundred Vietnam vets became mercenaries after the way, with many serving in the Rhodesian War (though they did not consider themselves mercenaries).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gummi @ 08 May 2003,20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do they always link to flashpoint2.com... there is nothing there new!!! anyone?<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmmm.......... maybe you need to clear your browser cache? confused.gif

I hope they make a fun game out of it. I know that theatres of operations in Vietnam may be fun, but what would be the story? The US lost the war, and it wasn't a very technological one. I rather see some evolutionary type game. Command and Conquer style with OFP feel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 08 May 2003,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gummi @ 08 May 2003,20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why do they always link to flashpoint2.com... there is nothing there new!!! anyone?<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmmm.......... maybe you need to clear your browser cache? confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

where do i do that?

Quoting Marek Spanel: "It’s also revealed that an important part of the main campaign will focus on events from the Vietnam war in late 60s"

"The game’s mission-based campaigns will take gamers through fictional conflicts based upon authentic events during the years around 1970."

Not exacly what I had in my mind, I actully want to get rid of all the backflashes, crazy.gif - There is to many games that got WorldWar2, Vietnam theme.. If they should select any backflash theme.. Why not take in GulfWar Crisis exampel (there is not many of that theme.. Hmmm I just know 1 game for that theme.. Lets see what more themes there are for recenlty crisis in the world shall we... ?!

Central Europe? Could that mean that the Czechs in BI are planning to make us remake history by halting the Soviet incursion in 1968? Could be the most probable scenario.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ 08 May 2003,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From The Wargamer

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Codemasters and Bohemia Interactive announced today the planned locations for their recently-announced sequel to Operation Flashpoint, Operation Flashpoint 2 (press release). The announcement is something of a surprise, as this is the first game in recent memory to focus on not one arena of combat, but actually three: Southeast Asia, Central Europe and Africa. The three zones of combat are centered around the 1970s and there are a number of distinct conflicts which occurred in that region at that time, most notably the Vietnam conflict. According to today's announcement, a major focus will in fact be on that conflict: "It’s also revealed that an important part of the main campaign will focus on events from the Vietnam war in late 60s, when US forces in South Vietnam numbered over half a million. Missions will see players engaging in solo action, commanding a squad, driving military vehicles, or taking to the air in authentic 'copters and planes. Weapons and military and civilian mobile units are being accurately modelled from period military data."

As for Central Europe and Africa in 1970, the two most relevant historical conflicts of the time were the 1968 invasion of Czechslovakia and the Cambodia civil war of the 1970s. On the other hand, developer Bohemia Interactive may choose to instead create a fictional set of related conflicts as they did with the original Operation Flashpoint. The previous game was set in 1985 on a set of former Russian islands, now sovereign, which had fallen under attack of the Soviet army by a rebel Russian general. That "flashpoint" theme is likely to repeat itself, although its unclear how Operation Flashpoint's storyline will link the three areas together.

Operation Flashpoint 2 (official web site) is scheduled for release in late 2004. The Wargamer will be on hand at the game's unveiling at this year's E3 exhibition next week.<span id='postcolor'>

If you guys are at all interested to know, many very interesting conflicts were occurring in Africa in the '70s - the Rhodesian War, the battle over Namibia (South Africa vs. Angolans, Cubans and terrorists) various other colonial battles (Mozambique - see the Colonial War mod) as well as all over North Africa with coups and terrorism.

I for one am super excited about this.

Edit: Some more speculation here, but I know several hundred Vietnam vets became mercenaries after the way, with many serving in the Rhodesian War (though they did not consider themselves mercenaries).<span id='postcolor'>

North Africa is part of Africa. The Suez Canal is in North Africa...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Vietnam theme<span id='postcolor'> Vietcong..... and thats it.... I cant think of any other games of that sort.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">GulfWar Crisis <span id='postcolor'> Desert Conflict. Conflict:Desert Storm. These are just off my head. There are more, Im sure.

How many games feature 3 different historical campaigns?? None, bold undertaking by BIS, cant wait to play it.

Im even more confused and curious now biggrin.gif , 3 distinctive campaigns? how many islands, soldier models, vehicals, vegetation, houses, etc will we get? Will BIS be able to acomplish all this in such short time? Are all campaigns gonna be based on real life events? My dad was in colonial war in Angola, we were under dictature regime back then, so im really puzzled bout all this confused.gif , are they gonna mix reality and fiction in this game? It sounds BIG, perhaps too big... ill keep my faith considering how great they have done so far smile.gif .

Three theatres of combat in Operation Flashpoint 2 - 8.5.2003

Operation Flashpoint 2 will feature three different theatres of combat set in environments across Southeast Asia, Central Europe and Africa. Visit the official website at www.flashpoint2.com for more information.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 08 May 2003,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ 08 May 2003,20wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Central Europe smile.gif maybe Switzerland<span id='postcolor'>

You mean BIS has purchased the Everon Cartel's Safe and Documents addon? wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I don't understand confused.gif

Vladimir

BREAK OUT THE CHAMPAGNE! biggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gifcrazy.gif

I´m sorry for doubting you BIS, this will be the best game ever! A partial and fictional Nam part is A-OK with me!

And Central Europe...REV THOSE T72S UP! biggrin.gif

Phew...man, you made my day.

Of course...I hope you get everything right, with 3 different climates and multiple factions. But I have faith!