Sign in to follow this  
Sudan

Ofp2=1970's vietnam,africa,and cantral europe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ 09 May 2003,05:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is Christopher Walken going to be in OFP2? biggrin.gif

B00005O06P.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I like this idea of multiple theaters. As long as they're each given a good amount of complexity, such as weapons and vehicles for each setting.

My uneducated guess is that this is all going to involve Gastovski, in his early years. Or at least either a veteran turned special forces/agent, or otherwise some renegade mercenary guy. It even leads things open for Guba showing up on several occassions.<span id='postcolor'>

OFFTOPIC*:

One of my favourites books  smile.gif

Only bad thing on movie was the differences with book  confused.gif

Why UZI and not Schmeiser? etc

*) Sorry fo that

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That would be awesome.  Throwing back the entire Arab world (outnumbering you in armor at least 9 to 1) off of your doorstep and saving Israel... destroying the Syrians in the Golan Heights and beating the Egyptians back across the Sinai... (God, I hope I'm talking about the right war...)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeh, you got the war right... biggrin.gif   73' is a better choice than 67' because it wasn't so one sided.  Both sides had a good chance of winning.  The major drawbacks...  

1:  it won't "tie-in" to both european or african conflicts (although I cant think of any 60s-70s conflict that does)

2:  the air battle was mostly IAF jets shooting down EAF and SyRAF jets and Russian SA-6s shooting down israeli jets...

3:  The terrain (sinai) was too big (or rather open) for a game of flashpoint's kind.

The battle for the golan on the other hand was very intense, and featured some of the best combined arms demonstrations from both the syrians and the Israelis.  Tank hunter-killer teams prowling the mountainside while jets flew CAS. Plus, the golan heights do not look that different from Nogova  tounge.gif

golan_sub.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes yes this is more like it except that this time US wont stick its long nose in and Egypt and Syria get Russian tanks and then we play  <span id='postcolor'>

/rant

Ahem!  Syria and Egypt were the ones with the technological advantage throughout the first week of the war.  The US airlift, while providing israel with crucially needed supplies (and some say sattelitte recon as well) does not compare to the military aid the soviet union gave the Arab powers.  It was russian soldiers who manned the SA-6s that shot down 100 israeli planes and russian pilots who defended the skies over egypt. /rant

We have received news about the setting of OFP 2 after the E3 Video. We believe that OFP 2 will be set Vietnam (a obvious one), Parts of Africa and the Former Yugoslavia. The game should feature two main campaigns, one mainly with 'nam missions (and some Africa ones) and the other Campaign playing in Former Yugoslavia! The Vietnam mission will mainly be the America Vs Vietnam war, the African missions being rebel and gurilla type warfare and last will be Soviet type missions in Former Yugoslav Campaign.

The Yugoslav Vs Soviet war might be set in 1952 to 1954 and feature low scale fighting (i.e small missions, secret army, spying) since there wasnt no war between Former Yugoslavia and USSR. The fact was that Stalin, the USSR president didnt like the way Tito, the Yugoslav president was running into Capatilsm. So he wanted to invade Former Yugoslavia and Kill Tito and his govenring body. Tito said that he would defend his country, and Stalin didnt want to have another war just after WW2. Therefore the USSR had around 100 tanks, and 1000's of troops around the eastern side of Former Yugoslavia and had sanctions inflicted onto Former Yugoslavia. This lasted 10 years when Stalin died.

Lets hope OFP 2 does really become a great game, greater then number 1 and with more and more greater addons and features added onto it!!

source: OFPBase

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The editing man @ 21 May 2003,13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">source: OFPBase<span id='postcolor'>

Really? Sounds like this German GameStar article, which someone else already quoted here 5 days ago.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The editing man @ 21 May 2003,12:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Yugoslav Vs Soviet war might be set in 1952 to 1954 and feature low scale fighting (i.e small missions, secret army, spying) since there wasnt no war between Former Yugoslavia and USSR. The fact was that Stalin, the USSR president didnt like the way Tito, the Yugoslav president was running into Capatilsm. So he wanted to invade Former Yugoslavia and Kill Tito and his govenring body. Tito said that he would defend his country, and Stalin didnt want to have another war just after WW2. Therefore the USSR had around 100 tanks, and 1000's of troops around the eastern side of Former Yugoslavia and had sanctions inflicted onto Former Yugoslavia. This lasted 10 years when Stalin died.<span id='postcolor'>

Not very likely to be from '52 to '54, as BIS have already said the scenarios will be set in the years surrounding 1970, so going 16-18 years before then is a bit far back...

Would be kinda cool though, that way we'll get units from 2 different time-area's.

It all sounds really interesting, but also very speculative. There's really nothing to expect yet, besides the minor information that we've heared so far. We're probable way off on all accounts confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blake @ 14 May 2003,01:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

It would be stupid to have some uber-macho Gastowski jumping around Europe, Africa and Vietnam.<span id='postcolor'>

well, don't forget that he is a commando...I guess if BIS bring him back, it will be when he will beging or something