Sign in to follow this  
Goodspeed

Ofp 2 plot - it's about evil russia (or u.s.s.r.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ 03 May 2003,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bis is incapable of making a game without defaming someone, notably the evil russkies.

No offense, but one time, I started talking with a czech in english, who thought I was a pole. He was friendly enough, but when he learned I was russian, something in him switched, and he looked at me with loathing and went away with some half-arsed excuse.

When my dad was getting his american citizenship, he had a czech lady interview him. My dad said she looked at him like he was filth. When he said that he was a computer scientist in the Academy of Sciences, she instantly asked MULTIPLE times if he was in the KGB, or if he was in the communist party, and then she asked again if he was lieing or not, that he is under oath, etc etc. Thank god she finally let him become a citizen. The American person who was interviewing me cheerfully let me become a citizen after I passed some easy questions.

Seriously, no offense to any czechs, but after those two incidents, plus BISes attitude in OFP and res, I've gained a negative light towards them. sad.gifsad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I'm totaly agree with you, zverushka.

My acquaintance returned from Chez two month ago... And the things what I heard from her were shoked me. I wount start to discuss about them here, there is wrong place for it, but I fundamentaly changed my relations to Chez. I know there are no bad nations, there are only bad people, but when government conduct anti-russian policy what we should expect from simple people?...

Anyway, there is time for everything, let's see what they make it OFP 2, but I'm still ready to bet all my money on evil ruskies in main storyline.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> fundamentaly changed my relations to Chez<span id='postcolor'>I officially changed my relations to Czech after they won over Finland last Friday sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Polishdude @ 03 May 2003,01:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Listen to me, NATO can lose to any country no matter what weapons, or vechicles they have, just look at Vietnam, small country the NATO LOST!!! They may have won battles but they lost the war. NVA and VC didn't have a chance with their weapons and vechicles, yet they won  because of stragetic battles and great opprotunities on attacking the allied army. All I'm saying small country or not NATO has a still a chance of losing even now. It all depends on stragedy.<span id='postcolor'>

NATO did not participate in the Vietnam War.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 03 May 2003,11:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ 03 May 2003,02:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bis is incapable of making a game without defaming someone, notably the evil russkies.

No offense, but one time, I started talking with a czech in english, who thought I was a pole. He was friendly enough, but when he learned I was russian, something in him switched, and he looked at me with loathing and went away with some half-arsed excuse.

When my dad was getting his american citizenship, he had a czech lady interview him. My dad said she looked at him like he was filth. When he said that he was a computer scientist in the Academy of Sciences, she instantly asked MULTIPLE times if he was in the KGB, or if he was in the communist party, and then she asked again if he was lieing or not, that he is under oath, etc etc. Thank god she finally let him become a citizen. The American person who was interviewing me cheerfully let me become a citizen after I passed some easy questions.

Seriously, no offense to any czechs, but after those two incidents, plus BISes attitude in OFP and res, I've gained a negative light towards them. sad.gifsad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I'm totaly agree with you, zverushka.

My acquaintance returned from Chez two month ago... And the things what I heard from her were shoked me. I wount start to discuss about them here, there is wrong place for it, but I fundamentaly changed my relations to Chez. I know there are no bad nations, there are only bad people, but when government conduct anti-russian policy what we should expect from simple people?...

Anyway, there is time for everything, let's see what they make it OFP 2, but I'm still ready to bet all my money on evil ruskies in main storyline.<span id='postcolor'>

no wonder...we kicked Czech's butts and now they are trying to catch up by making computer games LOL (although good computer games biggrin.gif )

I can't wait to see "VietCong Hammer" where you start out as an NVA member but defect to the American side!!!  confused.gif

Yes, I can see it now: Dimitry L - sorry, Hang No, NVA special forces soldier, working for General Hu-ba, realises that fighting against the American invaders is wrong because Capitalism = l337 and Communism is for fags. Regime change in North Vietnam is the "right" thing to do!

Hang jumps on the nearest rickshaw and goes on a mass VC murdering spree, armed only with an AK47 and tins of Agent Orange lite.

When you complete the game, the Outro depicts North Vietnam covered in McDonalds fast food joints, with hang munching a burger, gaining weight and dieing of a heart attack aged 55.

This idea © Tracy_t. Now that I copyrighted the idea, this means BIS can't make this sort of game, thank Christ! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I officially changed my relations to Czech after they won over Finland last Friday <span id='postcolor'>

I was rooting for finland too sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gummi @ 03 May 2003,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">by the way, africa is not one country, neither is UN.

And i dont think OFP will look nice in somalia (BHD)<span id='postcolor'>

NO SHIT tounge.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.giftounge.gif

Did you leave your sense of humor in your other pants? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ 03 May 2003,00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bis is incapable of making a game without defaming someone, notably the evil russkies.

that reminds me of the way german speaking Czech population was kicked out of the country after WWII. confused.gif

but i think that the people working at BI forgot about the past where Germany and USSR were the bad guys and don't have any prejudice now. smile.gif

and come on people! use your brains and try to work out a story which doesn't offend anyone. wink.gif

Remember in CWC the russians in general weren't evil. Guba misused his power without the permission of the governement.

They could make it a double storyline...

You can choose on which side to play on, and the player can that way choose which side is going to win... wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ 03 May 2003,13:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

Opps, thats right. Well still America vs Vietnam still how could they lose hahahahahaha, embarassing. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ 03 May 2003,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Remember in CWC the russians in general weren't evil. Guba misused his power without the permission of the governement.<span id='postcolor'>

Riight...technically. This is mentioned 1 or 2 times and the rest of the time: "Comrade, douse those babies with gasoline! Oh and don´t forget to say "I hate American capitalists because I´m evil and USSR ownz j00" while you´re at it." wink.gif The only good Russian was in Red Hammer and that was made by Codemasters.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ 04 May 2003,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ 03 May 2003,19:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Remember in CWC the russians in general weren't evil. Guba misused his power without the permission of the governement.<span id='postcolor'>

Riight...technically. This is mentioned 1 or 2 times and the rest of the time: "Comrade, douse those babies with gasoline! Oh and don´t forget to say "I hate American capitalists because I´m evil and USSR ownz j00" while you´re at it." wink.gif  The only good Russian was in Red Hammer and that was made by Codemasters.<span id='postcolor'>

The good guy ? He was a f*cking traitor !!!

I think that OFP2 should be in 80s/90s and there must be 2 campaigns: one with holy US and another with holy Russians

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ 04 May 2003,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only good Russian was in Red Hammer and that was made by Codemasters.<span id='postcolor'>

Man!

Do you really think that Lukin was a good guy? Replay Red Hummer more carefully please smile.gif

He was cruel, little crazy, drunkard, who killed own teammates and betrayed own army.

And look at the russins in it? biggrin.gif Sometimes, It was truly funny to hear some dialogues in this campaign smile.gif It is immediately obvious that people who made it knew NOTHING about russians (soviets) and russian (soviet) army.

BTW. Have you ever played the game with good russians? You'll be long time to scratch one's head in search of good example smile.gif It's one of the big propaganda part.

You've got into the way of playing against evil ruskies. It's unimaginable for most of you to play against evil u.s. or britan, for example. But if you'll take a tour into the histroy you'll find more good reason for make them evil, more then soviets.

Tha games are going on to wash our brains. I know one guy who told me:

- What do you want?! It's just a game.

But I cant agree with such statement. It is absolutely wrong.

Is there anyone who do not agreed with me?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 04 May 2003,19:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But if you'll take a tour into the histroy you'll find more good reason for make them evil, more then soviets.<span id='postcolor'>

Ha!

There shouldn't be eny good vs. evil setting. There are good and bad on both sides. Soldiers are ordered into battle by the government whetever they wanted it or not so even if the leaders are evil the soldiers arent. Would be more realistic if it would be just normal guys with feelings fighting against each other 'cause they have to, not because they want to.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tamme @ 04 May 2003,21:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There shouldn't be eny good vs. evil setting. There are good and bad on both sides. Soldiers are ordered into battle by the government whetever they wanted it or not so even if the leaders are evil the soldiers arent. Would be more realistic if it would be just normal guys with feelings fighting against each other 'cause they have to, not because they want to.<span id='postcolor'>

Right, shouldn't be. But it is imposible to find a game without evil side in main storyline. The reasons what guided by developers can be various, but the basical are well known - incentive to increase profits (why such storyes are so popularity, it's another question) and detestation.

Mister 5

Smart enouth answer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 04 May 2003,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mister 5

Smart enouth answer.<span id='postcolor'>

A stupid statement necessitates a stupid reply.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ 05 May 2003,00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 04 May 2003,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mister 5

A stupid statement necessitates a stupid reply.<span id='postcolor'>

And what's stupid in it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 04 May 2003,23:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ 05 May 2003,00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 04 May 2003,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mister 5

And what's stupid in it?<span id='postcolor'>

He himself tounge.gif

Concerning CWC scenario I think no one excepted a Czech guy can understand the resentment Czech people had against Russia since what happened in the late 60. And it's a very bad taste behaviour to blame them for feelings we can't understand.

By the way i can't stand either how americans are always the good guys, but i think it'll never be possible to make them evil in a game , simply cause they can't handle/understand it.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope it's understandable enough

No its pretty good biggrin.gif

Yeah i want some Yanks to beat down but too bad russians and communism is used as a punching bag in the theme of every game crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecombat @ 04 May 2003,23:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 04 May 2003,23wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ 05 May 2003,00:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goodspeed @ 04 May 2003,19:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mister 5

And what's stupid in it?<span id='postcolor'>

He himself  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Holy crap! Ignorance abounds! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And it's a very bad taste behaviour to blame them for feelings we can't understand.<span id='postcolor'>

Feelings are very tricky sometime. Take for example 3 Baltic States. They are whining for last 40 years about USSR occupation. Now they want US to let them be part of occupation forces in Iraq. Go figure…

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ 05 May 2003,04:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And it's a very bad taste behaviour to blame them for feelings we can't understand.<span id='postcolor'>

Feelings are very tricky sometime. Take for example 3 Baltic States. They are whining for last 40 years about USSR occupation. Now they want US to let them be part of occupation forces in Iraq. Go figure…<span id='postcolor'>

Real hypocrites then i'd say crazy.gif