Sign in to follow this  
NKVD

Plzzz remove targeting system in ofp-2

Just wanted to let you know, targeting systems (all, target soldier 12 o'clock) - that is soo arcade.

No matter how hard you try to be stealthy, if you kill someone - commander can call you on target, and everyone will see your position - those damn yellow squares. That's frustrating at times. So unrealistic. All you can hear from your comrades - give targets, give targets, give targets....This is lame. It's like a radar cheat in Americas Army.

You don't have to remove it from game, just put an option to in OFP:2 server to disable targeting scripts/whatever in OFP:2 maps.

Another huge request - Make the mouse clicking in tank - disabled. I mean common, the guy in tank can click you in bush at 500+ distance and find you by simly clicking on you. This is very unrealistic.

Actually it isn't. Tanks have IIR cameras that'll see right THROUGH bushes.

And yes, I've worked with those systems so I can tell you yes, its true.

No, they won't see through a wall. But they WILL see through smoke, foliage and other light obstruction.

And the calling out of enemy positions is also realistic, with direction. Come on man, you expect to have a squad of 12 and not one member can report to you, enemy inf. 2 o'clock? Then you can't yell out all target enemy inf 2.?

I want it disabled, too!

I'd rather have a proper working night vision and support for thermalscopes (for addons) instead of this annoying lock-on. Show the the transport helicopter that can lock on infantry targets...

Don't get me wrong, I have nor problems with designating targets, but I have to see them in order to be able to designate them to my squad. For example, while you have your thermalscope activated, you can click-away the positions of (clearly visible) targets even in woods, etc.., but when this scope is not activated and you click at the very same spot, the target should not be revealed. Something like that.

The OFP lock-on can be heavily abused in multiplayer and leads to situations where players just randomly click across the horizon until they get a (at that time) not-visible enemy in brackets, which they then fight with a nice 120mm HEAT round. I mean, for me that's an experience like with space invaders. People should have to work for their score, but not like this. crazy.gif

Tanks have veery advanced sensors. I don't know that much about tanks, but I am pretty sure they have IR vision, NV, tracking systems and probably a bunch of other stuff.

Basically, tanks are the most advanced lump of metal used by ground forces.

And if this is not removed, you won't buy the game? Doesn't bother us, really.....

Yes, still they should have to USE that hightech to reveal and engage targets. In OFP for example, there is no distinctive seperation between tanks. They can all lock-on the same way. No if OFP2 will indeed be located in the middle third of the last century, tanks were glad to have nightvision then. There were no M1A2 Abrams around back then.

On the other hand, it still should be possible to create something like a thermal scope for advanced addons tanks, which clearly makes an M1A2 superior to an M48.

DONT PLAY ON CADET MODE, THEN IT GOES AWAY

The first poster is playing on cadet mode. If you don't play it on cadet mode, you don't get the big yellow boxes as infantry.

Actually you do, no matter if it´s cadet or veteran.

Really? Doesn't it depend on the server difficulty settings? Like Enhanced HUD or Auto Reporting?

Yes i think so, but feel free to correct me if im wrong.

if u are veteran the magic square appears only for a couple of seconds

Ok, fine.

No more yellow boxes.

Then why not we make it so that when the commander calls out a target, he clearly points at the direction of the target with his arm?

That would give it a MUCH more realistic feel. You would have to look at the direction he is pointing at.

It should be kept, and if you have everything disabled on vet mode, one of them should get rid of it altogether for you.

the only thing i hate the tag system is sometime the tag cover the enemy............... crazy.gif

the only one playing on cadet mode is you!

Even on veteran mode, you still see that yellow square. This is not realistic.

I mean if commander saw you, he is gonna tell (through chat) his comrades where that guy was shooting from . But yellow square is just unrealistic. It shows the exact location. Thats crap. And it really harms gameplay especially when you try to be stealthy. Eventually, OFP becomes same as Quake. Who will shoot faster, who will call target faster.

As far as tanks, I am not a fan of tanks, and never been in one.......so I really don't know what kind of high-tech stuff they got. Although it doesn't matter whether you in t54, m1a1,t80, mi24-17, bradley, UH60, Boat - if you click fast enough on screen you can "find" someone in bush like 500m away from you. That's bull!!

Yellow squares - that's an internal issues. Server can't regulate it. Only if you put specific function in the map itslef it won't show squares. All of your arguments about server's capability to turn off yellow square targeting would not be considered as truth until SUMA himself comes here and proves me otherwise.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX @ 02 May 2003,14:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you incapable of reading?  

THERE IS NO YELLOW SQUARE WITH PROPERLY SET UP SERVER <span id='postcolor'>

As long as the soldiers are in a group the yellow box will be there, in one way or another. The only way around this is by making every unit separate, ungrouped.

some way to drop the last satchel out of your inventory

trees that seem to become transparent to ai when they are knocked over (don't try using them for cover)

partially steerable parachutes

pop up menu commands programmable to keyboard or secondary usb keypad (switch weapon, get in driver...)

spec op cameras (all sorts)

improve radar and infrared if you don't turn on the engine you shouldn't show up for heat-seekers, likewise with radar if its off they shouldn't be able to lock up so easy

Air to air missiles and ability to select different loadouts. Not elaborate, just air to air or air to ground

ability to commandeer vehicles from ai units and civilians (warning shots?) without killing them.

severe in game penalty for team killing: offender taken out of action for a bit, or severe (emotional) injury

oh ya, and mimes

Init.sqs entry

enableradio false

[player] join grpnull

no more yellow boxes

but yes i agree,  there should be some simple command for PVP games that switches off the targeting system,  this is a requirement for Ladder maps

Obviously in Coop, SP missions, you would want them on

I think the option On or OFF is far better than, Default OFF or ON with the inability to switch,  and can u seriously expect all server owners and admins to get everything right 100% of the time, i think not