Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Faklands mod beta sea harrier release

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DKM-jaguar @ 27 April 2003,12:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Ash] @ 27 April 2003,01:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DKM-jaguar @ 27 April 2003,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">YAY!

well anyway. GR3 was operated by the Army air corps, was it not? I thought that the interceptor missions were carried out by naval aircraft while the ground attack was concentrated on by the GR versions? am i wrong? How many GR versions were used?

Do you get bored of people asking you questions?  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The GR3 was actually operated by the RAF during the Falklands War for ground attack missions... It was armed with twin SNEB rocket pods and a handful of Mk82 bombs

HOWEVER....

The Sea Harrier (air superiority fighter - remember it WAS 1982!wink.gif was used in the initial bombing runs on Port Stanley during the first stages of the war (Just after the famous Black Buck operation) We had no F4 Phantoms out there due to the logistics and the size of the carriers) was operated by the Fleet Air Arm squadron of the Royal Navy - thus the RN insignia on the SH.

wink.gif

For more information have a look at this fantastic site:

Britains Small Wars Harrier Page<span id='postcolor'>

I wondered wether they had put any F4's on that place, i could not remember. If they had, what would a mirage vs Fantom be like in outcome? i think that the Harrier was probably more suited to ground attack alhough its slower speed helped it to maintain long attacks in one pass, it also made it more vulnerable to small arms and SAMs. Would it have been diferent to have F4s around?

Had they started getting rid of the proper carreirs by then? its a shame, seeming as the UK had a good naval fleet.  sad.gif

But i suppose the lack of boats kept the viallge people from finding [and dancing on them]  biggrin.gif  [joke!]

And i dont know if this was answered in the above explanation by Col klink, but can you do anything about the slow down speed at corners? i dont know any real figures but i am sure that the harrier will not loose so much power in a simple bank.<span id='postcolor'>

erm the harrier is fast enuff. who can hit a target in a supersonic bombing run

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">erm the harrier is fast enuff. who can hit a target in a supersonic bombing run <span id='postcolor'>

How about a B-1 Spirit flightcrew?  tounge.gif

L8R,

TopCover

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TopCover @ 15 May 2003,00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">erm the harrier is fast enuff. who can hit a target in a supersonic bombing run <span id='postcolor'>

L8R,

TopCover<span id='postcolor'>

The B-2 is the Spirit, the B-1 is the Lancer, however AFAIK it was made for low level subsonic bombing runs, which is why it has wings that have changable geometry (which means more manouverability at low speed and less drag at supersonic speeds), it also lacks stealth capabilities, its not so fast it can outrun the interceptors/missiles a la SR-71, so the idea was for it to slip under radar, and seeing as it can only go Mach .92 at 500 feet, I'd say low level supersonic bombing runs are out of the question smile.gif

Got me there on the lancer/spirit mix up! On the other hand LOW LEVEL bomb run wasnt mentioned wink.gif

L8R,

TopCover

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TopCover @ 15 May 2003,06:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Got me there on the lancer/spirit mix up! On the other hand LOW LEVEL bomb run wasnt mentioned  wink.gif

L8R,

Well, thats the B-1B's main role...If its high level the B-52 is more suited when theres no danger of SAM's as it carries more, or the B-2 if there is a danger of SAM's.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TopCover @ 15 May 2003,00:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">erm the harrier is fast enuff. who can hit a target in a supersonic bombing run <span id='postcolor'>

L8R,

a non successful attempt at pissing on my bonfire

cant even get the name of the plane right

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">erm the harrier is fast enuff. who can hit a target in a supersonic bombing run <span id='postcolor'>

Erm the harrier isnt a supersonic aircraft,.........

Guest DKM-jaguar

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ 15 May 2003,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">erm the harrier is fast enuff. who can hit a target in a supersonic bombing run <span id='postcolor'>

Erm the harrier isnt a supersonic aircraft,.........<span id='postcolor'>

Is that enough piss to put it out, nolips? hahaha!!

i mean, it is loosing too much speed in banking, the real thing would not loose so much speed. this is simple a game fault and not the problem of the FLK mod team, as they are a skilled bunch. biggrin.gif

plus they are making british kit... which earns my vote!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KEVBAZ @ 15 May 2003,20:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">erm the harrier is fast enuff. who can hit a target in a supersonic bombing run <span id='postcolor'>

Erm the harrier isnt a supersonic aircraft,.........<span id='postcolor'>

never said it was.... i was saying it didnt need to be

Wait, wait, wait.... in a dive the Harrier can go supersonic!!! HA!!!

smile.gif

Alright alright.... so anyways... any news on when we might see new versions with the enhanced VTOL scripting and maybe some rocket pods and/or bombs?

I'm having alot of fun with the current version as part of a strike package with the RAF Bucaneer and Jaguar aircraft!

But one in attack configuration would really be sweet!

Chris G.

The next version of the harrier is most probably going to be in the final download with the mod, the harrier was never going to be released publicly, but we thought we would be nice and let you have a beta of one of the versions

when you release it in your final mod can you make some kind of method to control at slow speeds in VTOL and get rid of the annoying bleep.

Annoying bleep will be gone. It will be replaced by an annoying blinking light smile.gif

Several VTOL options are being trialled at the moment. Hopefully by the time the mod is released the VTOL issue will be resolved and a happy medium (not the drunken clairvoyant type) will be reached. In the meantime other mod aircraft and helicopters are being worked on.

One thing that made me wonder though, why does the plane fall to the ground when i am pressing both the "up" key and the forward key, then i deavctivate VTOL? Any tips on flying with the VTOL?

By the way great work FLK biggrin.gif

when i VTOL and you are in the air get some speed up (still in VTOL) and when you are going fast enough deactivate it and you will keep on flying. biggrin.gif

hmz does any one knows how to add that rocket chair ( eject chair ) to a other addon like add it to a jeep or some thing thxns smile.gif