Sign in to follow this  
TaNK_Em

Animations

ani_2.jpg

Have something like these and vary them.

This pic is from Caucasus mod, i don't think they can walk like this or die like this, just stand. Make all animations so that you can still die, such as when a soldier is standing at attention, he can't be killed.

Hey, chewing the gum could steady your shot. Smoking could too. Also, throw in some variety to the animations like at ease, make it change every once in awhile so it doesn't always look the same.

You guys have hit all that is needed to be added into ofp animations.

Carrying injured soldiers (sticking them over your shoulder)

Hand signals (Move foward, targets 3 oclock ect)

Better motion capture on all movements (walking, crawling saluting)

Small animations while unit is static (drinking from flask, adjusting backpack ect)

Entering and exiting vehicles (door is opened you sit down and close door)

Opening doors of houses (reaching for handle and opening then closing)

Ability to peek around corners

Moving while crouching

Better death sequences (ie getting shot in certain areas gives you that animation)

More animations when injured (limps, inability to use injured parts of body)

Climbing options (over walls, up trees)

Jumping ability (either to jump over small objects, or to jump down into a prone possition to dive into cover)

Rolling left or right

Reloading clips (clips are really taken out of the gun and replaced with new ones)

Just some main ideas compiled into this post.  With them options it will boast major improvements into the feel of the game.  Giving it a more realistic feel to it

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (gameworx @ 07 May 2003,02:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I want more animations like the following (to make the game more lively):

- smoking a cigarette

- drinking from a canteen

- sleeping

- carrying a wounded

- playing a card game

- carrying an ammobox (or something else)

- using a radio

- taking off helmet and wipe off sweat

- chewing a bubblegum (and kick ass tounge.gif)

- eating

- relieving himself (like in Hitman) crazy.gif

- ...<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, more life to the soldiers! And the Civilians aswell!

Underhand lobs of hand grenades, and ability to toss a grenade around a corner (or through a window or doorway.)

Ability to raise a weapon over a berm or wall while lying prone behind it and fire blindly at the enemy. (This happens a lot in real warfare).

Realistic PLF's for airborne insertions.

Assistant machine gunners who feed the ammo belt into the gun. The ability to flip the gun open and insert a new belt.

Cocking motion prior to firing a heavy machine gun. Hell, cocking motions on all weapons for that matter!

Sitting on one's helmet or pack.

Tossing off a pack in heavy combat.

Grabbing at the injured area and more pain animations for the wounded.

Sleeping animations.

Something basic I'd like to see is soldier turning animations when using the mouse. As it is now you hit either the default X or C, or Del/End keys and you see a "real" turning animation. When you turn with the mouse, your soldier "spins". crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Crassus @ 20 May 2003,22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Something basic I'd like to see is soldier turning animations when using the mouse. As it is now you hit either the default X or C, or Del/End keys and you see a "real" turning animation. When you turn with the mouse, your soldier "spins". crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

True! This must be changed.

Same with the ability to "float" 360 degrees in less then a second when in prone position. You should have to crawl to turn around.

we need more weapon animations. OFP has only 3 animations, one for rifles, one for handguns, and one for shoulder launched weapons. we need more animations for a better variety of rifles. one standard animation for M16/AK74 and maybe some extra animations for SMGs and bullpup rifles. the addonmakers can then decide what kind of animations they take in the config of their addons.

and please... make better animations for the hands! biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

the hands need first better models I think!They are the ugliest hands I`ve ever seen in a game!

About the animations..I agree with all of you guys..The enter the car animation should be like in GTA imo...But I am not worring very much frin what I`ve seen from bistudio.com it looks like they dedicated much time for the most complex motion capturing ever to be seen in a game...

LOL.Amen to that, quiksanD! crazy_o.gif

Honestly, and for me, it detracts from the feeling of immersion to see those bear claws. I hope the graphics upgrade includes better mating of hand(s) and weapons....

Agreed!

I also think there should be a real Re-load animation!

like taking out the magazine and replacing it!

almost like America's Army game where you could also fix a jam! but yes better hands please!

also some better animations when your sitting in a chopper or truck. smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif great ideas i hope they find their way into the game

OFP2 is gonna rock!!!! biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

also an animation for cleaning your weapon would be good. The original M16 was about as prone to a jam as the old SA80 unless it was thouroughly cleaned atleast every 2 days in vietnam

Great idea but im stil waiting for the ability to use your own gun and shoot out of a bmp or a heli or tuck (it can be easily dune in a bmp forexample 7 gunner positions but the prob is

that they need to make a anemation for siting gunner biggrin_o.gif

and i hate men entering a APC's treu the side or whitout opening the door they should bind the door script and entering or somting but now why should i have a open door

and close door script if i can enter whitout tuching the car  mad_o.gif

I don't know if this is animational subject but anyway.... Soldiers should be blown in a parts when mortar or something hits near them.

This feature could be set ON/OFF in Core-settings.

Long thread, hope this message gets read though...

Animations are IMO something that makes a difference between good game and great.

I wrote like a year ago to these forums and wished for a little bit more realistic and at the same time more practical animations.

Peeking around corners got mentioned a lot already but also peeking above objects (rocks, etc..) is a must.

Animation speed is a pain in the butt in some animations. Say, your going prone when somebody starts to shoot you: there might be an "emergency dive" with eg. 1 sec penalty when you can't move, for landing too hard.

In short I'd like to see animations that are useful in action.

About the animations..I agree with all of you guys..The enter the car animation should be like in GTA imo...But I am not worring very much frin what I`ve seen from bistudio.com it looks like they dedicated much time for the most complex motion capturing ever to be seen in a game...

I agree. There are really only 2 different ways to get into a vehicle - the side or the roof. This means that they only need 2 new animations and some intermediate ones maybe so it can be adjusted depending on the height of the vehicle.

This means to mount the driver side of a Truck you'd need a climb, door open, get in, door shut, sit animation and the climb could be variant on the height. For mounting in the back it would probably be similar to the armoured vehicles where you'd need a climb and then a kneecrawl animation.

I am sure BIS get the point (prob well before this thread) and I look forward to their animations.

I think BIS should look at the MAFIA game... it has very good animations...

Mafia has proper animations for getting in/out vehicles, you can stick your gun out the window whilst driving etc...

Another important feature that has been mentioned is the ones for injuries and injured people. There should be one for stretchering the injured person, and a better one for the medic healing them. I also think its a little strange how a badly injured soldier can go to Med Tent and heal himself... no sign of a proffesional medic to deal with gun shot wounds...

Also if car car wheel is hit as your driving along, it could fall off. This could apply for tanks. When hit by a LAW or something, the track could break and the tank has limited movement.

Gun Animations are important as people have said, like reloading where you actually see the clip fall out and the guy sticking a new one in. Also different positions for holding guns... like switch hands for left/right. i.e. looking around a corner, if you try looking at the left side of a building, more of your body is exposed.

This is just my opinion though... wink_o.gif

Waterman. smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

GREAT IDEAS

smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

i hope BIS is reading i will for shure buy the game

if it had more anemation like MAFIA and Gost recon

mixed whit Americas Army (i love hand commands biggrin_o.gif )!

ghost_screen001.jpg

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I just want to be able to stand with my gun at the hip like the rest of my squad instead of always looking down the sights. Doesn't that annoy anyone else?

Perhaps a submenu. I.E. Choose Anims from the action menu, and from there you can pick what you want to be doing.

OFP 2 definately needs a LOT more animations.  For the first-person part of it, I'd like to see all the abilites you had in Vietcong.  Peek above, lean left/right.  The only thing Vietcong didn't have was roll left/right. (when prone) And yes, I agree wounds should be modeled better.  I'd really like to see disemberment.  You catch a frag grenade close and you're gonna lose an arm/leg or be ripped apart at the torso.  Also, when you get hit with large rounds (20mm or 30mm) your body parts and head go flying.  (Remember Saving Private Ryan?)  If you take a .50 BMG to the face, you don't just get a blodied up head.  You head goes sailing across the battlefield, usually in about a thousand pieces.  Not exactly an animation matter, but realistic blood would be nice.  Splattering on walls and forming pools on the ground and such.

There's a simple rule in gaming. THE MORE ANIMATIONS, THE BETTER THE GAME.  The running animation need to be better and there need to be more of them.  It's really awkward to run sideway or diagnally and shoot.  Makes it really hard to move tactically.  Also, you need to be able to interrupt actions.  Like if your reloading a magazine and you come under fire, you have to wait until you finish reloading before you can run, duck, or even turn to face the enemy.  You should be able to reload while running, or duck while reloading.  Hope this stuff makes it into the game.  OPF was loved because of its accurate portrayal of combat.   This would make it so much better still...

Great idea: (not sure it falls strictly under animations)

Dynamic fire effects! Like in postal 2, where gasoline caught fire and people burned. Molotov cocktails! Also, exploding vehicles should burn a while. The turrets of tanks should blow 50 ft. into the air when hit with a hellfire. Now the tanks just crumple and turn a charred color. There should be crumpling only where the tank was hit or where any secondary explosions occured. Also, charring should only occur where the tank is on fire. (Engine, turret, fuel tank)

1) choose a topic, dont post the same thing twice please.

2) Thats a symptom of the way OFP does modelling of vehicles. If you wanted all that stuff, you'd have to have hugely (impossibly) complex models.

Don´t know if someone posted this allready, but

how about BIS ditching the motion capture tools and doing the animations themselves, perhaps most of you played Splinter cell? Well i think it had pretty good animations, and they were done by hand. But of course you can make great animations with motion capture too, if it´s in the right hands i guess. rock.gif