Sign in to follow this  
InQUisiToR

High detail weapons

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ April 16 2003,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">May I ask where you got the http://people.freenet.de/klingonen9999/pics/mp5-1.jpg from? was it made by Lonewolf? If so, that's a personal friend of BlackDeath of Tales of War and we had ofp-exclusivity on it... looks like it..

http://jahve.tacticalblunder.com/other/mp5sd.jpg

Original image<span id='postcolor'>

I believe that that MP5 was made by Bad Karma (he makes weapon hacks, thats why the MP5 has so many things on it), not by LoneWolf.

Great conversion

For people interested by great quality weapons models , and "hack-jobs", take a look at http://www.weapon-hacks.com

I think the CS original models you see converted for OFP are from there, lot of great works from talented modelers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (silent_64 @ April 16 2003,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes they DO look geat... But do look like the weapons in the SJB Special Reaction Team.... SRT pack. Don't know if they are the same but the m4's look the same, and the mp5's look the same!<span id='postcolor'>

The reason they look the same, is because we probably got them from the same source. The SRT M4 and MP5 are both CS Imports. Who ever said that MP5 was made by Bad Kharma is correct (if it is the same base as I used).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ April 16 2003,21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jahve @ April 16 2003,19:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">May I ask where you got the http://people.freenet.de/klingonen9999/pics/mp5-1.jpg from? was it made by Lonewolf? If so, that's a personal friend of BlackDeath of Tales of War and we had ofp-exclusivity on it... looks like it..

http://jahve.tacticalblunder.com/other/mp5sd.jpg

Original image<span id='postcolor'>

I believe that that MP5 was made by Bad Karma (he makes weapon hacks, thats why the MP5 has so many things on it), not by LoneWolf.<span id='postcolor'>

hmm. looks wewwy like themselves then

Ingame Screens

M4SOPMODingame.JPG

M4SOPMODwNewSight.jpg

MP5SDingame.JPG

MP5SDwNewSight.JPG

All these weapons i made are for replacing the existing weapons in Flashpoint and in the BAS_Weaponpack.

First i made them for personally use only. But they are good to release them to public.

But there is a big problem: to many different Authors of weaponmodels and textures. (the M4 SOPMOD is made from 6 different models) I can not ask all Autors for permission.

The only way is to release the Weapons without any permission, but this is a bad way.

(Sorry for bad english)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InQUisiToR @ April 17 2003,12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First i made them for personally use only. But they are good to release them to public.

But there is a big problem: to many different Authors of weaponmodels and textures. (the M4 SOPMOD is made from 6 different models) I can not ask all Autors for permission.

The only way is to release the Weapons without any permission, but this is a bad way.

(Sorry for bad english)<span id='postcolor'>

I would say release biggrin.gif

You mention them in the readme and say "sorry" later wink.gif

Is that really what an ACOGS reticle looks like?

Ive seen some images of the actual acogs reticles and they are smply one verticle hair going about 1/3 of the way up maybe more with an illuminated dot ,triangle or cross. The one you have just looks like the BAS one .Which looks like the actual G36 reticle, but with a wierd target pasted on. confused.gif

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ April 16 2003,19wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how many polygons?<span id='postcolor'>

erm, he just said...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Faces:

M16: 1204

M4/M203: 1837

M4/Scope: 1971

M4 SOPMOD: 2129

MP5 Aimpoint: 2031

<span id='postcolor'>

Albeit faces are slightly different than polygons, but similar, just different naming/counting of the faces...<span id='postcolor'>

Even more important for such a poly-count: how many LODs are there ?

Since their just imports, I would guess there are no lods, except possibly a very low lod. No 5-8 lods. Just a guess.

These look good, especially the MP5. But i would like to see the weapons from Raven-Shield converted to OFP. The Textures on them are awesome. Keep up the good work.

The weapons in Raven Shield are only half models, they have only rendered what you see, so there is no trigger, stock or even magazines on the bullpups, also they are mostly one sided. The textures are nice, Ive used some on my newest version of my Barrett M82, the only trouble is converting the gif to a pac as it degrades the quality a bit, but it still looks good. I might redo my WA2000 with the Raven Shield textures.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InQUisiToR @ April 17 2003,12:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All these weapons i made are for replacing the existing weapons in Flashpoint and in the BAS_Weaponpack.<span id='postcolor'>

OK, now theres a problem, altering the BAS files and then releasing them without permission is not permitted, mainly for the reason that we like to keep the addons centralized at our site so it is easier to update, with several different versions this becomes harder, i would suggest just making the weapons and then either make them be put on BAS soldiers(which would require the bas d/r to work obviously), or just on normal BIS soldiers so that mission makers can assign them to whoever they want...

Edit: About the ACOG sight, there are several reticle options:

trijicon_acog_reticle_options.jpg

I believe InQUisiToR is using Earls from the SR-47/74 addon, however, as Earl has admitted he made a mistake, the target outline shouldnt be there, like this:

tacogreticle.jpg

looks verry good,but convert weapon can do everybody wink.gif

what about create own weapon?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">InQUisiToR Posted on April 17 2003,12:31

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All these weapons i made are for replacing the existing weapons in Flashpoint and......i made them for personally use only <span id='postcolor'>

Plz release them to public.

i want those damn CAR-15's so bad with the lights.. cuzz the Delta's from BHD used em and its annoying using m4's in ugly desert textures.... these car15's are beatuty's i just hope the sound is good, or atleast better than BAS's.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InQUisiToR @ April 18 2003,09:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

Stop teasing us <<<InQUisiToR>>> biggrin.gif

While you are at it, please throw in some MP5 versions too. biggrin.gif

As a maker of M24 Sniper Weapon System addon I would like to comment the rifle shown on previous screenshots.

If this is supposed to be M24, well, there are vast differences bettwen this M24 Counter-Strike Steyr Scout Replacement Model (originally made by Endorphin, Sixshooter and Dirty) and a real M24.

On real M24, the stock's adjustable butt plate is not curved (take a look at Figure 2-7 on Page 2-5, Chapter 2 in Field Manual No. 23-10). Real M24 doesn't have a detachable magazine, but an internal, five-round capacity magazine. Bolt body on this M24 is modeled totally wrong (take a look at Figure 2-3 on Page 2-4, Chapter 2 in Field Manual No. 23-10) also the bolt handle is way too long. The trigger guard on this M24 is wrong – it’s the trigged guard found on Remington Model 700 not on M24  (take a look at Figure 2-6 on Page 2-5, Chapter 2 in Field Manual No. 23-10). Left side of bolt and stock is badly textured – it's a mirrored right side. The scope is totally fictional, it has an elevation adjustment dial and a focus adjustment dial, but where is a windage adjustment dial? Besides, rifle scopes don’t have red lenses. Judging from the screenshot, this rifle seems to have Leupold Mark 4 1-piece base. That base only accepts Mark 4 Rings, Cross-Slot Rings and QRW/PRW Rings – neither of them looks like rings found on this CS model.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Status_cz @ April 17 2003,21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">looks verry good,but convert weapon can do everybody wink.gif

what about create own weapon?<span id='postcolor'>

o sorry, i didnt see your release of Converted Weapons? who cares if their converted.. they look good and he took the time to do it so.... hush up cuz this is a good addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Andraz @ April 18 2003,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As a maker of M24 Sniper Weapon System addon I would like to comment the rifle shown on previous screenshots.

If this is supposed to be M24, well, there are vast differences bettwen this M24 Counter-Strike Steyr Scout Replacement Model (originally made by Endorphin, Sixshooter and Dirty) and a real M24.

On real M24, the stock's adjustable butt plate is not curved (take a look at Figure 2-7 on Page 2-5, Chapter 2 in Field Manual No. 23-10). Real M24 doesn't have a detachable magazine, but an internal, five-round capacity magazine. Bolt body on this M24 is modeled totally wrong (take a look at Figure 2-3 on Page 2-4, Chapter 2 in Field Manual No. 23-10) also the bolt handle is way too long. The trigger guard on this M24 is wrong – it’s the trigged guard found on Remington Model 700 not on M24  (take a look at Figure 2-6 on Page 2-5, Chapter 2 in Field Manual No. 23-10). Left side of bolt and stock is badly textured – it's a mirrored right side. The scope is totally fictional, it has an elevation adjustment dial and a focus adjustment dial, but where is a windage adjustment dial? Besides, rifle scopes don’t have red lenses. Judging from the screenshot, this rifle seems to have Leupold Mark 4 1-piece base. That base only accepts Mark 4 Rings, Cross-Slot Rings and QRW/PRW Rings – neither of them looks like rings found on this CS model.<span id='postcolor'>

Well maybe we should call it an Remington SR8 then  wink.gif

Calibers:               .338 Lapua

Magazine:               5 Shot detachable box magazine.

Barrel Length:          27" (685.8mm) with 2" (50.8mm) muzzle brake

Barrel Profile:         Remington hammer forged 5R, RH twist 1:11.5"

Combat Weight:          15.75 lbs (7.16 kg)

Overall Length:         47" - 49" (1193.8 - 1244.6mm)

Stock:                  HS Precision, adjustable for length of pull. (Same as

M24 SWS.

Sights:                 Prototypes fitted with Leupold Mk4 M1 16x

Features:           Based on M700 Long Action with M24 trigger.

It was nicely made and never produced I heard  biggrin.gif