Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

High resolution skies

Thank you very much GoOB! smile.gif

I'm not very good with computers, I'm just

good to strike down enemies in OFP.

Great, great looking mod, thanks to guru

himself! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GoOB @ April 17 2003,17:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way i wish bloody ATI would fix their drivers so i can get rid of the flickering road textures....<span id='postcolor'>

I'm using an ATi Radeon 9700Pro with Omega Driver 3.2 (2.4.07a) and no any textures are flickering... The last, when I meet with problems like this was when I used 3.0 drivers... Install the latest drivers!

CU.

I have cataclyst 3.2 right now, please give me a link to that omega one. (Or is it for all in wonder products only?)

Also glad to be of help jjj666 smile.gif

Looks like a great addition - thanks smile.gif

Hey Miles - did you see my question to you in the troubleshooting forum?

Cheers - cornhelium

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ April 17 2003,14:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ April 17 2003,12:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so these new Data3d.pbos increase the addons size by 200 megs wow.gif. So it's same if you had about 200 megs of extra addons in your addons folder.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... that shouldnt happen if the install went right. The new PBO's should only be about 2MB larger than the original ones.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope. You misuderstood :]

The modified files are of course modified by +2MB... but... you need to copy them to new place (/hisky/addons), so now you have 2 sets of theese files with 400MB instead of 200MB, that is +200MB for OFP to load :]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cornhelium @ April 17 2003,21:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Looks like a great addition - thanks smile.gif

Hey Miles - did you see my question to you in the troubleshooting forum?

Cheers - cornhelium<span id='postcolor'>

Nah didn't see it. What thread? You can also PM me.

Thx.

Chris G.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ April 18 2003,13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The modified files are of course modified by +2MB... but... you need to copy them to new place (/hisky/addons), so now you have 2 sets of theese files with 400MB instead of 200MB, that is +200MB for OFP to load :]<span id='postcolor'>

No, that is incorrect too. When the pbo's in hisky are there and in use, the old pbo's are not loaded (not from dta\ or from res\dta) at all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lee_H._Oswald @ April 17 2003,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kegetys, did you test higher resolution sky´s?

Like 2048x2048 or 4096x4096.

Does it work? How do they look? Are they performance killer? wink.gif

On my video card I can choose texture size up to 4096x4096 which I´m using all the time. So I think 4096 Sky´s are possible.

MfG Lee<span id='postcolor'>

4096x4096 skies would probably kill your pc tounge.gif, it takes some time to load a 1024x1024 texture in Texview so imagine if the texture would be 4096x4096 crazy.gif. But I would still like to see how it looks with super high resolution textures wink.gif.

I'm having some trouble getting this working.

The extraction seems to go OK, and I have set up the shortcut properties OK, but when I load each of the islands I get an error message such as:

Cannot load object data3d\plot_proizorni.3pd

Does anyone have any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

This shows that real potencial of OFP is still understimated smile.gif ...

"Kegetys" wanna create one test sky with 2048x2048?

because most of modern videocards works fine with 2048x2048 textures (128MB, 256 and 512MB (3Dlabs product owners smile.gif VRAM on chip) + huge and fast AGP aperture (RIMM:)

Btw. i seeking for similar remade of TREES and WATER (someone mentioned here RAIN), but so far i found only partial tries ... exist any ? (sorry if i missed some1 work).

P.S. anyone thought about scripting tree's branches to move (like in wind?) ... lol

I never realised that the original sky was not so good. But now...

I will never go back to the old sky!

And by installing your mod I finnaly found out how to use this -nosplash command to get rid of these boring intro screens while starting OFP! (after all the years playing OFP)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GoOB @ April 17 2003,21:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have cataclyst 3.2 right now, please give me a link to that omega one. (Or is it for all in wonder products only?)

Also glad to be of help jjj666 smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

http://www.omegacorner.com/ati.htm

No. You can use it with R9500Pro, too...

Can someone help me? I add the -mod=hisky at the end of the target, and it says that the target is not valid, and I'm sure I did everything right. The Hiskey folder is in the operation flashpoint folder.

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"-mod=hisky

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ April 20 2003,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can someone help me? I add the -mod=hisky at the end of the target, and it says that the target is not valid, and I'm sure I did everything right. The Hiskey folder is in the operation flashpoint folder.

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"-mod=hisky<span id='postcolor'>

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"-mod=hisky

This part is wrong it should be "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=hisky (note the space between EXE" and -mod)

OMG THOSE SKIES ARE BEAUTIFUl!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I'VE BEEN MISSING OUT SO MUCH!!!!!!! lol

Thank you very much Kegetys!!! its very nice to wage war under such a beautiful sky...shame about the modified data message in MP

OK this is fantastic...This is the greatest sky I ever seen in a game..Morrowind comes second but compared to that static sky that BF 1942 has this is incredible!Of course playing on Everon and Malden is impossible now because of the low textures..

Anyway please consider my request for it will make this game complete...How about HIGH RES WATER HIGH RES WATER HIGH RES WATER HIGH RES WATER HIGH RES WATER ...Sorry for repeating myself like a tribal incantation but I must have it smile.gif

this is a great mod, but Iam having some trouble.

when running the cammel plane bis relased some time ago a message comes up as "snake.p3d cannot be found" and I get some texture error messages when starting up a map. When I use the reality pack and use the a-10 the bombs dont appear under the plane at all. just giving a heads up

Yeah I am also having problems. Whenever I hit the fire button it freezes for a few seconds... confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (killagee @ April 23 2003,11:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah I am also having problems. Whenever I hit the fire button it freezes for a few seconds...  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Look in this thread