Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

High resolution skies

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ April 16 2003,19:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hmm... first of all, batch installer seems not to be compatible with Win98 command shell, in which...

a) del '/Q' parameter is illegal

b) copy '/Y' parameter should be one of the last parameters

so... the installer batch should look like that (for persons having troubles in Win98):

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">@echo off

cls

echo.

If exist newdata\jasno.pac goto ok1

echo Installfiles not found.

goto end

:ok1

If not exist ..\res\dta\data.pbo echo ERROR data.pbo not found

If not exist ..\res\dta\data.pbo goto end

If not exist ..\res\dta\data3d.pbo echo ERROR data3d.pbo not found

If not exist ..\res\dta\data3d.pbo goto end

If not exist ..\res\dta\hwtl\data.pbo echo ERROR hwtl/data.pbo not found

If not exist ..\res\dta\hwtl\data.pbo goto end

If not exist ..\res\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo echo ERROR hwtl/data3d.pbo not found

If not exist ..\res\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo goto end

echo This will process datafiles as required for high resolution skies.

echo None of the original OFP files will be modified.

echo.

echo Before proceeding, please make sure that you have

echo at least 400MB free space on this drive.

echo.

echo.

echo Press any key to continue or ctrl-c to abort.

pause >NUL

mkdir dta

mkdir dta\hwtl

mkdir temp

del temp\*.*

cls

echo Processing dta\data.pbo...

echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\res\dta\data.pbo temp

copy newdata\*.pa? temp /Y

bin\cpbo.exe -p temp dta\data.pbo

del temp\*.*

cls

echo Processing dta\hwtl\data.pbo...

echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\res\dta\hwtl\data.pbo temp

copy newdata\*.pa? temp /Y

bin\cpbo.exe -p temp dta\hwtl\data.pbo

del temp\*.*

cls

echo Processing dta\data3d.pbo...

echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\res\dta\data3d.pbo temp

del temp\obloha.p3d.srpc

copy newdata\obloha.p3d temp /Y

bin\cpbo.exe -p temp dta\data3d.pbo

del temp\*.*

cls

echo Processing dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo...

echo.

bin\cpbo.exe -e ..\res\dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo temp

del temp\obloha.p3d.srpc

copy newdata\obloha.p3d temp /Y

bin\cpbo.exe -p temp dta\hwtl\data3d.pbo

del temp\*.*

cls

echo.

echo all done.

echo You can now run OFP with high resolution skies by using -mod=hisky parameter.

:end

pause

<span id='postcolor'>

Secondly... WOW, huhuhu... great! :] Extremely good work! :]<span id='postcolor'>

I got WIN 98 and I’m having trouble installing this. I don't understand what to do to fix it.

found a little bug about the rainy blue shad, the blue layer edge can be seen when u prone in a rainy night. I dont have any place to upload pic sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chaztheducky @ April 17 2003,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes im getting an error message saying that it couldnt find data.pbo. plz help me sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you have to extract the content to your "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint" folder.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ April 16 2003,21:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, I think now we need new rain and rain sound for ofp because the original rain is really hard to see sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Add milk. That's what they do for films biggrin.gif

Oh yeah..clouds look great BTW wink.gif

SO just how big is this addon (MB), and how much of a drain will it put on RAM/CPU - will it cause "cannot memory map blah blah" errors if I use it and have other addons installed?

Ox...how can anyone possibly know if it will cause memory map errors on your computer? Obviously it works on some people's computers...so just try it and see....and make a back-up copy of Data.pbo before you do wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ April 17 2003,06:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ox...how can anyone possibly know if it will cause memory map errors on your computer? Obviously it works on some people's computers...so just try it and see....and make a back-up copy of Data.pbo before you do  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

OK, I realise you can't know if it's gonna cause problems on my system, I just thought people would have some idea about how much of a drain it is, like how DKM suggested a recommended system specs for their rotorwash script.

At least tell me how big the files are after installation.............

It, um, doesn't work. The game just crashes when i start it up. No messages, and i installed it right. The game gets to the codemasters splash screen, then crashes to the desktop.

I've been playing with hisky for a day now in multiplayer (about 5-8 hours straight) and the only thing I find weird the nice sky biggrin.gif

I'm the dude with the scream/scary movie face tounge.gif

hisky.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ April 17 2003,06:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ox...how can anyone possibly know if it will cause memory map errors on your computer? Obviously it works on some people's computers...so just try it and see....and make a back-up copy of Data.pbo before you do  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well the new Data3d.pbo files that the installer creates are both 127 megs making them 254 megs in total. Now the original Data3d.pbos are only about 54 megs in total, so these new Data3d.pbos increase the addons size by 200 megs wow.gif. So it's same if you had about 200 megs of extra addons in your addons folder.

Usually when you have about 500 megs in your addons folder, these memory messages can appear very easily, so imagine what happens when you add some 200 megs extra crazy.gif.

I got Win98SE and it installed perfectly with no errors or anything wierd.  I also installed it in the main OFP directory as the instructions showed.   Finally I made a proper shortcut to the hinky mod folder as I've done with my other mods (I have seperate mod folders for Vietnam addons, modern warfare addons, and WWII addons).   However when I try to play the game using the "hinky" shortcut, when I load a map, it gives me a missing texture error and while the game works, I don't see any new skies.  Bummer.   I'm using a Palit Daytona TNT2 32meg card with the latest Nvidia drivers so I don't think it's the video card.  I'm also using OFP Resistance version 1.90.   Do you need 1.91 for this to work? I'm also using Satchel's Dynamic range soundpack (for 1.90) which uses a modified config file. Could that be the problem?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ April 17 2003,12:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so these new Data3d.pbos increase the addons size by 200 megs wow.gif. So it's same if you had about 200 megs of extra addons in your addons folder.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... that shouldnt happen if the install went right. The new PBO's should only be about 2MB larger than the original ones.

The install bat apparently does not work in Win9x correctly, as the temp files are not deleted between processes of new files resulting in the data3d pbo's getting files from data.pbo in it too. People with those ancient windowses should use the bat posted by Johann (just copypaste his code sample to notepad or something and save it as a .bat into the same dir you have install.bat in and run it)

wow! i am going to start selling OFP screnshots as fine art now.

WIN 98 users !---- E-Mail me ar REEDKILLER@hotmail.com and I will send you modifyed files that should work if that is ok with the addons creator

If i only had the physical strength to complete the very demanding installment procedure i would have nice skies. But to bad i am to lazy to do it. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GoOB @ April 17 2003,09:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If i only had the physical strength to complete the very demanding installment procedure i would have nice skies. But to bad i am to lazy to do it. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

better hit the gym biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ April 17 2003,14:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ April 17 2003,12:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so these new Data3d.pbos increase the addons size by 200 megs wow.gif. So it's same if you had about 200 megs of extra addons in your addons folder.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm... that shouldnt happen if the install went right. The new PBO's should only be about 2MB larger than the original ones.

The install bat apparently does not work in Win9x correctly, as the temp files are not deleted between processes of new files resulting in the data3d pbo's getting files from data.pbo in it too. People with those ancient windowses should use the bat posted by Johann (just copypaste his code sample to notepad or something and save it as a .bat into the same dir you have install.bat in and run it)<span id='postcolor'>

I see, thanks for the info I'll try installing them again smile.gif. Could it be possible to make a version with jpg skies, though jpg textures would probably put your comp on its knees confused.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ April 17 2003,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see, thanks for the info I'll try installing them again smile.gif. Could it be possible to make a version with jpg skies, though jpg textures would probably put your comp on its knees confused.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

JPG would be alot better, but for that to work the exe would need to be modified.

Got it working perfectly now, no more oversized Data3d.pbo biggrin.gif, thanks Johann for fixed bat wink.gif.

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ April 17 2003,16wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ April 17 2003,16:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see, thanks for the info I'll try installing them again smile.gif. Could it be possible to make a version with jpg skies, though jpg textures would probably put your comp on its knees confused.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

JPG would be alot better, but for that to work the exe would need to be modified.<span id='postcolor'>

It`s a fine addon, Keg! And I`d love to see the next version/level of it.  tounge.gif  wink.gif

Lots of rain water splashs out from the monitor directly into Fallen`s face ... blubbll... blub... crazy.gif

I finally musterd up enough strength to install this thing. I can tell you it was worth forty litres of jolt-cola to get the energy to install the thing, only problem now is that i cant sleep. By the way i wish bloody ATI would fix their drivers so i can get rid of the flickering road textures....

wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ April 17 2003,14wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ April 17 2003,12:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so these new Data3d.pbos increase the addons size by 200 megs wow.gif. So it's same if you had about 200 megs of extra addons in your addons folder.<span id='postcolor'>

The install bat apparently does not work in Win9x correctly, as the temp files are not deleted between processes of new files resulting in the data3d pbo's getting files from data.pbo in it too. People with those ancient windowses should use the bat posted by Johann (just copypaste his code sample to notepad or something and save it as a .bat into the same dir you have install.bat in and run it)<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks Keg, I got it to work with the other code for Win 98.  

As for Win98 being "ancient", some of us have to use Win98 because our computers may not run WinXP very well due to hardware configurations.  I have a older cards and printers that don't have WinXp for them so I have no choice but to use Win98SE.   I also do not have the money to upgrade that hardware.  This includes an older Pinnacle analog video to digital video encoder card and also a Guillemot Isis 8 input, 8 output souncard designed for studio recording.  Both of these cards are critical for me so no upgrades until I can afford fancier hardware for my home audio/video studio.  

So while some of us use Win 98 because we feel more comfortable with it, some of us also use it because we have to.  

Anyways, keep up the great work.  I checked out the new skies and really enjoyed it.   Amazing work!

Chris G.

Hi again!

I still can't get the mod work. What should I do

in this particular point:

If the install goes well, you should

be able to use the hisky directory like a regular mod folder.

(ie. add -mod=hisky into your OFPR shortcut link).

How should I exactly add -mod=hisky into shortcut?

Thank you, if you have time to answer my question !

confused.gifsmile.gif

First copy your original RES short-cut, paste it anywere you want it (prefferably on the desktop) Then right click it and select properties, there you should see something that reads "target" just copy/paste any of the little extras the people here have posted already (leave the original target though) then you should be able to play with the "Hi-sky".

Kegetys, did you test higher resolution sky´s?

Like 2048x2048 or 4096x4096.

Does it work? How do they look? Are they performance killer? wink.gif

On my video card I can choose texture size up to 4096x4096 which I´m using all the time. So I think 4096 Sky´s are possible.

MfG Lee