Sign in to follow this  
kegetys

High resolution skies

ok - ummm it installed fine but i cant seem to get the shortcut to work. Everytime I add -mod=hisky it says the directory is invalid. could you please give me the complete shortcut to use?

Thanks

Guest BratZ

Wow nice ! Funny Kegetys stays quite for a bit ,then this!!

Of course I like planes and these are a sweet addition,haven't tried it yet tho.Let you know if I have problems

Look at those pics and then tell me again that the OFP engine has bad graphics. biggrin.gif

I read in another german games magazine forum that the guys there wanted BF1942 like graphics... Those guys are nuts! I stick to my realistic OFP! smile.gif

Oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This really makes ofp more like real world!!!!!! There are so many good mod maker making amazing high quality addon for OFP, and I hope BIS will learn something from those addon makers for OFP2 biggrin.gif

Also, I think now we need new rain and rain sound for ofp because the original rain is really hard to see sad.gif , and the sound of thunder is like being cut in the end.  Hope someone will improve it too! love u guys!  smile.gif

To LowLevelFunctionary this is how you make the shortcut work you put this at the end -mod=hisky so it looks like this

OperationFlashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -mod=hisky

I must say, as usual, I'm hellaimpressed with the new sky graphics. Its not perfect, but its such a far cry from what I'm used to in Opflash that it doesnt really matter. I think this stands next to the original winter kolgujev as the biggest improvement in terms of enviromental upgrades i've seen.

I must sound like a broken record repeating the obvious, but its a fan-friking-tastic mod. Adds something new that hasen't obviously been done before which is a rariety in opflashes mods, and its appreciated. Not to say I don't love weapons...I do. Heh.

PS: theres a occasional error message that pops up saying something like "cannont find XXX.pbo in data3d.pbo"-but the game runs fine, and I can run all my missions. Should I care?

Just tested the new skies. They are indeed great (unfortunately the textures high above look a little too painted, but that`s .paa compression`s fault I think) and you can`t feel any performance decrease on my system.

Not sure if I'm being stupid but the batch file doesn't work for me. When I run it it just says "ERROR data.pbo not found", then quits out when I press a key as it asks. I am running XP Pro.  sad.gif

Edit: Read the readme properly Munger. Fixed. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ April 16 2003,21:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not sure if I'm being stupid but the batch file doesn't work for me. When I run it it just says "ERROR data.pbo not found", then quits out when I press a key as it asks. I am running XP Pro.  sad.gif

Edit: Read the readme properly Munger. Fixed.  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Just put the hisky folder in your OFP Folder, then run the batch again.

MfG Lee wink.gif

P.S. Try netx time to read the "readme".  biggrin.gif

Argh! You evil editor! crazy.gif

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow. i new you had to be up to something because we hadn't seen something from you in a while. It is truly cool! Kegetys is the man!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rouge1 @ April 16 2003,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To LowLevelFunctionary this is how you make the shortcut work you put this at the end  -mod=hisky so it looks like this

OperationFlashpoint\FlashpointResistance.exe" -mod=hisky<span id='postcolor'>

hehe yeah thanks m8 i wasnt using a space.

Well i got the shortcut to work, however it gives me an error message - cannot memory map file "hisky\dta\data3d.pbo". Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

Hey, I bet installing the Hisky textures on you puter didnt have as amazing an effect as it did on mine:

hisky1.jpg

hisky2.jpg

hisky3.jpg

BEAT THAT! BWhahhahaha!!!!!!!

BAM:)

Hey, I can't get those great looking skies function. Could you please send more detailed instructions what to do.

What does that -mod=husky -thing mean? Do I have to name operationflashpointresistance.exe as operationflashpointresistance -mod=husky or what?  

Thank you!     wow.gif  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LowLevelFunctionary @ April 16 2003,14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[

Well i got the shortcut to work, however it gives me an error message - cannot memory map file "hisky\dta\data3d.pbo".  Any thoughts on what could be wrong?<span id='postcolor'>

I have the same problem. I think it's because you've got an ATi Radeon, right? Normally it's because there are too many addons on your system that you computer, specifically your graphics card, gets overloaded trying to keep them all ready to be added. Or somthing to that effect. I emptied out my addons folder and it still doesn't work. Which is a damn shame.

The record still spins, fantastic work. The dusk & dawn skies reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wink.gif. One problem though, I get crash to desktop sometimes when playing MP with this.

Yes it is normal, installer will copy some files making the hisky folder about 585 megs in total wow.gif.

Yup. The textures are relatively small but their integration into your data pbo's requires extraction, alteration and packing of large files, and this takes time. smile.gif