Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

Holy cow!

man...Mister Frag looks poor compared to that guy.... tounge.gif

wonder if he shoots them all.....

I saw HK SR8(?). I hear that HK won't make them anymore. and as soon as current stock is out, that's it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 29 2003,18:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Man, this is what I dream about winning the lottery for!<span id='postcolor'>

Winning the lottery wouldn't really help you, you live in Australia wink.gif

That is one very very very serious gun collection. He even has his own firing range! He must have a very high level gun liscence to own a M2 .50cal MG. And one of his Armalites had a M203 attached...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 29 2003,08:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 29 2003,18wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Man, this is what I dream about winning the lottery for!<span id='postcolor'>

Winning the lottery wouldn't really help you, you live in Australia <!--emo&wink.gif

That is one very very very serious gun collection. He even has his own firing range! He must have a very high level gun liscence to own a M2 .50cal MG. And one of his Armalites had a M203 attached...<span id='postcolor'>

No special liscense is required to own an M2...

If it is full auto, you just have to do the same paperwork, ect as any other class III weapon.

If it is a semi auto one...it is no different than buying any other rifle.

The "M203" is probably a smoke/flare launcher...anyone can buy one.

If it is a real M203...he paid a pretty price for it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Col. Kurtz @ Mar. 29 2003,08:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 29 2003,18wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Man, this is what I dream about winning the lottery for!<span id='postcolor'>

Winning the lottery wouldn't really help you, you live in Australia wink.gif

That is one very very very serious gun collection. He even has his own firing range! He must have a very high level gun liscence to own a M2 .50cal MG. And one of his Armalites had a M203 attached...<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, but if I was a millionaire I bet I wouldn't have any trouble getting a US citizenship! tounge.gif

Owning a machine gun only requires a clean background check, the consent of the local Sheriff / Chief of Police, and a $200 tax stamp. No big deal, really, provided there are no state or local laws prohibiting their ownership. Someone with this kind of money is bound to have good political connections, so getting the local COP to play along should be easy.

The grenade launcher may in fact be one of the common 37mm launchers that are easily available to civilians. The real M203 is a 40mm launcher, and can fire munitions that aren't available to civilians. The 37mm version typically fires flares or bird bombs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 29 2003,08:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The grenade launcher may in fact be one of the common 37mm launchers that are easily available to civilians. The real M203 is a 40mm launcher, and can fire munitions that aren't available to civilians. The 37mm version typically fires flares or bird bombs.<span id='postcolor'>

sorry Mister Frag. no more in CA....i heard from someone else in the firearms dealer store about a month ago. (35? is..25? is not)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 29 2003,08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 29 2003,08:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The grenade launcher may in fact be one of the common 37mm launchers that are easily available to civilians. The real M203 is a 40mm launcher, and can fire munitions that aren't available to civilians. The 37mm version typically fires flares or bird bombs.<span id='postcolor'>

sorry Mister Frag. no more in CA....i heard from someone else in the firearms dealer store about a month ago. (35? is..25? is not)<span id='postcolor'>

I have one...(but, of course...I live in free America tounge.gif  )

To tell you the truth, if it was not for the fact that they cost less than $300.00....I wouldnt own it.

In fact, I dont even have it installed on any of my rifles right now.

Its just a cosmetic thing...bird bombs, smoke grenades, and flares get boring after awhile biggrin.gif

huh,if i had that much cash,i`d have a hind and possibly a tank and loads of land to play around in biggrin.gif

"huh,if i had that much cash,i`d have a hind and possibly a tank and loads of land to play around in"

He probably has that too...

lol this man is a real gun nut!

i wonder whether the FBI or ATF know about this collection. tounge.gif

Good lord, that dude could just begin a small militia with all those weapons   wow.gif  wow.gif  wow.gif

Who cleans those things anyway?

I would be happy if I just have one M16/SA80/C7A1/M4 (choose one). sad.gif

Scary ... I noticed he has some Finnish assault rifles on his AK wall, must be a very dedicated collector.

Wow, that guy has alot of guns!!

Were there M-16s there?

Arn't real military M-16A2s(what's the whole name?) illegal for civilans to own?

What's the difference between real M-16s and the kind civilians can buy?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 30 2003,03:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's the difference between real M-16s and the kind civilians can buy?<span id='postcolor'>

If you mean Bushmaster and Colt AR-15s, the only real difference is the absence of automatic fire. Technically though, civilians can get 'assault' versions of the M16 and/or AR15.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 30 2003,03:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Arn't real military M-16A2s(what's the whole name?) illegal for civilans to own?<span id='postcolor'>

Read previous posts. Automatic weapons (Class 3) need more paperwork and a payment, plus background checks and more security, etc.

Yes, but M-16A2s don't have full auto.

Just 3 shot burst.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 30 2003,05:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, but M-16A2s don't have full auto.

Just 3 shot burst.<span id='postcolor'>

Really? Hadn't heard. icon8.gif

3 round burst is essentially artificially curtailed automatic fire. Any assault rifle with a three round burst option is capable of automatic fire with either minor mechanical tampering, or a flick of a switch. A post-ban 'legal' AR15 is not capable of firing in auto without replacing its 'legal' receiver with an 'illegal' (madmedic and the rest of the cognescenti present- I'm just using illegal and legal to make it as simple as possible) receiver that is capable of full auto fire.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 30 2003,05:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 30 2003,03wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What's the difference between real M-16s and the kind civilians can buy?<span id='postcolor'>

If you mean Bushmaster and Colt AR-15s, the only real difference is the absence of automatic fire. Technically though, civilians can get 'assault' versions of the M16 and/or AR15.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I found some pictures online of an AR15, and an M16, and the AR15 looks significantly shorter than the M16.

I bet all the insides are all different too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Mar. 30 2003,07:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, I found some pictures online of an AR15, and an M16, and the AR15 looks significantly shorter than the M16.

I bet all the insides are all different too.<span id='postcolor'>

The barrel length is just due to the fact that most people want their non-match semiautomatic rifles in a carbine configuration, simply due to it's manageability. You can get a semi-auto full length AR15 any day of the week on the civilian market.

The only thing that is different between a military/police AR15 and a civilian AR15 is the receiver, which is generally recognized as the 'gun' portion of a gun.

There really is not much difference in the lower receiver between a civilian AR-16 and a military M-16. The only thing you have to do to convert an AR-15 to full-auto is to install a full-auto sear, disconnector, hammer, and bolt carrier. Please be aware that doing so is totally illegal without the proper paperwork and payments.

There are some Colt-manufactured ARs that use different size takedown pins and may also include a block to prevent the installation of full-auto parts. The latter was not mandated by the government, but Colt decided to do it anyway.