Sign in to follow this  
smogmorph

Afghanistan!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Mar. 15 2003,03wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 15 2003,02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">jeez what are those things on their heads???I know they're SUPPOSED to be turbans but come on!LMAO... <!--emo&biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dont laugh if you can do better than go ahaed if not just stfu tounge.gif

I think he has done a great job wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Man don't tell me to stfu!

I agree that the way I expressed my opinion was a bit OTT but it has been said by another person now so I can say again that I think those turbans look weird...They don't look the right shape.They look like they are just resting on top of the head instead of actually being worn.

And I'm getting real sick of people saying BS like "If you don't like it make your own"...WTF is that supposed to mean??!

I have NEVER claimed or even hinted that I have any skills whatsoever in addonmaking...I am simply a gamer, and in the end addonmakers are there to enhance the gamer's experience, so I am giving an opinion.As I said it was a bit harsh and I apologise but DO NOT TELL ME TO STFU! ANY feedback whether positive or negative should be taken into account by an addonmaker...without feedback we'd have no patches, fixes or any good addons at all

wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 15 2003,04wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Mar. 15 2003,03wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 15 2003,02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">jeez what are those things on their heads???I know they're SUPPOSED to be turbans but come on!LMAO... <!--emo&biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Dont laugh if you can do better than go ahaed if not just stfu tounge.gif

I think he has done a great job wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Man don't tell me to stfu!

I agree that the way I expressed my opinion was a bit OTT but it has been said by another person now so I can say again that I think those turbans look weird...They don't look the right shape.They look like they are just resting on top of the head instead of actually being worn.

And I'm getting real sick of people saying BS like "If you don't like it make your own"...WTF is that supposed to mean??!

I have NEVER claimed or even hinted that I have any skills whatsoever in addonmaking...I am simply a gamer, and in the end addonmakers are there to enhance the gamer's experience, so I am giving an opinion.As I said it was a bit harsh and I apologise but DO NOT TELL ME TO STFU! ANY feedback whether positive or negative should be taken into account by an addonmaker...without feedback we'd have no patches, fixes or any good addons at all<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but there is contructive criticism and just plain bitching...

Laughing at an addon and saying it looks stupid - well, guess which category that falls into?  wink.gif

LOL Fubar...I don't think you're one to start giving out. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 14 2003,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i do check there on thier scripts to see if hell froze over...er i mean if they have anything for 1.85 yet. all i see is "ver 1.46 ONLY...1.46 ONLY...1.46 ONLY all the way down the list. so i dont bother anymore. oh wait i did find a deceint AA script that i needed to modify for 1.85  but othe rthne that all the scripts dont work anymore. becuz NOONE IN THE WORLD HAS 1.46 ANYMORE~! they should oh i dunno DELETE THOSE CRIPTS AS THEY ARE UNUSABLE ANYMORE??? blah nvm. god forbid anyone use common sense anymore<span id='postcolor'>

Try the forum, its very active, even more so than this one.

Does this mean that everyone that can make addons is free to bitch at everything thats released? tounge.gif

Hahahaha!! OFPEC has more than just scripts BTW....

Don't bash OFPEC for being a more editing rather than addon oriented site. IF you ever have an addon or editing question, you'll get an answer fast in the forums.

Anyway, Cat_shit say's he's planning an April release, as well as several maps modeling different parts of Afghanistan.

I admire the wok Remo put into his units, even though I agree about the caps etc. What bothers me is the Mujahdin helicopters- they just didn't exist! Did the VC (NOT NVA) use a/c? NOOO! Aircraft require too much infrastructure and logistical support for guerilla forces, even a pseuo-state like the Taliban. But the vehicle wrecks are nice.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 15 2003,07:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 14 2003,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i do check there on thier scripts to see if hell froze over...er i mean if they have anything for 1.85 yet. all i see is "ver 1.46 ONLY...1.46 ONLY...1.46 ONLY all the way down the list. so i dont bother anymore. oh wait i did find a deceint AA script that i needed to modify for 1.85  but othe rthne that all the scripts dont work anymore. becuz NOONE IN THE WORLD HAS 1.46 ANYMORE~! they should oh i dunno DELETE THOSE CRIPTS AS THEY ARE UNUSABLE ANYMORE??? blah nvm. god forbid anyone use common sense anymore<span id='postcolor'>

Try the forum, its very active, even more so than this one.<span id='postcolor'>

I would have to disagree with that, this forum is far more active than the OFPECs.

The OFPEC is the best place for anything to do with editing or addon making, I visit there every day.

Back on topic, great island, I can't wait for the release smile.gif

RED

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Mar. 15 2003,18:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 15 2003,07:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Mar. 14 2003,22:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i do check there on thier scripts to see if hell froze over...er i mean if they have anything for 1.85 yet. all i see is "ver 1.46 ONLY...1.46 ONLY...1.46 ONLY all the way down the list. so i dont bother anymore. oh wait i did find a deceint AA script that i needed to modify for 1.85  but othe rthne that all the scripts dont work anymore. becuz NOONE IN THE WORLD HAS 1.46 ANYMORE~! they should oh i dunno DELETE THOSE CRIPTS AS THEY ARE UNUSABLE ANYMORE??? blah nvm. god forbid anyone use common sense anymore<span id='postcolor'>

Try the forum, its very active, even more so than this one.<span id='postcolor'>

I would have to disagree with that, this forum is far more active than the OFPECs.  

The OFPEC is the best place for anything to do with editing or addon making, I visit there every day.

Back on topic, great island, I can't wait for the release smile.gif

RED<span id='postcolor'>

Well, i was more talking about the addon forums, i dont really venture much further than these two forums...(the other folk scare me tounge.gif )

The only ones around here who have any place telling people to "STFU" are the moderators, and we don't say it we do it with post restrictions, I would strongly suggest that some of the people who have posted in this thread learn an increased level of maturity rapidly or there will be a number of post restrictions handed out.

Anyway....CATSHIT is doing a great job...it should be an excellent island. Go to the nomad forums for regular updates...they are all friendly there wink.giftounge.gif

NOMAD Forums

By the way, just wanted to make clear that there will be no oil rigs etc. on CS1's map. Afghanistan isn't Saudi Arabia, Somalia, or Iraq.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 16 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, just wanted to make clear that there will be no oil rigs etc. on CS1's map. Afghanistan isn't Saudi Arabia, Somalia, or Iraq.<span id='postcolor'>

How about bazaars and carpet shops? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 16 2003,08:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 16 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, just wanted to make clear that there will be no oil rigs etc. on CS1's map. Afghanistan isn't Saudi Arabia, Somalia, or Iraq.<span id='postcolor'>

How about bazaars and carpet shops? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 16 2003,08:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 16 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, just wanted to make clear that there will be no oil rigs etc. on CS1's map. Afghanistan isn't Saudi Arabia, Somalia, or Iraq.<span id='postcolor'>

lol

1: 2 Target Carpet 1 'o' clock

2: Carpet is History

talibans on flying carpets ? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 16 2003,12:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">talibans on flying carpets ?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

More realistic than the ol' flying BMP bug. tounge.gif

Maybe a little late but I must say this map looks terrific ! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Mar. 16 2003,11:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 16 2003,08:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 16 2003,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, just wanted to make clear that there will be no oil rigs etc. on CS1's map. Afghanistan isn't Saudi Arabia, Somalia, or Iraq.<span id='postcolor'>

lol

1: 2 Target Carpet 1 'o' clock

2: Carpet is History

talibans on flying carpets ?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That joke is gettin' so bloody old... Wasnt even funny in the first place...

Is this map going to have any kind of airbases /airstrips?

I would love to see a good old dirt landing strip, plus

Afghanistan does have an air force, so they will need a

concrete runway.

Can you go after Sadass Hussein in this? tounge.gif

Yeah, yeah, I know, (s)he's in Iraq, but a guy's gotta dream!

A note, no addonmakers do not exist to enhance "your" OFP experience, we do it to make addons, certainly not as a "job" to fullfill "your" needs.

Which is why y'all should hand out that there "coon-struct-tive" criticism with a care towards NOT belittling someone's hours of work, 'cuz folks, even a crappy addon takes more time than playing an MP map, and sometimes can be alot less fun.

If the return on their labor is ridicule and harrassment, the labor becomes odious,

Then they quit.

get a clue please, or better yet, go download some of the REAL EARLY addons, and see just how far from "crappy" we have come.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Skul @ Mar. 16 2003,10:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you go after Sadass Hussein in this? tounge.gif

Yeah, yeah, I know, (s)he's in Iraq, but a guy's gotta dream!<span id='postcolor'>

ya but he DOES work with/ assoicated with osama bin laden...so techicaly yes u probably could